Queens v Dunfermline

1 hour ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

I love Derek Lyle, but he’s not at this level anymore. Dobbie and Dykes have a better partnership than Dobbie and Lyle, hands down. Largely because Dykes can do Dobbie’s running, and is a creator, when Lyle is a poacher.

Del would be good for maybe 6/7 important goals, but at the age he is, no chance would he want to sit on the bench all season.

Given our perilous situation 6/7 important goals would have made a significant difference don't you think ?

2 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

When you aren’t blessed with a huge squad, or even a remotely big squad....

...you should make changes earlier in order to keep players as fresh as you can, especially during a run of 4 games in 2 weeks. Only using 1 sub against Falkirk and Morton was strange

Guest Flash
15 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Nicky Low is likely to be one of the subs tomorrow having not played since getting injured during the Aberdeen cup game.. 

He played v Dundee U and Alloa after the Aberdeen game. 

It's to state the obvious to say this is an important game for us, but it really, really is.

With the other endangered sides playing each other, a win would definitely see our situation improve.  The only win we've had since mid January was very helpful because without it we'd evidently enough be worse off.  On the day itself though, there was no clear benefit in that the other struggling teams all got good results too.  That can't happen tomorrow, so we've really got to go for it.

Win and our circumstances will markedly be better.  Lose or even draw though, and the noose tightens.  

The way I see it lyle was let go then Ferguson left for Annan neither were replaced with a striker in August or Jan which was as I said at the time a major fail.
Now unfortunately I can't really attend many u18 games but surely we have a young striker in the u18 squad who we could throw in see if he can make a name for himself could become a cult hero.

1 hour ago, gogs said:

Now unfortunately I can't really attend many u18 games but surely we have a young striker in the u18 squad who we could throw in see if he can make a name for himself could become a cult hero.

Don't know about u18s, but in the reserves, no, there's no-one anywhere near ready... unless you count Connor Murray who could play through the middle.

Declan Tremble has been playing and scoring on loan at Abbey Vale in the South of Scotland league but he's looked out of his depth in the reserve league.

1 hour ago, gogs said:

The way I see it lyle was let go then Ferguson left for Annan neither were replaced with a striker in August or Jan which was as I said at the time a major fail.

There doesn't appear to be any regular young reserve team players (U21's, etc)  ready to step up to the 1st team apart from Murray and a couple to fill the bench, I doubt if any of the U18 players would get anywhere near the 1st team.   

9 hours ago, gogs said:

There isn't .The only place they are ready to go is the southern counties .It really is that bad .

Given the last three times we've played at Palmerston has ended 0-0, and Queens' predicament, I'm not holding out hope for a footballing classic today. But then, we might be surprised.

Playing away from home and on the counter seems to suit us better and I wouldn't be surprised to see El Bakhtaoui drop out and maybe L Longridge return to play off Anderson. We are struggling for central midfielders with Beadling out as well.

Queens weren't that bad last time we played at East End, and surely Naysmith will set them up to have a go?

Looking forward to the day out if nothing else. In spite of the rancid football in recent trips as noted above, Palmerston is one of my favourite grounds to go to. Looking forward to a couple in the social club pre-match - probably will be needed.

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not bothering about this today so no doubt it won't be the usual 0-0 shitfest. Would like McCann to get some game time today. Todd and Vincent maybe in the centre of midfield? Maybe 0-0 will be right after all.

Todd and Vincent you say, game over.