The battle for 2nd on Friday night football (Dundee United v Ayr)

Huge game in the race for 2nd place, Ayr win and we're right back in with a chance of getting 2nd but a win for arabs and they've pretty much sealed 2nd.

Think freshness of the squad has to prioritise recent performances unfortunately with the recent hectic fixture schedule and playing only last night potentially taking its toll come Friday night.

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie 

Murdoch Docherty Crawford McDaid 

Moffat Shankland 

Subs: Hare-Reid, Muirhead, Kerr, Cadden, Miller, Forrest, Moore

Certainly will be a closer contest than the first game at Tannadice i'm sure and honestly not sure what the outcome will be here with our best performances seemingly being on the road and Dundee United having some poor home results. Think the amount of games we've played recently might take their toll though.

Can see a draw 1-1.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time against United (at Somerset) I was absolutely convinced they'd turn us over and get revenge for the humping.

Can't call this one.

I reckon if we get an early (ish) goal we could well go and win again - but it'll probably be more cagey and they'll eventually put us to the sword.

Doohan

Smith
Bell
Rose
Harvie

Geggan
Murdoch
Crawford
McDaid

Moffat
Shankland

2-2 draw
That looks good to me.

Mcdaid, shankland and moff have to start, obviously.

Kerr probably doesn't have the legs to play again so soon, and geggan provides some extra stability.

I’m trying to remember how many goals we’ve scored against Ayr this season.  I think it’s less than one.

It will be interesting to see if Neilson can avoid fucking this up.

Our first game since winning the title became a completely unrealistic prospect? [X]

It's on TV? [X]

Playing a team that have had our number all season? (Agg. score 8-0) [X]

Get all the money in the world on an Ayr win.

Not confident about this at all. Dundee Utd seem to have stepped up a level recently whilst we are out of sorts and coming off a heavy run of fixtures. They also owe us after a few heavy defeats and reckon it could be a difficult  night ahead

3 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

This one is hard to predict. Either side could win if they score more than the opposition or it could end in a draw. 

That’s the sort of analysis we’ve been missing.

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Not confident about this at all. Dundee Utd seem to have stepped up a level recently whilst we are out of sorts and coming off a heavy run of fixtures. They also owe us after a few heavy defeats and reckon it could be a difficult  night ahead

They also lost at home to Queen of the South a couple of weeks ago.   We havent been great but are still very hard to beat 

Archived