Airdrieonians -vs- Stenhousemuir - The Weekend's Big TV Game!

Set your Sky+ boxes to stun - it's the biggest game of the division this weekend and it's live on BBC Alba at 5:15pm! What this means for the crowd, I don't know, but it should be a decent match all the same.

We've got a solid record against Airdrie this season (again!) with two wins out of three, and I hope we take the three points again tomorrow. Airdrie have hit a decent run of form over the last few weeks but I think we have the wherewithal to give them problems, particularly in attack where Mark McGuigan and Greg Hurst have formed a sound understanding. Providing the latter isn't injured (he went off at the wekeend), I'll go with the same XI that should have beaten Raith Rovers:

- McGuigan - Hurst -

- Donaldson - McBrearty - Ferry - Dingwall - Reid -

- Neill - Munro - Marsh -

- Smith -

As long as we cut out the nonsense at the back, we have a good chance of winning. The goal we lost against Raith Rovers was incredible and it turned three points into one. The same outcome against the Diamonds is no good to us, not at this stage of the season, and we really have to go for it. I think we will.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we had nothing to play for then I would go for an Airdrie win, but as we still have a slim chance of a playoff place, Airdrie to take an early lead then fail to consolidate and hold the lead, late equalizer from Stenny = 1:1 

If Jonathan Page does not step in to back three as happened last week then his days are surely numbered. Carrick score at last and now he is certain not to score any more . As to the game it will be very tight . there is just something about Stenny-remember the thumped us by 5 when they were bottom two seasons ago and managed to score and win for the first away time earlier this season. I will adopt the view from the terrace technique and predict a home banker win but will not be surprised by an away bust win.  

1 minute ago, G_&_T said:

If we cannae beat the bottom club at home, we don't deserve the play offs, let alone likely to get anything from them. 

As you typed that, I was telling myself that if Brechin can't beat Stenny on the last day (and probably Stranraer next week actually) then we don't deserve to stay up.

Archived