• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Sooky

Best Place to Live in Scotland

The Sunday Times have compiled a list of the best places to live in Scotland, with Dundee taking the top spot. Dundee appears to have been given top spot due to its “transformation from run-down industrial relic to vibrant creative hub” and its low house prices. West End and Broughty Ferry get much praise, but the Sunday Times do appear to be concerned by the lack of John Lewis in the city...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dundee-best-places-to-live-r2lwq7tkx

Honourable mentions have gone to:

Leith, Edinburgh

Stockbridge, Edinburgh

Finnieston, Glasgow

Killearn, Stirling

Kilmacolm, Renfrewshire

Mull, Argyll and Bute

North Berwick, East Lothian

Port Appin, Argyll and Bute

St Boswells, Scottish Borders

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/best-places-to-live-scotland-sunday-times-033c9cwxz

Is Dundee a rightful winner?

Where is the best place to live in Scotland?

Do any P&Bers hail from the 10 best places to live?

Can a place truly be a good place to live if there is no John Lewis?

Being close to GGG brothers is obviously a good thing but other than that what is good about living in Finnieston unless you are a student? I doubt the Times in England is about to proclaim Shoreditch high street one of the top places to live.

Port Appin??? There's about 5 houses there. This sounds like some bullshitting journo has stayed in one of the posh hotels and decided it was a great place to live.

Mull?

Beautiful in the summer. I would be on the smack from October to May though. Same for Port Appin.

Dundee is of course the rightful winner ( well actually the Carse of Gowrie is better,rural living with Dundee amenities)

Mull?
Beautiful in the summer. I would be on the smack from October to May though. Same for Port Appin.
Dundee is of course the rightful winner ( well actually the Carse of Gowrie is better,rural living with Dundee amenities)

Dundee spoon burner found.

4 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Dundee spoon burner found.

Silver spoons though. A certain level of class that sets the Carse apart from the rest. 

If I could live anywhere in Scotland it'd be an east neuk of fife village. Crail, Anstruther, somewhere like that.

34 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

If I could live anywhere in Scotland it'd be an east neuk of fife village. Crail, Anstruther, somewhere like that.

Are you 60?

Are you 60?

I can't afford to buy a house there so clearly not.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

I can't afford to buy a house there so clearly not.

Rock up to Riverside Drive and get a flat over-looking the silvery tay. Only sets you back £1000 pcm. 

:unsure2:

Just now, bernardblack said:

The transformation of Dundee over the last few years has been outstanding.

I still remember the old Olympia swimming pool, the old council high-block and the remnants of the tunnel going from the back of the Caird Hall/Police Annex going to the train-station. It's remarkable what's been done there, and in some other parts of the city at large. 

7 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

It could only really get better tbh.

11 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Did the yanks send over a flight of B52s?