Queens v Dunfermline

22 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Just saw Alloa's winner from Saturday. If anything summed up how awful this league is, it's that goal. 

The Championship is far more exciting if you follow it from home and don't have to watch any of the countless brutal matches.

Far and away the worst standard of football I have witnessed for a league season. (Been going since 1996)

Every team is shite, some are less shite than others and find themselves at the top but its all just brutal stuff. 

26 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Far and away the worst standard of football I have witnessed for a league season. (Been going since 1996)

Every team is shite, some are less shite than others and find themselves at the top but its all just brutal stuff. 

This kind of chat gets wheeled out quite regularly, and often it’s just supporters of underperforming teams having a moan, but you just have to look at the County fans this year, who despite being about to win the league (and having already won a cup), generally aren’t enjoying this season. I think that’s a good indication of just how dreadful this year’s Championship is.

58 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Last year was the worst ever Championship.

Next year will be the worst ever Championship.

I know you're being facetious (how unusual) but that's not far from the truth.

Last year was an absolutely terrible standard and this season has still managed to be even worse. I can't understand how anyone can honestly say they've enjoyed it.

I know you're being facetious (how unusual) but that's not far from the truth.
Last year was an absolutely terrible standard and this season has still managed to be even worse. I can't understand how anyone can honestly say they've enjoyed it.

I cannot disagree. The league is ultra competitive but the standard of play is awful. Most teams set up negatively with lone strikers, crowded midfields and “industrial” safety first tactics. This is how we approach every game and for us to be in the position we are in having had Dobbie’s goals and flair at our disposal is absolutely shocking.

When I watch other live matches it simply reinforces the above points as I see very few Championship teams that even attempt to play entertaining attacking football and consequently you get a plethora of drab encounters that are based on a form of “hoof ball”.

Scottish football pundits - when describing this league invariably extol the virtues of its competitiveness but certainly not its quality.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:00, Stellaboz said:
On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 18:34, Tam said:
Our defence will give you chances. You guys will score with a pen.....eventually. QoS nil is an absolute stick on.

f**k off. We have Devine there.

Devine has been far more consistent than Ashcroft for about 70% of the season. I'd much rather keep the former at the end of the season.

Ashcroft was part of the most solid defence in the league last season. Put him next to another solid centre half and you have one of the best defenders at this level.

FWIW Devine and Ashcroft have had similar seasons, but I'd definitely keep the latter. Devine not a terrible 3rd choice if his wages are manageable.

5 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Devine has been far more consistent than Ashcroft for about 70% of the season. I'd much rather keep the former at the end of the season.

Devine is brutal, but I honestly think Ashcroft has been worse this season. Get rid of the both of them.

We need a total clear out. Even guys like Beadling and J Longridge, who I got excited about when they were announced, have been disappointing, but nowhere near as bad as the rest of them. Honestly get this Pars team and this season so far into the sea. 

Just looking at last season's table compared to now. Tbh, it makes for far more grim reading from an attacking point of view than it does for defenders, only conceded 1 more than all of last season, but we've scored 28 less. Only 2 teams have conceded less than us so far. 

In short, we can pick holes in Devine and Ashcroft all we want, but our ability to score has been fucking disgraceful this season.

9 minutes ago, smpar said:

Just looking at last season's table compared to now. Tbh, it makes for far more grim reading from an attacking point of view than it does for defenders, only conceded 1 more than all of last season, but we've scored 28 less. Only 2 teams have conceded less than us so far. 

In short, we can pick holes in Devine and Ashcroft all we want, but our ability to score has been fucking disgraceful this season.

We've got a far more defensive structure than last year due to our defence being fucking shite. 

22 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I cannot disagree. The league is ultra competitive but the standard of play is awful. Most teams set up negatively with lone strikers, crowded midfields and “industrial” safety first tactics. This is how we approach every game and for us to be in the position we are in having had Dobbie’s goals and flair at our disposal is absolutely shocking.

When I watch other live matches it simply reinforces the above points as I see very few Championship teams that even attempt to play entertaining attacking football and consequently you get a plethora of drab encounters that are based on a form of “hoof ball”.

Scottish football pundits - when describing this league invariably extol the virtues of its competitiveness but certainly not its quality.

Well put RJC ,  its pretty poor stuff .

In a word Faissal.

39 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
5 hours ago, smpar said:

In a word Faissal.

I thought he was the Messiah, destined to battle Dobbie and Shankland for top scorer?

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I thought he was the Messiah, destined to battle Dobbie and Shankland for top scorer?

He was meant to be a decent signing, aye. Tbf he was never exactly going to have the record he did in League One, but I'm sure he's scored just one league goal, and that was a penalty. 

Saturday was the first time I saw a decent amount of fans turning on Faiss. Earlier in the season he couldn't find his arse with a map but at least did some positive things. Against Falkirk he was utterly brutal and had some cheek to look upset at being taken off.

I don't rate Ashcroft and Devine very highly - individually or as a partnership - but the the lack of quality and creativity further up the pitch has been the biggest negative this season.