2019 Scottish Cup Final - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

Elixir

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Phase 1 - 20 loyalty points which is what you get for a season ticket although you can accrue that without having a season ticket.

Phase 2 -  if you went to the semi

Phase 3 - about 1,000 left which went on sale today which was basically a free for all as long as you had a buying history in the last couple of years with Hearts

Should be a sell out at least.  I was initially a bit worried.

I bought in phase 3 today. Piece of piss. 

I have never gave less of a f**k about a final before.  Celtic aren't even anything special yet i'm struggling badly to envision a scenario where we dig out enough of a performance to get anything.  I'm sure I'll be buzzing the few days before it, but right now it's hard to muster any enthusiasm.

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I have never gave less of a f**k about a final before.  Celtic aren't even anything special yet i'm struggling badly to envision a scenario where we dig out enough of a performance to get anything.  I'm sure I'll be buzzing the few days before it, but right now it's hard to muster any enthusiasm.

I'm trying to think of a scenario where we can win this but I am unable to. Hopefully the whole Celtic team get the flu or something.

6 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

I'm trying to think of a scenario where we can win this but I am unable to. Hopefully the whole Celtic team get the flu or something.

Penalty and straight red card for someone in the first 10 minutes and then a backs to the wall performance.

It could be a strange atmosphere on the day. 

Celtic fans strolling up expecting a comfortable win, Hearts fans expecting a pumping, and both sets of supporters not really wanting the manager they've got.

I daresay once I've chucked down a few pints I'll be up for it but the enthusiasm isn't there just now - and I think we've got a decent chance of shitfesting a win on penalties.

11 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I actually forgot I was going to it. 

I was thinking thank f**k that's the season finished for me. Then I remembered and thought 'oh shite'.

14 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I've noticed a slight upsurge in positivity after celtic lost to rangers last weekend, but I just cannae see it - big difference between rangers beating celtic and us somehow managing to get our shit in shape - I just don't see it happening. 

5 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

How good or shite has Ryan Edwards been recently? Is it likely that Levein will pick him for the final? 

I've quite liked Edward's hustle, tbh - he can't do much with the ball, but we won't have much of it anyway - we'll need players to press, and Edwards has loads of energy.

Lee is fucked for the final, and Clare is a ghost - Edwards has a chance of starting the final - Bozanic is a similar player in that he's busy and doesn't hide - he gets on the ball more than Edwards, but doesn't do a lot with it - Bozanic often takes set pieces as well, mind. 

Edited by paranoid android

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

I've quite liked Edward's hustle, tbh - he can't do much with the ball, but we won't have much of it anyway - we'll need players to press, and Edwards has loads of energy.

Lee is fucked for the final, and Clare is a ghost - Edwards has a chance of starting the final - Bozanic is a similar player in that he's busy and doesn't hide - he gets on the ball more than Edwards, but doesn't do a lot with it - Bozanic often takes set pieces as well, mind. 

I expect that will be Levein's thinking too. Cowie was shite with the ball but he was put up the pitch in the 4 - 0 game to chase down Celtic's defenders and it worked. 

5 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I've got a couple of comps so I will take my boy to his first final.  Not going to tell him until morning of the game.

Poor lad.

Abusive parents thread for this pish