Best Place to Live in Scotland

Sooky

Dundee is shite. 

"Rejuvenated waterfront" = a poxy wee museum, a Beefeater/Premier Inn and a dreadful-looking budget hotel on top of the station entrance. 

You can see everything worth seeing in Dundee (Dundee Law and the Lemmings statue) in the space of a couple of hours. 

The small towns directly across the tay from Dundee are the best places to stay. Go to Dundee when we need to easily for the good facilities but not have to actually live their.
Dont know where they live these days but the centre is still full of onion bhajis

Wormit loyal so I am.

14 hours ago, SEETHING said:

Dundee is shite. 

"Rejuvenated waterfront" = a poxy wee museum, a Beefeater/Premier Inn and a dreadful-looking budget hotel on top of the station entrance. 

You can see everything worth seeing in Dundee (Dundee Law and the Lemmings statue) in the space of a couple of hours. 

Never heard of the Lemmings statue before, that's pretty cool.

12 hours ago, MeadowArab said:
16 hours ago, superbigal said:
The small towns directly across the tay from Dundee are the best places to stay. Go to Dundee when we need to easily for the good facilities but not have to actually live their.
Dont know where they live these days but the centre is still full of onion bhajis

Wormit loyal so I am.

I've actually been through it and it's a nice enough wee place, but it's one of those ones where the very name puts you off (cf. Nitshill, Spittal etc.)

Wormit should be what you do to a  dug.

18 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Couldn't live in the borders, I'd spend all my time giving strangers the evil eye based on the absolute certainty they were Tories.

Same.

36 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Couldn't live in the borders, I'd spend all my time giving strangers the evil eye based on the above average chance they were Tories.

I'm sure you could work out your differences with the locals at the cricket club. 

In response to the question from the OP. Yes I live in one of the top 10 as set out in that list.

I’m not sure Dundee will ever get over the prejudices associated with it though, that’s the problem. While generations have opinions built from older family members, etc.

Either way I love where I live and wouldn’t change it for the world. Mainly cause I’m not old and want to live in the middle of nowhere. I can appreciate a 15 minute walk to city centre to work as well this avoiding public transport.

I've actually been through it and it's a nice enough wee place, but it's one of those ones where the very name puts you off (cf. Nitshill, Spittal etc.)
Wormit should be what you do to a  dug.
I agree, but thats why I like the name. It makes it sound unappealing, which helps it fly under the radar a wee bit. It's actually quite posh, once you see the houses that aren't on the main road.

Couldn't live in the borders, I'd spend all my time giving strangers the evil eye based on the above average chance they were Tories.
When heading to Forfar on Saturday, I muttered "Tory c***s" as I drove past the welcome to Angus sign.