Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sooky

Best Place to Live in Scotland

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Reading that £1 billion has been/is being spent rejuvenating Dundee. Now I won’t ever discourage investment to revitalise somewhere, but having so much being focused in one area while there’s countless towns and villages across the country dying on their arses with next to no investment doesn’t add up.

Should have picked Rigside on condition that the community council got full control of the funds, just to see what the 'Mickey Carroll of places' would look like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

 but having so much being focused in one area while there’s countless towns and villages across the country dying on their arses with next to no investment doesn’t add up.

Because there's a lot more profit to made from puting the cash there compared to other places that aren't suddenly getting listed as a cool place to be and it'll still be pretty cheap and easy to develop upon.

Edited by Boostin' Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dundee is shite. 

"Rejuvenated waterfront" = a poxy wee museum, a Beefeater/Premier Inn and a dreadful-looking budget hotel on top of the station entrance. 

You can see everything worth seeing in Dundee (Dundee Law and the Lemmings statue) in the space of a couple of hours. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The small towns directly across the tay from Dundee are the best places to stay. Go to Dundee when we need to easily for the good facilities but not have to actually live their.
Dont know where they live these days but the centre is still full of onion bhajis
 
 
Wormit loyal so I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SEETHING said:

Dundee is shite. 

"Rejuvenated waterfront" = a poxy wee museum, a Beefeater/Premier Inn and a dreadful-looking budget hotel on top of the station entrance. 

You can see everything worth seeing in Dundee (Dundee Law and the Lemmings statue) in the space of a couple of hours. 

 

Never heard of the Lemmings statue before, that's pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MeadowArab said:
16 hours ago, superbigal said:
The small towns directly across the tay from Dundee are the best places to stay. Go to Dundee when we need to easily for the good facilities but not have to actually live their.
Dont know where they live these days but the centre is still full of onion bhajis
 
 

Wormit loyal so I am.

I've actually been through it and it's a nice enough wee place, but it's one of those ones where the very name puts you off (cf. Nitshill, Spittal etc.)

Wormit should be what you do to a  dug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't live in the borders, I'd spend all my time giving strangers the evil eye based on the above average chance they were Tories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Couldn't live in the borders, I'd spend all my time giving strangers the evil eye based on the absolute certainty they were Tories.

Same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dundee is shite. 
"Rejuvenated waterfront" = a poxy wee museum, a Beefeater/Premier Inn and a dreadful-looking budget hotel on top of the station entrance. 
You can see everything worth seeing in Dundee (Dundee Law and the Lemmings statue) in the space of a couple of hours. 
 
Can tell you travel just up the kingsway lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Couldn't live in the borders, I'd spend all my time giving strangers the evil eye based on the above average chance they were Tories.

I'm sure you could work out your differences with the locals at the cricket club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Couldn't live in Edinburgh, I'd spend all my time giving strangers the evil eye based on the above average chance they were Tories.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I'm sure you could work out your differences with the locals at the cricket club. 

There's actually a cricket club near me but it's a good one made up mostly of Pakistanis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...