The battle for 2nd on Friday night football (Dundee United v Ayr)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Safranko getting MotM with a 30 minute performance should tell Neilson something but he’s too fucking thick to get it.

Harkes was poor tonight and Pawlett was fucked after 70 minutes leaving Robson exposed.

Watson was under a lot of pressure, though as my elder son pointed out to me he was the leading goal scorer in the starting lineup!

Butcher did well and McMullan had a good game; no howlers from Seigrist either.

Can’t remember the last time we came from behind to win.

Pleasing.

22 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Ayr fans showing a lack of grace and decorum.

God knows what they'll be like as they hurtle towards League One next season.

Probably a lot more comfortable than they are now. It must be incredibly stressful watching the final embers of their once in a lifetime season splutter and die. Quite sad really.

10 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

About a fortnight ago

You git, beat me to it.:lol:

To be fair, apart from that Alloa game  at the end of March the only other time* we've come from behind and won this season was... The previous match against Alloa at Tannadice, in November.

*Did it in the Challenge cup to beat St Johnstone youths too, although that was with a mostly youth team squad and Easton and Robertson in charge.

We might have lost out to you lot in terms of league position (a mere bagatelle obviously) but we did win the individual contest. 9-2, 9-2, 9-2, 9-2.  It's got a nice ring to it.  As we cry into our beer at the demise of our "once in a lifetime" season, we find this strangely comforting. To outplay such a giant of the game 3 times in a season is at least a small consolation for us poor underlings. The least McCall could do was gift you this last game by means of very questionable substitutions in the 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, captainkev said:

You git, beat me to it.:lol:

To be fair, apart from that Alloa game  at the end of March the only other time* we've come from behind and won this season was... The previous match against Alloa at Tannadice, in November.

*Did it in the Challenge cup to beat St Johnstone youths too, although that was with a mostly youth team squad and Easton and Robertson in charge.

I'm pretty sure it's about the first TV win since Falkirk in playoffs near two year ago too.

3 minutes ago, jm86 said:

We might have lost out to you lot in terms of league position (a mere bagatelle obviously) but we did win the individual contest. 9-2, 9-2, 9-2, 9-2.  It's got a nice ring to it.  As we cry into our beer at the demise of our "once in a lifetime" season, we find this strangely comforting. To outplay such a giant of the game 3 times in a season is at least a small consolation for us poor underlings. The least McCall could do was gift you this last game by means of very questionable substitutions in the 2nd half.

Yup, this chap's definitely not struggling. Keep your chin up, son, it'll all be over soon. 

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Embarrassing lack of comment on another goalkeeping horror from the young lad, thats three howlers  this season that have cost the team. Can’t wait for the he’s only a young lad whose going to make mistakes from the posters on here come on Djaffo defend the undefendable.

Kerr for Geggan was another howler by the manager gave everything away when he came on when we needed stability and for F—- sake stop playing  Murdoch wide.

Smith had @ good game so well done to him boy showed good energy

Shankland playing everywhere but where he should be up top and a howler of a missed chance to kill the game again.

2 mistakes this season .the keeper has been fucking outstanding .

What a tosser you are .

I think tonight sadly was just a game too far for some players.

Bell played well but ultimately he’s playing with an injury and had to go off, Geggan is just back and has been playing around an hour every game to be ready for this and is now injured again. Shankland has been playing as if he’s been running a marathon in the warmup.

We’ve got 4 games left with pretty much nothing to play for. If Dunfermline lose tomorrow that confirms our play off spot. I’d consider starting Shankland on the bench and maybe bringing him on for the last 20 mins of a match just to keep his sharpness up but give him a bit of rest. Same goes for guys like Kerr, Bell, Geggan and Moffat (providing his wife can stop moaning for 5 mins).

I don’t fancy our chance against ICT but we’ll have a much better chance with a fit squad rather than one where 4 or 5 key players are blowing out their arses.

Oh aye and Lochwood can f**k off.

Just to add though, Dundee Utd aren’t great by any manner of means but you can clearly tell there’s been an upgrade on personal since we’ve last played them. Connolly and Reynolds are like Maldini and Baresi compared to Bouhenna and Edge. Watson wasn’t totally incompetent tonight, and Smith is a big upgrade on him, but I feel we should’ve used McDaid more instead of lumping it up the field.

Sow looked decent but tired. Was a bit of a nuisance but I was surprised at how often he received the ball from deep. Surely you’d want him in the box with Pawlett getting crosses into him. Safranko at least came on and whilst it was a soft goal imo it was one of the few bits of quality in the game.

McMullan actually looked like the wee guy that impressed me at Stenny a few years ago. He scored that day as well and was fantastic. His goal tonight was a complete gift but he utilised his pace well and managed to draw a few fouls from our defenders.

5 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

11th place could be dross like st mirren or Hamilton. Though I do hope it's Hamilton. And would you not prefer the Ayrshire derby ?

I’d love an Ayrshire derby although don’t think I could suffer any more humiliation at Scumerset. It would certainly excite me more your lot at ours than the horrible Glasgow 2 but I’ve watched a few championship games due to the sudden increase in live coverage of your division and I can’t see it.

Archived