The Legends

Nugent4nil

I'm currently in the process of organising what I believe will be the first Junior Legends 7-a-side event. Its taking place at Renfrew's New Western Park on Saturday 15th June and will hopefully see sixteen teams compete.  More details of the event will follow in due course but some of the teams have announced their squads already, as we are doing a very special programme, I need pictures of all the players so if you have any of them be it playing, posing or upside down behind the sofa I would really appreciate it if you posted them here, thanks.

Johnstone Burgh

Fraser Wilson

Chris Wozencroft

Kevin Stanley

Alan ‘Trigger’ Thomson

Stuart Livingston

Ross Perrie

David Brolly

Colin Smith

Paddy Flannery

Gordon Parks

Largs Thistle

Stephen Connick

Andy Elliot

Liam McVey

Tam Jaimeson

Gordon Lappin

Phil Cannie

Stevie Kyle

Graham Black

Stephen Quigg

Arnie

Arthurlie

Kris Robertson

Lee Martin

Dave Williams

Mark McLaughlin

Andy McFarlane

Lee Sharp

Roland Fabiani

Charlie Hobbs

Martin McGarvey

Steven Convery

Beith

Keith Ross

Chris Kerr

Craig Brittian

Derek McCulloch

Neil Shearer

Gary Wilson

John Craig

Kevin Deeney

Robbie Cameron

Martin Stewart

Renfrew

Iain Wilson

Jimmy Quigley

Neil Farquarson

John McLay

Ian Nicholson

Chrissy Cameron

Davie Gordon

Wullie Stewart

Gordy Smith

Ji Sherry

Kilbirnie Ladeside

Heafy

Grant

Haplin

Blackburn

Eadie

Lyon

F Murray

K Murray

P Ferris

M Ferris

B Miller

Port Glasgow

Gary Stewart
Allan McIntyre
Paul Temprol
Andy Monaghan
Andy Hannah
Eddie Walton
Dougie Brown
Paul Coyle
Sean Graham
George Wall

Brilliant Robert, this should be great fun...the Ladeside team are so good, and so well known, they don't even need first names. Maybe at least name John "Halpin" rather than "Haplin" to give the big guy some respect amongst his teammates and opponents. Unless, of course, he's been using an alias all these years to protect his family from the ignominy.

And the Largs Thistle team could probably finish mid table in this seasons division one at the moment if they did a bit of pre-season. And dropped Lappy.

Sheesh,...that Port team look a bit tasty as well....can we stick Fabi & McLay in the Port team and maybe Del McCulloch & Deeney ? You could be challenging for a Europa League place with some tactical transfers amongst that lot.

Parks can do the publicity and Flannery can do the shouting from the sidelines. Hobbs will be falling over himself to get a game. Again.

You've got me. I'll pay money to watch these lads one more time.:)

Thanks BP, wee ginger Gordon sent me the Kilbirnie names so blame him for the spelling.  Jim Mariner is part of my presentation group,  the sixteen teams at the moment are as follows, PS I have three teams on stand by in case any team pulls out,

Arthurlie

Refrew

Kilbirnie Ladeside

Largs Thistle

Pollok

Neilston

Johnstone Burgh

West Select (which has some ex east region and ex senior players? )

Paisley (ex armatures and some ex seniors)

Glenafton Athletic

Beith

Port Glasgow

Auchinleck Talbot

St Anthony's

Scotland Seniors

Clydebank

Honestly blown away with the squads to date, loads more to come regards what we plan for the day including possibly the best programme ever produced.

The players are paying five quid to play and its four quid to come see, that said its five if you have a shot on the 50/50 how many goals are scored, as in the winner gets half of what we raise from that.

2 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Thanks BP, wee ginger Gordon sent me the Kilbirnie names so blame him for the spelling.  Jim Mariner is part of my presentation group,  the sixteen teams at the moment are as follows, PS I have three teams on stand by in case any team pulls out,

Arthurlie

Refrew

Kilbirnie Ladeside

Largs Thistle

Pollok

Neilston

Johnstone Burgh

West Select (which has some ex east region and ex senior players? )

Paisley (ex armatures and some ex seniors)

Glenafton Athletic

Beith

Port Glasgow

Auchinleck Talbot

St Anthony's

Scotland Seniors

Clydebank

Honestly blown away with the squads to date, loads more to come regards what we plan for the day including possibly the best programme ever produced.

The players are paying five quid to play and its four quid to come see, that said its five if you have a shot on the 50/50 how many goals are scored, as in the winner gets half of what we raise from that.

What's the charity again pal? You haven't mentioned it yet.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

What's the charity again pal? You haven't mentioned it yet.

Sorry Jimbo, Nil by Mouth to  help fund their free education in schools scheme which I think is absolutely fantastic.

Archived