The battle for 2nd on Friday night football (Dundee United v Ayr)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

WTO Brexit goalkeeping. The way it should be.

It's always a risk if you play like, I remember Alan Martin rouletting Jason Cummings in his own penalty area one week and then...not rouletting Gary Harkins against you lot a month later...

Is he always as good at dealing with high balls as he is when I watch him? I remember him doing brilliantly with the final kick of the ball in swirling wind during the 1-0 game with United at Somerset earlier in the season. I'm genuinely delighted to see that goalkeepers who come and catch crosses still exist.

Aye, he’s normally excellent. In the closing minutes of the game against Queens on Tuesday he collected 3/4 crosses through a lot of bodies and really took the pressure off the defence.

He’s made 3 big errors that I can think of this season. One at home to Falkirk, another away at Falkirk and tonight. For a 21 year old keeper he ain’t bad.

WE WON A GAME ON TV!

What a time to be alive. Pawlett anonymous, harkes minging, a real problem in finding the best configuration up front.

Mcmullan can't play out wide. He's basically a shite James Forrest and does his best stuff as a no 10.  Safranko the talisman at the moment.

1 minute ago, Aladdin said:

WE WON A GAME ON TV!

What a time to be alive. Pawlett anonymous, harkes minging, a real problem in finding the best configuration up front.

Mcmullan can't play out wide. He's basically a shite James Forrest and does his best stuff as a no 10.  Safranko the talisman at the moment.

Aye didn't make much of Harkes tonight. Didn't look confident at all, positioning was fine but he couldn't make a pass or tackle properly all match. 

McMullan looks good going direct or cutting in from the wing, he shouldn't ever be allowed to cross the ball though. 

Was always going to be tough to get a result tonight after all the games we’ve played.

The turning point was absolutely Geggan coming off and Murdoch taking his place out wide.

Not really arsed whether we finish 3rd or 4th so long as we finish in the play offs.

Archived