Hibs v Celtc, Easter Sunday

20 hours ago, Lebowski said:

You're lucky to have him. Such disrespect. Hope you get relegated. Etc. Et fucking c.

Lennon I think is a good manager. And weirdly I think he'd actually do better in Europe with you than Rodgers did. But he's got f**k loads of faults too. He plays to the opposition a lot. If you've got better players then you should have a system which beats them. Stuff gets in his head where he's lost games and he's convinced his next change will fix it. He loves matching up to opposition strengths and trying to negate them.

Celtic being more reactive would probably be a good thing for you in Europe imo. Rodgers sent his players out for rodgering all the time. You're no Ajax (despite the same budget) who can dictate what happens in a game. Domestically it will be annoying as f**k but.

Agree with most your points but regarding Ajax we dont have the same budget. Whilst our wage bill may be similar they ran at a 30 million player trading deficit this season whilst we ran at a 15 million surplus.  

8 hours ago, Green Day said:

Nope - thing is, I am in the west upper, closer to the other end and it was a clear dive. Play had raged on for a bit, but I was stunned that Walsh didnt then pull Brown up for it and give him a yellow.

TBH, its difficult to blame Brown for his behaviour, if you allow a child to do what they want for several years, why would they change?

I like him, but stuff like this is pathetic - and as someone else says, Sportscene etc would be all over this if it was Morelos.

It's almost as it there's an agenda at play..... Almost..

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

Agree with most your points but regarding Ajax we dont have the same budget. Whilst our wage bill may be similar they ran at a 30 million player trading deficit this season whilst we ran at a 15 million surplus.  

They've run a 400 million surplus the last 8 years, how does that compare to Celtic?

6 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Two years left on his contract, and he's just bumped his price up by a couple of hundred grand.

Hopefully if bids come in he's not sold on the cheap. I suspect Bogdan won't be back and will take a more lucrative contract than we could afford. Will be gutted if both of them go in summer.

5 hours ago, Kuro said:

They've run a 400 million surplus the last 8 years, how does that compare to Celtic?

As in player trading? According to transfermarkt* its nowhere near that, its 120 million. They also haven't won the Eredivisie for 5 years.
They have splashed the cash this season though (by their relative terms) and it is proven to be working for them with being champions league contenders and currently top of the league.

* I know it’s shite but its a rough guide

Edited by gannonball

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

As in player trading? According to transfermarkt* its nowhere near that, its 120 million. They also haven't won the Eredivisie for 5 years.
They have splashed the cash this season though (by their relative terms) and it is proven to be working for them with being champions league contenders and currently top of the league.

* I know it’s shite but its a rough guide

You mean their transfer spend and wages are lower than Celtics but they're much better than Celtic yeah? Kind of puts brendas moaning about money every time they got a chasing in the CL perspective.

20 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Two years left on his contract, and he's just bumped his price up by a couple of hundred grand.

Marciano wouldn't get  a work permit in England, because Israel are mince and he doesn't play that often for them anyway.

If he wants to go there he would have to do his five years with Hibs (one year loan + the four years of his contract), then get a UK passport on residency grounds. Like Efe.

8 hours ago, Kuro said:

You mean their transfer spend and wages are lower than Celtics but they're much better than Celtic yeah? Kind of puts brendas moaning about money every time they got a chasing in the CL perspective.

Again, no, if you wish to choose Brendans record now instead they have a significant defecit over past 3 season on player transfers whilst we are running at a decent surplus.

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Again, no, if you wish to choose Brendans record now instead they have a significant defecit over past 3 season on player transfers whilst we are running at a decent surplus.

Erm Ajax are 65 million euros in profit the last three seasons.  Using your site.  And a lower wage bill.