Queens v Dunfermline

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The performances haven’t tailed that much; we haven’t played well in months and months.

We would be in no worse of a state now had we not sacked AJ IMO, which is a desperate state of affairs.

Crawford hasn’t been able to bring in his own squad, that’s true. He’s also shown absolutely nothing to suggest he should be trusted with this job in the long-term. Results are woeful, performances are unwatchable and players look seriously demotivated.

We have played well though? Not over the course of 90 minutes but we've played well and competed in most games, today was the first game in months in months where we didn't play well at all. 

Against Falkirk we should've won, we created plenty of chances but just never ended up finishing them, Blair scores his penalty, one of the chances go inside the post then we'd quite rightfully be looking at the performance differently. Against County we played very, very good. Should have been winning by about 3 at half time.  Against Partick we were again great in the first half and really should have won by Hyppolyte but he predictably fucked it. 

If we still had AJ we'd be going down. Those performances there were over and above the dross that AJ was serving up this season even though the results weren't great, we aren't a million miles away and with some fine tuning and small differences we'd be there. 

Genuinely how many games do you watch? 

Why do Dunfermline consistently hire shite inexperianced managers?

Erm we don't.

Jury still out on Crawford.

Fair enough on potter.

You could argue kenny was inexperienced to Scottish football but had a few years in Ireland before he came.

Before that Munro? It's hardly a long list in 30 years

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

We have played well though? Not over the course of 90 minutes but we've played well and competed in most games, today was the first game in months in months where we didn't play well at all. 

Against Falkirk we should've won, we created plenty of chances but just never ended up finishing them, Blair scores his penalty, one of the chances go inside the post then we'd quite rightfully be looking at the performance differently. Against County we played very, very good. Should have been winning by about 3 at half time.  Against Partick we were again great in the first half and really should have won by Hyppolyte but he predictably fucked it. 

If we still had AJ we'd be going down. Those performances there were over and above the dross that AJ was serving up this season even though the results weren't great, we aren't a million miles away and with some fine tuning and small differences we'd be there. 

We played well at Alloa.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Erm we don't.

Fair enough on potter.

You could argue kenny was inexperienced to Scottish football but had a few years in Ireland before he came.

McIntyre. But aye, odd comment from the poster.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Erm we don't.

Fair enough on potter.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We played well at Alloa.

McIntyre. But aye, odd comment from the poster.

That Cicero character is a total oddball, just spouts utter nonsense all the time. Best to ignore anything he posts.

14 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I think we really miss Joe Thomson. Leads by example in midfield.

Looking at guys who will put a shift in next week and scratching my head.  We are going to rely on other results to stay up I fear.

I’m sure I’ve heard Queens support saying they appreciated more what Thomson brought when he wasnt playing.  

Well, the weather and the bar in the ground were good. As was the chips and curry sauce.

A very poor afternoon otherwise from a Dunfermline point of view. There wasn't much happening in the game during the first half, but Queens were the ones looking like they might score, which they duly did. A disappointing goal to concede but the second one was worse. That was the contest done and I can't recall their keeper needing to make a serious save.

Too many of our team looked like they were in holiday mode. We were out-run, out-tackled and out-fought, particularly in the second half, and Queens very much deserved to win.

Our team need to find something from somewhere for the Morton game next week.

How many games do you watch? We were fucking shite against a Falkirk side that showed absolutely nothing. Even if we’d won that game, it wouldn’t have made the performance any better.

Having watched the Ayr game, the United game and the Falkirk game, all I saw was poor players with no clear idea of what it is they were even aiming to do. Just like earlier in the season, we look utterly lost whenever we go behind.

A good half or less is not “playing well” unless your standards are surprisingly low. We played well at times under AJ too but bit-part displays are of absolutely no use.

Only folk I see backing Crawford are people who either know him and his family personally or are total Dot Net hardliners, who would back any manager irregardless of form or performance. Happy for you if you’re feeling positive about Crawford but I think you’re in a rapidly decreasing minority.

Crawford can only piss with the cock he's got. He wasn't the one the who recruited that shite in the Summer.

Falkirk said that with Hartley last season and he went on to put together their worst squad ever.

With McNamara seemingly helping with recruitment - and the Board making it clear with the Crawford appointment that they’re cutting costs - I guess it’s just going to be a case of making sure we can compete next season.

I’m sure I’ve heard Queens support saying they appreciated more what Thomson brought when he wasnt playing.  
Not sure where. I think 99% of our support would take Thomson back in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Freddie said:

I think our support appreciated Joe Thomson enormously when he WAS playing. Terrific midfielder and one we were very disappointed not to get in the summer. To be honest I thought he might have got a premiership team when he left Celtic.

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think our support appreciated Joe Thomson enormously when he WAS playing. Terrific midfielder and one we were very disappointed not to get in the summer. To be honest I thought he might have got a premiership team when he left Celtic.

This.

Thomson was excellent for us. 

He'd have made a huge difference to us this season if we'd got him in the summer.

On Joe Thomson, I'm really worried (not just from a Pars point of view) that this injury will massively affect his career. Horrible injury to get and looks like an even harder one to recover from.

I really hope that's not the case, as he's a cracking player at this level and seems like a decent guy.

On 4/20/2019 at 09:45, invergowrie arab said:

I thought I had cracked it but turns out, as mentioned above, whatever theory you come up with there is screeds written about it already by someone else.

I'll spoiler it as some folk don't even like to read theories

Hide contents

The Night King is the Mad King. I don't know how that transformation happened but when the Carstark boy was burnt the other night it finally clicked with me that that spiral WW symbol is very similar to a Targaryan dragon. The Night King can fly a dragon and also explains why he is marching south when the WW never seemed bothered before about coming south.

It's interesting in all the flashbacks you never see the face of the mad king.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

How many games do you watch? We were fucking shite against a Falkirk side that showed absolutely nothing. Even if we’d won that game, it wouldn’t have made the performance any better.

Having watched the Ayr game, the United game and the Falkirk game, all I saw was poor players with no clear idea of what it is they were even aiming to do. Just like earlier in the season, we look utterly lost whenever we go behind.

A good half or less is not “playing well” unless your standards are surprisingly low. We played well at times under AJ too but bit-part displays are of absolutely no use.

Only folk I see backing Crawford are people who either know him and his family personally or are total Dot Net hardliners, who would back any manager irregardless of form or performance. Happy for you if you’re feeling positive about Crawford but I think you’re in a rapidly decreasing minority.

Ah I see, you've watched 3 games over the past few months and taken it for granted that's how we've played in every game. We played fine against Falkirk by Scottish second tier standards, limited them to f**k all chances bar one, created a ton. The only thing missing from that performance was our players complete inability to finish the multiple chances we created. 

Playing well is playing well, we've played well at many points over the last few months. Again, you wouldn't know that if you've not been watching games? By all means criticise results but I genuinely fail to see how you can criticise performances in games you haven't seen. 

14 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think Crawford is a really nice guy, I think he’s trying hard and he was an excellent striker for us 15-20 years ago 

This might be the most depressing thing I've read on here for a while, seems like not that long ago. Same length of time the other way around and I'll be ~55. :(

At least my short time on Earth coincided with the death of Rangers and the Chronicles of the Banter Years thread. 

52 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Falkirk said that with Hartley last season and he went on to put together their worst squad ever.

With McNamara seemingly helping with recruitment - and the Board making it clear with the Crawford appointment that they’re cutting costs - I guess it’s just going to be a case of making sure we can compete next season.

And St Mirren said it with Jack Ross when he initially took over, I'm not saying Crawford is Jack Ross, but likewise you've got absolutely nothing to base the Hartley comparison over. 

You can guess all you want but the aim next season, as it will be every season while we're in the championship, will be to challenge for promotion, Crawford willbe judged against that.