Julian Assange Arrested

Ludo*1

America have gone medieval on Assange, 17 charges under the Espionage Act. If I was him I'd immediately plead guilty to the Swedish sex charges and get extradited to there. Much less likely to be shipped to the US, if he fights extradition to the US from here he could be stuck in Belmarsh for years before a life sentence in the US. 

• 1 year later...

Hopefully he will be released this week.

I don't think the incoming Biden adminstration will want the distraction of a massive trial or the Iraq War being publicly raked over again. The damage Assange did to America/UK/NATO was to make it more difficult to trick the public into accepting war. Putting him on trial just reinforces that. 

The MIC are doing a grand job of stoking up anti China racism at the moment so they probably don't want people wondering if you should believe the same people who told you about WMDs when it comes to Xingjian. 

Edited by Detournement

Assange refused bail. US prosecutor standing down, it will be up to Biden's team what happens next. Can't see what they'd gain by pursuing it, other than making even more of a martyr of him than they already have.