Airdrieonians -vs- Stenhousemuir - The Weekend's Big TV Game!

In terms of quality that must have been the worst football match ever to be shown live on TV. I knew the standard was bad when I've been at the games, but somehow it looks even worse on screen. Genuine public park stuff, no attempt to control or pass the ball, just hoof it in the direction you're facing. Fitting that the game was decided by a moment of total incompetence

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a classic match by any means but one we probably deserved to win based on the opening five minutes alone. We could have been two up before Mark McGuigan sclaffed in his goal (and if David Hutton hadn't given up, he could have saved it, such a poor effort it was). As I wrote in this thread's opening post, the partnership between McGuigan and Greg Hurst has been excellent and it's good to see it paying dividends again.

Not much happened after that. Airdrieonians passed up some very presentable chances, most notably when Alan Reid's bad clearance was hit straight to Leighton McIntosh, but they didn't take them. In the second half, I was worried when the referee and linesman were in consultation following McGuigan's goal-line clearance but relieved to see play waved on.

Results elsewhere were disappointing (Raith Rovers can really get lost for the second week running) but over the last few weeks, we've seen this Stenhousemuir side are pretty handy and I fancy them to avoid finishing in 10th place.

Three wins over Airdrie this season - again!

I should also add that Sean McIntosh should never play in the back four again. We could have been 3 down in 5 minutes and all due to his lack of ability to cover or tackle. He does, however, know how to fall down!
He may  have a future as a midfielder but never as a defender.

Been with us to long has ability no left Foot and no dig
Quiet.

I'm sure there will be one or two, well just one probably, along to defend the Scottish Xavi in a minute [emoji23].

I generally quite like him, although he wouldn't be a starter for me going forward....I'd look to bring in better.

But yesterday I would have subbed him after 5 mins and sent him up the road. Incredible how you can be absolutely rotten instantaneously in a game.

and his namesake can GTF too. sitters missed in last 2 weeks plus playing him encourages what is possibly the worst version of the long ball game I've ever seen.

I've been defending Murray for weeks, but after the last two games I'm genuinely unsure if he is the man after all. I won't be back this season so no doubt we'll be like Ajax 95 in the remaining games.

What the last two chaps said.

Reminded me of Ronaldo’s goal v Athletico the other week and might have been over but Camera angles (including the go pro in the back of the Airdrie net) tell you nothing other than that his back foot was quite far behind the line.

Disappointed Alba didn’t fund Hawkeye TBH

Archived