Queens v Dunfermline

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:
The Fais of this year would be a contender for our worst ever XI for many folk.

Worse than Gavin Reilly.

It would be a very close thing between the two 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The Fais of this year would be a contender for our worst ever XI for many folk.

The Faiss of Saturday would give Jamie Mole a real fright tbf.

His scoring record is absolutely terrible this season but I don't think he's played terribly all year. We certainly need a big improvement up front next season.

Fais is good on the ball technically and he certainly puts a shift in but his footballing brain and decision making is awful and just not up to standard for the championship. I really dont know where he goes after this, could be a great signing for league one where he might get more space to run at defenders. To be fair to him the service has been non existent and he usually drops deep looking for the ball which can often end up with him trying to do it all himself. I really can’t think of many games where he was played in and ran through 1vs1. Anderson seems to be able to do it despite being worse on the ball so as I said it’s probably down to football coaching and not playing eleven a side from an early age?

Genuinely gutted it didn’t work out there will always be part of me wondering what if he had stayed with us in the first season up. Moffat Fais and Clark would have been excellent. Not sure if Clark would have come if Fais signed? Also you have to ask the question, Faissal goal machine, Shankland goal machine both played beside Moffat. Coincidence?

Naysmith wanting the fans to give the lads all the support we can next week. How about you give us something to shout about instead! 1 win in f**k knows how many games. Tragic.

Did you go to Alloa last week? We set up offensively, and had 4 or 5 genuine goal scoring opportunities that we should have put away. None of that can be blamed on Naysmith, rather Dykes’ finishing ability, or lack of it.

You can’t blame our strikers’ lack of finishing ability on Naysmith.

Morton was the same.

Guest Flash
36 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Nicky Low is likely to be one of the subs tomorrow having not played since getting injured during the Aberdeen cup game.. 

Don’t think he played against Aberdeen in the cup when he was with Dundee.

8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Fais is good on the ball technically and he certainly puts a shift in but his footballing brain and decision making is awful and just not up to standard for the championship. I really dont know where he goes after this, could be a great signing for league one where he might get more space to run at defenders. To be fair to him the service has been non existent and he usually drops deep looking for the ball which can often end up with him trying to do it all himself. I really can’t think of many games where he was played in and ran through 1vs1. Anderson seems to be able to do it despite being worse on the ball so as I said it’s probably down to football coaching and not playing eleven a side from an early age?

Genuinely gutted it didn’t work out there will always be part of me wondering what if he had stayed with us in the first season up. Moffat Fais and Clark would have been excellent. Not sure if Clark would have come if Fais signed? Also you have to ask the question, Faissal goal machine, Shankland goal machine both played beside Moffat. Coincidence?

El Bak had his worst traits reeled in for the most part first time around. He didn't try silly 25/30 efforts all the time. 

Now he tries shit like that far too often, and his general decision making is very poor now.

He doesn't seem to be making the same sort of runs as he did before, both on and off the ball. His confidence seems shot as well.

He's nowhere near the same player he was previously. That guy would have scored a decent amount in this league.

He's done. Very sad.

Sounds like Crawford plans on changing it up a bit for tomorrows game.

Fully expect Williamson to come in at right back. Craigen to move into midfield and Blair to drop out.  Connolly/ Louis will come in and El Bak never to be seen again.  Durnan to replace Devine.

Did you go to Alloa last week? We set up offensively, and had 4 or 5 genuine goal scoring opportunities that we should have put away. None of that can be blamed on Naysmith, rather Dykes’ finishing ability, or lack of it.

Morton was the same.
We certainly took the game to Alloa and could have had a couple of goals. I do agree Naysmith can't do anything about the finishing. What annoys/annoyed me is Naysmith's predictability. Alloa got a corner shortly before there goal (don't think it was the goal one) and I commented that if they scored from this I could guarantee Aird would be on within 5 minutes. Sure enough that's exactly what happened when the goal did come. He then brings on another attacking player for a defensive one with minutes to go. Point being, even though we were a bit more attacking against Alloa why did he yet again wait until we were behind to go more offensive. We're at the stage now where it's not draws we need it's wins. IMO a draw tomorrow isn't good enough and therefore I'd rather he gambled earlier in the game even if it's 0-0. Not wait until we're behind before he 'goes for it'.

14 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Morton was the same.

Manager assembles the squad.

He  got rid of an experienced, natural goalscorer which left us - Dobbie apart - with no real goal treat which we have witnessed game after game this season.

Lyle should have been retained or at the very least an adequate replacement lined up.

Naysmith has failed to do  that so therefore has culpability  for our current failings.

Lyle is a club legend but he was done. On top of that, Lyle/Dobbie partnership didn't click because neither player is the runner. He would have always been 3rd choice this season, and I agree we should have had a 3rd choice striker but I would imagine Lyle would have been on a fair amount of money by our standards. Not really worth it for a 3rd choice striker.

If he's went part-time there could also be a personal reason for it.

We've got the greatest goalscorer of a generation at the club and we are still looking at going down. I don't think we'd have been much better off with Lyle still on the books.

We certainly took the game to Alloa and could have had a couple of goals. I do agree Naysmith can't do anything about the finishing. What annoys/annoyed me is Naysmith's predictability. Alloa got a corner shortly before there goal (don't think it was the goal one) and I commented that if they scored from this I could guarantee Aird would be on within 5 minutes. Sure enough that's exactly what happened when the goal did come. He then brings on another attacking player for a defensive one with minutes to go. Point being, even though we were a bit more attacking against Alloa why did he yet again wait until we were behind to go more offensive. We're at the stage now where it's not draws we need it's wins. IMO a draw tomorrow isn't good enough and therefore I'd rather he gambled earlier in the game even if it's 0-0. Not wait until we're behind before he 'goes for it'.

I agree to an extent. Before Alloa’s goal we dominated them. If GN made a change he could have interrupted the flow and we may have lost momentum. We happened to go down (against the run of play) so it made sense to bring on Aird.

When you aren’t blessed with a huge squad, or even a remotely big squad, there isn’t that much you can change. Often enough this season the only offensive option on the bench has been Connor Murray, who’s been under-utilised I feel.

Manager assembles the squad.
He  got rid of an experienced, natural goalscorer which left us - Dobbie apart - with no real goal treat which we have witnessed game after game this season.
Lyle should have been retained or at the very least an adequate replacement lined up.
Naysmith has failed to do  that so therefore has culpability  for our current failings.

I love Derek Lyle, but he’s not at this level anymore. Dobbie and Dykes have a better partnership than Dobbie and Lyle, hands down. Largely because Dykes can do Dobbie’s running, and is a creator, when Lyle is a poacher.

Del would be good for maybe 6/7 important goals, but at the age he is, no chance would he want to sit on the bench all season.

18 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

I love Derek Lyle, but he’s not at this level anymore. Dobbie and Dykes have a better partnership than Dobbie and Lyle, hands down. Largely because Dykes can do Dobbie’s running, and is a creator, when Lyle is a poacher.

Del would be good for maybe 6/7 important goals, but at the age he is, no chance would he want to sit on the bench all season.

As others have said the issue isn't that we don't have Derek Lyle but that we don't have a back up striker of any sort. If we go down that will be one of the significant issues that should have been addressed.