Hibs v Celtc, Easter Sunday

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

You're lucky to have him. Such disrespect. Hope you get relegated. Etc. Et fucking c.

Lennon I think is a good manager. And weirdly I think he'd actually do better in Europe with you than Rodgers did. But he's got f**k loads of faults too. He plays to the opposition a lot. If you've got better players then you should have a system which beats them. Stuff gets in his head where he's lost games and he's convinced his next change will fix it. He loves matching up to opposition strengths and trying to negate them.

Celtic being more reactive would probably be a good thing for you in Europe imo. Rodgers sent his players out for rodgering all the time. You're no Ajax (despite the same budget) who can dictate what happens in a game. Domestically it will be annoying as f**k but.

I felt Rodgers flaw in Europe was his unwillingness to change things (like you mention) and whilst he led us to our heaviest European defeat along with our heaviest home defeat, he brought about European football after Christmas two seasons in a row and has more away Champions League points than every other Celtic manager combined and I'm not sure Lennon would improve that in this day and age.  Not to mention we were also on the receiving end of some hammerings when Lennon was in charge. 

Domestically, I don't see Lennon having the same impact Rodgers had on the team which sees us on the verge of a treble of trebles.  He'd certainly not be the worst candidate but I believe naming him permanent boss would be a step back. 

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

The fact he goes down "injured" is fucking embarrassing

What's more embarrassing is Nick Walsh looking straight at it and doing f**k all. 

Mind you, he was the only one in the stadium who thought Lustig was actually injured in the other incident.

Can this pair be pulled up for feigning injury post match?

Edited by Green Day

1 hour ago, TheCelt67 said:

Domestically, I don't see Lennon having the same impact Rodgers had on the team which sees us on the verge of a treble of trebles.  He'd certainly not be the worst candidate but I believe naming him permanent boss would be a step back. 

I find this a bit baffling it's the same players coming to end of a long season.
Judging Neil Lennon over a handful of games is very harsh any manager coming into Celtic would be judged on previous achievements.
It could be argued this squad of players are mainly  Neil Lennon or Ronny's players and just came of age under Rodgers.
Brendan Rodgers couldn't find better players to replace the ones already there.
For me Neil Lennon has nothing to prove.  

3 hours ago, VanCityHibee said:

Celtc haven't won at ER in 5 yrs ( in the league)?

Thats quite incredible.

On to next week, a bouncing ER a goal for Omeonga and 3pts please Santa!!!

That would be impressive, but 3 years of that is because Hibs rather hilariously got relegated.

Edited by gannonball

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That would be impressive, but 3 years of that is because Hibs rather hilariously got relegated.

And in that time you still didn't beat us at ER... riddy for you

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I find this a bit baffling it's the same players coming to end of a long season.
Judging Neil Lennon over a handful of games is very harsh any manager coming into Celtic would be judged on previous achievements.
It could be argued this squad of players are mainly  Neil Lennon or Ronny's players and just came of age under Rodgers.
Brendan Rodgers couldn't find better players to replace the ones already there.
For me Neil Lennon has nothing to prove.  

I'm judging Lennon over a handful of games and his previous time at the club.  I do not believe he's the right man for the job. 

Big Daz telling Lhenny to f**k off after his wee tantrum over that glorious Mallan tackle on Lustig was lovely, btw.

When Lennon was at Hibs i tolerated it. He gave us some fantastic moments along with some utterly dreadful ones. Now he’s back at Celtc I am very pleased that I can get on with despising him again.

Edited by Zing.

14 hours ago, Lebowski said:

You're lucky to have him. Such disrespect. Hope you get relegated. Etc. Et fucking c.

Lennon I think is a good manager. And weirdly I think he'd actually do better in Europe with you than Rodgers did. But he's got f**k loads of faults too. He plays to the opposition a lot. If you've got better players then you should have a system which beats them. Stuff gets in his head where he's lost games and he's convinced his next change will fix it. He loves matching up to opposition strengths and trying to negate them.

Celtic being more reactive would probably be a good thing for you in Europe imo. Rodgers sent his players out for rodgering all the time. You're no Ajax (despite the same budget) who can dictate what happens in a game. Domestically it will be annoying as f**k but.

I'm all on board with pretending this will be right if it means Lennon remains in charge. He's absolutely fucking useless as a manager and Celtic are winning games in spite of him, rather than because of him. 

They'll end then season about 5 points ahead of Rangers at this rate.

12 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Bit of a shame that Scott Brown sacked off all that footballing ability and potential he had at Hibs to become a snide cheat, isn't it?  M6.png.89812f4d05eab149c5b100f104336c95.png

Brown.gif.13b7c78792af59ff0b87f20d4a923555.gif

A pathetic dive, that would see any other player in the country given a retrospective ban.

Did Sportscene highlight it? 

They once spent two minutes discussing MacLean celebrating a goal, which led to a ban.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A pathetic dive, that would see any other player in the country given a retrospective ban.

Did Sportscene highlight it? 

They once spent two minutes discussing MacLean celebrating a goal, which led to a ban.

Nope - thing is, I am in the west upper, closer to the other end and it was a clear dive. Play had raged on for a bit, but I was stunned that Walsh didnt then pull Brown up for it and give him a yellow.

TBH, its difficult to blame Brown for his behaviour, if you allow a child to do what they want for several years, why would they change?

I like him, but stuff like this is pathetic - and as someone else says, Sportscene etc would be all over this if it was Morelos.

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Nope

A massive, massive surprise. Considering they showed clear footage, from multiple angles, of him stamping down on a St Mirren players chest and claimed it was "accidental", they probably purposely left the dive out.

Sooner Sportscene fucks off the better.

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Nope - thing is, I am in the west upper, closer to the other end and it was a clear dive. Play had raged on for a bit, but I was stunned that Walsh didnt then pull Brown up for it and give him a yellow.

TBH, its difficult to blame Brown for his behaviour, if you allow a child to do what they want for several years, why would they change?

I like him, but stuff like this is pathetic - and as someone else says, Sportscene etc would be all over this if it was Morelos.

No mention of hayes one either