Airdrieonians -vs- Stenhousemuir - The Weekend's Big TV Game!

Seeing those replays of the goal a dozen times there, Hutton would probably have saved that had he not lazily given up on it (even though I too fully expected McGuigan to hit it into the easier side of the net).

Sh*te

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, BigDi@mond said:

We have been absolutely baw-rotten! But Stenny sitting back for 85 mins and their relentless time wasting is truly embarrassing!! Roll on their relegation!

Not as embarrassing as that tear stained meltdown. Brilliant stuff.

For that first five minutes alone we deserved the win should have been 3 or 4 really. Never felt Airdrie were scoring in all honesty and they deserved nothing from the game.

Lovely jubbly.

Well that was exciting .  What a lot of rubbish .  Pass  marks to Hutton for a couple of decent saves and Stewart for giving his all . Hackshaw  (?) when he came on looked a decent prospect for the future .

We were a complete shambles with absolutely no creativity .  Distribution and crossing of the ball are a disgrace.  We should be thinking ourselves lucky that we are nowhere near the play-offs. 

I have come to the conclusion that Murray is as bad as Findlay . This long ball tactic happens so often that it must be approved by him and almost  makes me long  for the days of passing the ball around the back!  I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again .  His biggest mistake was letting Vitoria  go . If there was a discipline  problem  it should have been dealt with in the club instead of punting  him. He was the only player on our books who could beat a man or set up or score a goal.

I said it would be tight and it was no surprise that we suffered another one goal defeat. Stenny should have scored in the opening minutes ( maybe twice) and the decision to play Sean McIntosh in a position he has never occupied, led to that dreadful error. The absence of any creative flow from our set up was more suffering. Yes there were some half chances which smith saved but it was mind numbingly predictable. Stenny's number 20 had as easy a day as he could have picked this season and the back three simply squeezed out any real threat from our attackers,. Free kicks which went over/corners which went over/long balls all day: it is just as well we are nowhere near fourth spot in  performance. That is three defeats to Stenny this season and as I said there is something about them. They did spoil for much of the game but who could blame them and it is our failure to combat that which led to the defeat. As to Murray's tenure it has been so- so and I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Montrose look as if they could gain a deserved 4th place on form alone so no doubt we will win there! Victoria also scores to beat Raith  which means a player on loan from Airdrie contributes to their first League win at Kirkcaldy in 35 years while we cant win at all . I  hope we are safe before we play there!   

I should also add that Sean McIntosh should never play in the back four again. We could have been 3 down in 5 minutes and all due to his lack of ability to cover or tackle. He does, however, know how to fall down!

He may  have a future as a midfielder but never as a defender.

I should also add that Sean McIntosh should never play in the back four again. We could have been 3 down in 5 minutes and all due to his lack of ability to cover or tackle. He does, however, know how to fall down!

Been with us to long has ability no left Foot and no dig

Bad decision leaving McDonald on the bench he wasn't injured if he was on the bench maybe there has been fallout with manager and player?

3 minutes ago, Diamond legend said:

Bad decision leaving McDonald on the bench he wasn't injured if he was on the bench maybe there has been fallout with manager and player?

MacDonald has had a broken hand. It is common for a manager to put someone who has been injured on the bench but I wish Murray hadn’t!

Murray doesn’t have a clue! Didn’t change the way we played from start to finish, except throwing the defenders in the box in last 5 minutes. Made 1 sub the whole game (Conroy FFS) Get him to f**k along with the rest of the shite

Murray doesn’t have a clue! Didn’t change the way we played from start to finish, except throwing the defenders in the box in last 5 minutes. Made 1 sub the whole game (Conroy FFS) Get him to f**k along with the rest of the shite
He made the other two subs at halftime.

Did you fall asleep at halftime he made 2 subs ya rocket [emoji573]

we are stinking. and Duffy is absolutely pointless unless he is getting decent service. 

absolutely clueless going forward, long ball bullshit which isn't even done well.  Hawkshaw is an actual footballer, poor guy.

12 hours ago, waysider said:

5cb2f1fd06067_Nofuture.jpg.d1b4ada2a442e3767d417626abe942ad.jpg

Archived