Cappielow Cavaliers v ICT Cup Heroes (Tue 16th Apr)

That being our best performance in months says more about this season than that performance.

Dallas coming on for Kiltie killed us there. If we play like that in our remaining games we have a shot at survival but Johansson is still finding ways to cost us results even with the rare occurence of getting starting XI right.

More optimistic about the run in than I have been for weeks. That was a good performance tonight, we played well, fought for everything and made chances.

No failures tonight and we really should have taken all 3 points.

To be honest we should have played like that at least 5 games ago. But at least we can put in a performance in the last run of games.

What did we do well tonight?

Oliver and Kiltie pressing.

Lyon's dig in the middle of the park and not allowing ICT an easy out ball.

Telfer being high up the park.

What did JJ change with his substitutions?

Oliver and Kiltie.

Lyon to the right of midfield.

Telfer to left midfield.

We played well then reverted to type just sitting off and inviting the pressure. That equaliser was coming, and should've been to the absolute surprise of no one.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Ah well, barring about a 200 goal swing between us and Dunfermline, thats us secured a playoff spot. 

Not really. If you lose your 3 games by 2 and they win theirs by 2 you'll both be on the same goal difference. 

10 hours ago, MonEhTon said:

You need your hole kid.

Usually when somebody's talking to a complete stranger on the internet about not getting their hole, theres only really one person who's not getting their hole.  

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

In isolation that's a decent enough point.  After our poor performance at Hampden on Saturday you hope for a reaction.  Although seeming it was a bit smash and grab.

Good to see 2 new signing break their duck for the club ( I know MacDonald is on loan).  Big Dazza McCauley must've been reading my review of him on the keep/punt/undecided thread.

Bar a massive shit storm, we're in the playoffs.  The absolute bare minimum for ICT imo.

10 hours ago, Waspie said:

I think ICT when they have their best 11 can be really good. Just don't have strength in depth at all. I feared the worst when I saw the team for tonight so happy enough that Morton only got a point. 

That's us in a nutshell I feel. genuinely feel that our starting XI is as good as Countys but when we start to lose players we have little to call upon. Hopefully Robbo can bring in a few more faces over the summer to pad things out and replace those like Polworth who will certainly be moving on.

Yep, they've got 2 or 3 decent players for every position.  We have 1 decent player for every position.  Think they have 6 strikers in the first team?  Crazy for this level.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Chances of us keeping MacDonald I wonder?

He looks a class apart every time he touches the ball. Still, he's lightweight and has looked nervous at times so maybe Hearts will feel he'd benefit from a season of regular starts with us. If Polworth leaves, he'd be ideal in his position. 

Do Morton do highlights?  Not sure if we had a camera there last night but I did notice we got a video interview with Robbo after the game.

54 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Do Morton do highlights?  Not sure if we had a camera there last night but I did notice we got a video interview with Robbo after the game.

Yeah they will be online sometime around next November.