Best Place to Live in Scotland

Sooky

The Sunday Times have compiled a list of the best places to live in Scotland, with Dundee taking the top spot. Dundee appears to have been given top spot due to its “transformation from run-down industrial relic to vibrant creative hub” and its low house prices. West End and Broughty Ferry get much praise, but the Sunday Times do appear to be concerned by the lack of John Lewis in the city...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dundee-best-places-to-live-r2lwq7tkx

Honourable mentions have gone to:

Leith, Edinburgh

Stockbridge, Edinburgh

Finnieston, Glasgow

Killearn, Stirling

Kilmacolm, Renfrewshire

Mull, Argyll and Bute

North Berwick, East Lothian

Port Appin, Argyll and Bute

St Boswells, Scottish Borders

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/best-places-to-live-scotland-sunday-times-033c9cwxz

Is Dundee a rightful winner?

Where is the best place to live in Scotland?

Do any P&Bers hail from the 10 best places to live?

Can a place truly be a good place to live if there is no John Lewis?

Mull?
Beautiful in the summer. I would be on the smack from October to May though. Same for Port Appin.
Dundee is of course the rightful winner ( well actually the Carse of Gowrie is better,rural living with Dundee amenities)

Dundee spoon burner found.

Just now, bernardblack said:

The transformation of Dundee over the last few years has been outstanding.

I still remember the old Olympia swimming pool, the old council high-block and the remnants of the tunnel going from the back of the Caird Hall/Police Annex going to the train-station. It's remarkable what's been done there, and in some other parts of the city at large. 

6 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Dundee is OK. Definitely not the best place to live in Scotland.

They have transformed the waterfront, torn down many of the multis, so improved yes, best place to live, not sure

7 hours ago, Sooky said:

The Sunday Times have compiled a list of the best places to live in Scotland, with Dundee taking the top spot. Dundee appears to have been given top spot due to its “transformation from run-down industrial relic to vibrant creative hub” and its low house prices. West End and Broughty Ferry get much praise, but the Sunday Times do appear to be concerned by the lack of John Lewis in the city...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dundee-best-places-to-live-r2lwq7tkx

Honourable mentions have gone to:

Leith, Edinburgh

Stockbridge, Edinburgh

Finnieston, Glasgow

Killearn, Stirling

Kilmacolm, Renfrewshire

Mull, Argyll and Bute

North Berwick, East Lothian

Port Appin, Argyll and Bute

St Boswells, Scottish Borders

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/best-places-to-live-scotland-sunday-times-033c9cwxz

Is Dundee a rightful winner?

Where is the best place to live in Scotland?

Do any P&Bers hail from the 10 best places to live?

Can a place truly be a good place to live if there is no John Lewis?

Dundee? Maybe. Nice swimming pool. V&A is just a tease; a vast cavern with not much in it. It’s alright.

I want to live for a year in Assynt, as I like this place most. I’d imagine the winters could be cold, wet and bleak, like they are in the rest of Scotland, just with less going on.

Castle Stalker is probably a bit cold in the winter. I’ve never been there and until this article i’d never heard of Port Appin.

I shop online. They only have stores in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and the weeg. John Lewis is anywhere you have the Internet. I don’t shop at John Lewis anyway.