Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Northfield 53

Queens v Dunfermline

Recommended Posts

Saturday was the first time I saw a decent amount of fans turning on Faiss. Earlier in the season he couldn't find his arse with a map but at least did some positive things. Against Falkirk he was utterly brutal and had some cheek to look upset at being taken off.

I don't rate Ashcroft and Devine very highly - individually or as a partnership - but the the lack of quality and creativity further up the pitch has been the biggest negative this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fais of this year would be a contender for our worst ever XI for many folk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Fais of this year would be a contender for our worst ever XI for many folk.
Worse than Gavin Reilly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:
The Fais of this year would be a contender for our worst ever XI for many folk.

Worse than Gavin Reilly.

It would be a very close thing between the two 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The Fais of this year would be a contender for our worst ever XI for many folk.

The Faiss of Saturday would give Jamie Mole a real fright tbf.

His scoring record is absolutely terrible this season but I don't think he's played terribly all year. We certainly need a big improvement up front next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fais is good on the ball technically and he certainly puts a shift in but his footballing brain and decision making is awful and just not up to standard for the championship. I really dont know where he goes after this, could be a great signing for league one where he might get more space to run at defenders. To be fair to him the service has been non existent and he usually drops deep looking for the ball which can often end up with him trying to do it all himself. I really can’t think of many games where he was played in and ran through 1vs1. Anderson seems to be able to do it despite being worse on the ball so as I said it’s probably down to football coaching and not playing eleven a side from an early age?

Genuinely gutted it didn’t work out there will always be part of me wondering what if he had stayed with us in the first season up. Moffat Fais and Clark would have been excellent. Not sure if Clark would have come if Fais signed? Also you have to ask the question, Faissal goal machine, Shankland goal machine both played beside Moffat. Coincidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naysmith wanting the fans to give the lads all the support we can next week. How about you give us something to shout about instead! 1 win in f**k knows how many games. Tragic.


Did you go to Alloa last week? We set up offensively, and had 4 or 5 genuine goal scoring opportunities that we should have put away. None of that can be blamed on Naysmith, rather Dykes’ finishing ability, or lack of it.

You can’t blame our strikers’ lack of finishing ability on Naysmith.

Morton was the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicky Low is likely to be one of the subs tomorrow having not played since getting injured during the Aberdeen cup game.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Nicky Low is likely to be one of the subs tomorrow having not played since getting injured during the Aberdeen cup game.. 

Don’t think he played against Aberdeen in the cup when he was with Dundee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Fais is good on the ball technically and he certainly puts a shift in but his footballing brain and decision making is awful and just not up to standard for the championship. I really dont know where he goes after this, could be a great signing for league one where he might get more space to run at defenders. To be fair to him the service has been non existent and he usually drops deep looking for the ball which can often end up with him trying to do it all himself. I really can’t think of many games where he was played in and ran through 1vs1. Anderson seems to be able to do it despite being worse on the ball so as I said it’s probably down to football coaching and not playing eleven a side from an early age?

Genuinely gutted it didn’t work out there will always be part of me wondering what if he had stayed with us in the first season up. Moffat Fais and Clark would have been excellent. Not sure if Clark would have come if Fais signed? Also you have to ask the question, Faissal goal machine, Shankland goal machine both played beside Moffat. Coincidence?

El Bak had his worst traits reeled in for the most part first time around. He didn't try silly 25/30 efforts all the time. 

Now he tries shit like that far too often, and his general decision making is very poor now.

He doesn't seem to be making the same sort of runs as he did before, both on and off the ball. His confidence seems shot as well.

He's nowhere near the same player he was previously. That guy would have scored a decent amount in this league.

He's done. Very sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
The Fais of this year would be a contender for our worst ever XI for many folk.

Worse than Gavin Reilly.

Not that bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Crawford plans on changing it up a bit for tomorrows game.

Fully expect Williamson to come in at right back. Craigen to move into midfield and Blair to drop out.  Connolly/ Louis will come in and El Bak never to be seen again.  Durnan to replace Devine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Did you go to Alloa last week? We set up offensively, and had 4 or 5 genuine goal scoring opportunities that we should have put away. None of that can be blamed on Naysmith, rather Dykes’ finishing ability, or lack of it.

You can’t blame our strikers’ lack of finishing ability on Naysmith.

Morton was the same.
We certainly took the game to Alloa and could have had a couple of goals. I do agree Naysmith can't do anything about the finishing. What annoys/annoyed me is Naysmith's predictability. Alloa got a corner shortly before there goal (don't think it was the goal one) and I commented that if they scored from this I could guarantee Aird would be on within 5 minutes. Sure enough that's exactly what happened when the goal did come. He then brings on another attacking player for a defensive one with minutes to go. Point being, even though we were a bit more attacking against Alloa why did he yet again wait until we were behind to go more offensive. We're at the stage now where it's not draws we need it's wins. IMO a draw tomorrow isn't good enough and therefore I'd rather he gambled earlier in the game even if it's 0-0. Not wait until we're behind before he 'goes for it'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict Murihead will score a goal or two before the end of the season and this will lead to some fool claiming we should keep him for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I predict Murihead will score a goal or two before the end of the season and this will lead to some fool claiming we should keep him for next season.

More chance of VirginTon scoring, to be fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×