Queens v Dunfermline

Based on what? Other than scraping a few wins and getting Bruce Anderson on loan I can’t think of a single positive.

The results are woeful, the performances are even worse and the man seems wildly out of his depth.

Agreed, get Crawford punted and bring a proper manager in.

So with your scenario, (assuming Partick collect 4 points, and assuming Queens lose to County), it's going to be Queens in 8th place on goal difference if they win on the last day? 
Exciting stuff. 
See the Relegation thread, but pretty much yeah.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Ayr 1-2 Thistle

County 1-1 Queens
Pars 0-2 Morton
United 1-2 Falkirk
Alloa 1-0 Inverness
Thistle 3-1 Ayr

Inverness 3-0 Pars
Falkirk 2-1 Ross County
Ayr 1-1 Alloa
Queens 2-1 Thistle
Morton 1-1 United

Morton 44 pts
Thistle 43 pts
Queens 42 pts
Alloa 42 pts
Falkirk 41pts
Pars 41pts

Of course theoretically possible. You win a decent sum if such a bet came in though.

Well that was pretty comfortable, albeit with Queens you never really relax until the final whistle. 

Wilson played like a man possessed, really good for a loan player. Connor Murray was also inspired, Doyle was totally committed. We scored two goals,  without Dobbs.

Irritating to lose that very late goal, did someone come off the back post?

I think a win in either of our two final games means we’re safe. For the nerves, just beat County and let us all enjoy the final game v Thistle.....

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Playing Inverness on the last day of the season when they have the playoffs a few days later, can see them resting a few players. 

I'm still pretty content to give Crawford the summer tbh. 

giphy.gif.04e30599446f3f802e311fa23f5419a3.gif

Well that was pretty comfortable, albeit with Queens you never really relax until the final whistle. 
Wilson played like a man possessed, really good for a loan player. Connor Murray was also inspired, Doyle was totally committed. We scored two goals,  without Dobbs.
Irritating to lose that very late goal, did someone come off the back post?
I think a win in either of our two final games means we’re safe. For the nerves, just beat County and let us all enjoy the final game v Thistle.....
Yeah I know it's a tired cliché but I couldn't fault their effort today. We're never going to be better than all our opponents but we should always be matching them for effort. We 'wanted it more' today and if we do go down it will be less hard to take if we go down fighting like that.

39 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Based on what? Other than scraping a few wins and getting Bruce Anderson on loan I can’t think of a single positive.

The results are woeful, the performances are even worse and the man seems wildly out of his depth.

Think it's very harsh to judge him on the mess he's inherited tbh, he came in, had a very tough opening set of fixtures, won 5 on the trot, dropped out of playoff contention and with nothing to play our performances have tailed. 

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I seriously wish people would stop saying we've nothing to play for.

The set of results for us to go down would be absolutely wild, the prize money from 5th to 8th isn't great. We have nothing to play for. 

Well, I feared we wouldn't score. I know the Pars have suffered a bit of scoring blight as well. I thought it might be a crap 0-0, or 0-1. Nice to be proved wrong and see a Queens side getting stuck in. Wilson is a terrific player.  if the team show that effort and application in the last two games, they may still go down but it won't be with a whimper (that was the almost pointless 3rd quarter). This is the spell for bottom teams to pull off results v teams with their eye on other prizes - holidays in today's game and play-offs in Ayr's games, I fear. Thistle having two games against them now isn't ideal.  am trying hard not to bother about other teams and focus on our own but...

Good to see us playing with a very positive high intensity. Every player gave his all from start to finish and for once we really played as if a win was the only result that mattered.

Despite being the better side throughout we didn’t create as many chances as our play merited but both finishes were first class.

Despite not having much to do - keeper looked assured and defence seemed much more confident with him behind them. Good decision to play him.

Wilson came with a good reputation but despite looking a talented player at times that was by far his best game - driving forward, working like a Trojan to get the ball back and passing the ball well ( great strike for the goal). It is hard to single others out but Stirling also
put in some amount of work and Murray justified his selection on the day.

Need to play with same intensity at Dingwall and not drop back into defensive shell. With our rivals facing teams that have little to play for - draws will almost certainly not be enough so a win required. That has to be the objective and two similar high energy performances will give us a fighting chance.

I seriously wish people would stop saying we've nothing to play for.

Lose against Morton next week and we may have EVERYTHING to play for in the final game. Holiday mode should be deactivated for that one to make sure we have nothing to play for against ICT.

Being fifth with two games to play and dicing with relegation is the Dunfermline way...

3 hours ago, BigRubberFist said:

Brilliant result, all be it against an on-the-beach Dunfermline team.  Murray and Wilson both excellent again, and Lyndon gave it the full 30%.  Mehmet seems alright as well - he didn't concede from corners or give the fans the bird, so that was also pleasing.

One word on the unfortunate pre-match incident when the gentleman was knocked off his feet due to a wayward shot at the Portland Drive end - the non-response to this potentially serious injury from the stewards was nothing less than abysmal.  It was a head injury - thankfully, not as serious as first appeared - but the fans' appeals for medical assistance was met with complete indifference from the stewards, who chose to do hee-haw.  Eventually assistance appeared, but it was no thanks to the stewards who did flip all.  What are they doing if they're doing nothing to aid crowd safety?

That said, well done to this message board's own SD, who realised the seriousness of the situation immediately.  If only those in florescent jackets had responded in a similar manner.

Er, yes he did

I think we really miss Joe Thomson. Leads by example in midfield.
Looking at guys who will put a shift in next week and scratching my head.  We are going to rely on other results to stay up I fear.
Is beadling still out? Maybe just try and shitfest to a draw. Morton beat Falkirk easily we didn't have a clue how to play effectively against them. I hope Crawford read the riot act today. These players are a disgrace.

Think it's very harsh to judge him on the mess he's inherited tbh, he came in, had a very tough opening set of fixtures, won 5 on the trot, dropped out of playoff contention and with nothing to play our performances have tailed. 

The performances haven’t tailed that much; we haven’t played well in months and months.

We would be in no worse of a state now had we not sacked AJ IMO, which is a desperate state of affairs.

Crawford hasn’t been able to bring in his own squad, that’s true. He’s also shown absolutely nothing to suggest he should be trusted with this job in the long-term. Results are woeful, performances are unwatchable and players look seriously demotivated.

I think Crawford is a really nice guy, I think he’s trying hard and he was an excellent striker for us 15-20 years ago. But he’s not the man for the job. I thought that when it was first announced and in his 15 games, there has been nothing to change my mind. Again, I’d love to be proven wrong on this but I really feel we need to make a change.