The battle for 2nd on Friday night football (Dundee United v Ayr)

Well United won 5-0 up there last time so anything less is unacceptable.  
I know, I know. Apologies.

Living up here you need to use the term to differentiate them from the other lot across the road. It's a legitimate reason.

I'll bet you've never answered the question "which team do you support?" with the answer "United".

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Bobby Madden in charge, it's highly probable

Haha Bobby Madden and an Ayr penalty aren’t two things that go together.

Mind you he gave us one vs RC so there’s always hope.

We really need to win this to have any chance of 2nd and although it will be tough I think we will just edge it.

Fitness could be a big factor, with this being our 5th game in the space of two weeks and some players looking a bit jaded.

We have also played twice since their last game, but despite this I hope we will still manage to take at least a point.

Dundee Utd 0-1 Ayr Utd (Smith).

I would lineup like this (assuming Muirhead and Adams still wont be fit.)

LINEUP111554915401052.png

Purely based on the number of games we have been playing, I suspect Kerr and Bell could do with a rest.  Miller also ran himself into the ground on Tuesday and if possible  I would bench him for this one.

Muirhead (if fit) for Bell - if not Bell will just have to man up.

Doc for Kerr, or move Murdoch inside? Maybe McDaid to start on the wing, given he loves being on TV?   

27 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Purely based on the number of games we have been playing, I suspect Kerr and Bell could do with a rest.  Miller also ran himself into the ground on Tuesday and if possible  I would bench him for this one.

Muirhead (if fit) for Bell - if not Bell will just have to man up.

Doc for Kerr, or move Murdoch inside? Maybe McDaid to start on the wing, given he loves being on TV?   

I'd just play the team from midweek.  

I see this one as a bit of a free hit for us. Given our form since the turn of the year the fact that we’re even in with an outside chance of second is mental.

We’re almost certainly in the playoffs now and I don’t think it matters much whether we finish 3rd or 4th so we can go out and express ourselves tomorrow night. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Take it you’ve been beting on Falkirk all season? 

Rarely bet on my own team but when the odds were a bit crazy, I did.

Last time was against UTD tho, so they owe me !!!

45 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see this one as a bit of a free hit for us. Given our form since the turn of the year the fact that we’re even in with an outside chance of second is mental.

We’re almost certainly in the playoffs now and I don’t think it matters much whether we finish 3rd or 4th so we can go out and express ourselves tomorrow night. 

It’s a game of football not interpretative dance.  

Mind you we might be better at interpretative dance (so long as we can’t have substitutes).

Archived