Queens v Dunfermline

Hugely important and deserved win. Dunfermline players definitely on holiday mode. Great shift from Ian Wilson and the vital opening goal. Todd with a classy finish.

Despite our precarious position I was relatively calm throughout as we didn’t look like letting Dunfermline back into it. Thankfully they waited until 5 o’clock to get the customary goal from a corner. If that had been 5 minutes earlier we would undoubtedly have drawn the game.

I think we got the added time that should have been played the other week added onto this game.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Hugely important and deserved win. Dunfermline players definitely on holiday mode. Great shift from Ian Wilson and the vital opening goal. Todd with a classy finish.

Despite our precarious position I was relatively calm throughout as we didn’t look like letting Dunfermline back into it. Thankfully they waited until 5 o’clock to get the customary goal from a corner. If that had been 5 minutes earlier we would undoubtedly have drawn the game.

I think we got the added time that should have been played the other week added onto this game.

It was still a nerve-wracking 30 seconds.

Thank God for that.
Table still doesn't look great, but obviously better.  We could probably have done without Thistle turning it round, but we deserved the win today.
I think I'm happier Partick won rather than Alloa. A draw would probably have been ideal. I'd rather be playing Partick in the last game with it being in our hands and not relying on other results.

In a comment almost certain to bite me on the arse, I reckon Falkirk will be 10th and it's between us, Alloa and Thistle for 9th. Morton will get a point at worst against Dunfermline you'd imagine as they are rank rotten.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think I'm happier Partick won rather than Alloa. A draw would probably have been ideal. I'd rather be playing Partick in the last game with it being in our hands and not relying on other results.

In a comment almost certain to bite me on the arse, I reckon Falkirk will be 10th and it's between us, Alloa and Thistle for 9th. Morton will get a point at worst against Dunfermline you'd imagine as they are rank rotten.

Sorry, don't get that. An Alloa win would have meant Queens were 4 points clear of Partick, Partick have  a game in hand, so surely a 4 point difference is better than 1 point? 

1 minute ago, Qos91 said:

Hope the result today eased the guys sore head who got hit by the ball during warm up and clattered off the step in the terracing. Fair play for getting up and watching the rest of the game after that.

Brian is a trooper hopefully result made him feel better no real damage to him thankfully, bar a sore head tomorrow. 

Sorry, don't get that. An Alloa win would have meant Queens were 4 points clear of Partick, Partick have  a game in hand, so surely a 4 point difference is better than 1 point? 
I'd just rather have Alloa closer along with Thistle rather than one pulling away. I can't see Thistle not getting something from both Ayr games. I reckon it could be at least 4 points. If Thistle have to come to ours not needing to win, I'd be more confident strangely enough. It comes back to what was discussed elsewhere; if we only need a point in the last game we'll shit the bed.

I don't think we can predict the other results as Alloa and Thistle play sides who will surely be resting players. I reckon we will need to win our last game to stay up.

Brilliant result, all be it against an on-the-beach Dunfermline team.  Murray and Wilson both excellent again, and Lyndon gave it the full 30%.  Mehmet seems alright as well - he didn't concede from corners or give the fans the bird, so that was also pleasing.

One word on the unfortunate pre-match incident when the gentleman was knocked off his feet due to a wayward shot at the Portland Drive end - the non-response to this potentially serious injury from the stewards was nothing less than abysmal.  It was a head injury - thankfully, not as serious as first appeared - but the fans' appeals for medical assistance was met with complete indifference from the stewards, who chose to do hee-haw.  Eventually assistance appeared, but it was no thanks to the stewards who did flip all.  What are they doing if they're doing nothing to aid crowd safety?

That said, well done to this message board's own SD, who realised the seriousness of the situation immediately.  If only those in florescent jackets had responded in a similar manner.

I thought Conor Murray played quite well today, wee magician. Does anyone know how long Maguire is out for? I do not feel confident with Fordyce...
He showed glimpses of the player he looked in the under 20's. He was always played centrally and looked a decent player. I don't think he's a wide player and wouldn't be against him given a run of games in that role next season, particularly if we do go down.

Brian is a trooper hopefully result made him feel better no real damage to him thankfully, bar a sore head tomorrow. 
Good to hear. Wasnt nice to see but he took it like a boss I'll give him that. Think it gave Ian Mcgrath a fright as well but what a terrible shot [emoji23].

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd just rather have Alloa closer along with Thistle rather than one pulling away. I can't see Thistle not getting something from both Ayr games. I reckon it could be at least 4 points. If Thistle have to come to ours not needing to win, I'd be more confident strangely enough. It comes back to what was discussed elsewhere; if we only need a point in the last game we'll shit the bed.

I don't think we can predict the other results as Alloa and Thistle play sides who will surely be resting players. I reckon we will need to win our last game to stay up.

So with your scenario, (assuming Partick collect 4 points, and assuming Queens lose to County), it's going to be Queens in 8th place on goal difference if they win on the last day? 

Exciting stuff. 

Archived