Best Place to Live in Scotland

Sooky

I really love Dundee but that is based almost entirely around the reading rooms, that place allowed Dundee to shine and made it somewhere to go for an amazing night out in a way you never would to Aberdeen or Stirling. Dundee loses a lot if that place shuts down and shame on the council and coppers who presumably are behind it and who should be trying to preserve the jewel in the cultural crown.

The waterfront plans are impressive but I hope the finished thing integrates as well as they hope. Seems too car centric but you csnt move the tay bridge. The V & A looks cool but having been at a seminar in there it's just two big expensive coffee shops for posher old people.

9 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
On 4/14/2019 at 21:04, SEETHING said:
Dundee is shite. 
"Rejuvenated waterfront" = a poxy wee museum, a Beefeater/Premier Inn and a dreadful-looking budget hotel on top of the station entrance. 
You can see everything worth seeing in Dundee (Dundee Law and the Lemmings statue) in the space of a couple of hours. 

Can tell you travel just up the kingsway lol

I worked in an office on said rejuvenated waterfront for three years m80. 

I think I'm lucky to have be brought up in Aberdour, pretty much down hill from there. We are pretty luckily in general in Scotland I've spent the last week in London and it's an utter hole once you leave the center 

6 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I think I'm lucky to have be brought up in Aberdour, pretty much down hill from there. We are pretty luckily in general in Scotland I've spent the last week in London and it's an utter hole once you leave the center 

Don't talk shite. Where do you draw the line where central would stop?  There's some lovely areas. Like any big city there's bad parts, the secret is not to go to them.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Don't talk shite. Where do you draw the line where central would stop?  There's some lovely areas. Like any big city there's bad parts, the secret is not to go to them.

Apologies Sarge I had a few cans to many I'm near Wembley and all round here (within 5 tube stops) is a hole.  

Guest Bob Mahelp

I like what's happened with Dundee, but even with the re-generation of the waterfront it's still got a ways to go. Back in the days Reform St. used to be the place to shop, but in recent years it's just filled up with takeaways and empty units.  That's an area that could do with investment.

However, Dundee's not unique in needing city centre re-generation. Most Scottish towns and cities have High Streets that are dying....it's a pity.

Still, Dundee still has got some cracking boozers....whenever I visit mates and go out in the city centre these days I'm always suprised what a good night is to be had.

And it's still got the Arctic. Great pub :lol:

If I could live anywhere in Scotland it'd be an east neuk of fife village. Crail, Anstruther, somewhere like that.

Have you ever actually spent any time in the east Neuk? It’s filled with inbred arseholes who don’t like “incomers”. Strange strange place.

On 15/04/2019 at 23:59, ICTJohnboy said:

"O wad some Power the giftie gie us To see oursels as ithers see us.

Scotland is beautiful.

Amazed that he watched an Orange walk and didn't put in a shock that some scottish people obsess over Irish politics. Maybe he expected it. Glad to hear that he loved our pies

Edited by Adam101

On 15/04/2019 at 23:59, ICTJohnboy said:

Scotland is beautiful.

You got to this bit, right?  :unsure:

https://youtu.be/tGF3FyE6cPc?t=709

Which bit will I use for showing that shops close early?

Oh yeah, the orange march.

Few Weegies survive more than a year in an East Neuk village without being hounded out, usually sent back to some caravan park or Glenrothes where the second generation Weegies tolerate them to a certain degree (not the third generation though).  Probably justified tbf. 

On 4/15/2019 at 23:59, ICTJohnboy said:

Scotland is beautiful.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

You got to this bit, right?  :unsure:

https://youtu.be/tGF3FyE6cPc?t=709

Indeed.  "Old but it is beautiful" would have been more accurate.

On 4/16/2019 at 00:03, Adam101 said:

Aberdour is a cracking village, was the team I played for as a youth so spent allot of time there. 

Best place to live is probably pretty subjective to what age you are and what you want.