Bankies v Talbot tonight

Kilbowie Benches

You have had that many different locations that I'm actually doubtful you should be calling yourselves Clydebank.  
Youngsters associate with teams that win trophies, fact!

That many different locations? Since 2003 we’ve had one season out of Clydebank?!? That was to help facilitate the redevelopment of Holm Park.

Youngsters will do what they do, they should take pride in their local areas but sadly that is very rarely the case these days.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That many different locations? Since 2003 we’ve had one season out of Clydebank?!? That was to help facilitate the redevelopment of Holm Park.

Youngsters will do what they do, they should take pride in their local areas but sadly that is very rarely the case these days.

Holm park is/was not your home

Jeezo it's yokers.

This is like cumnock playing at Beechwood or vice versa with Talbot at Townhead. Hardly a good set up when you don't even have a ground.

Yet youngsters come to games at Talbot. Go figure[emoji848]

1 hour ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

When you dominate any level of football to the extent that Talbot have done over the years it’s perhaps understandable why you tread a fine line between overwhelming faith and confidence in your team and what at times could be seen as unbelievable arrogance

Talbot are the best team at this level bar none - any victory over them is enjoyed in much the same way I would think that many SPL sides enjoy their rare triumphs over the ugly sisters

On the pitch they are a machine that grind teams down through sheer hard work and excellent fitness levels. They have players who could quite easily be playing at a much higher level but I get that playing for Talbot gives a greater chance of silverware than many SFL teams would provide

There are twats amongst the Talbot support and after over 35 years watching them I know there are twats amongst The Bankies support

What is abundantly clear is that as a club everyone at Talbot is committed to the cause and that can at times annoy others - I’m sure they don’t give a monkeys and why should they?

There is much for fans of both teams to look forward to - Talbot are on course to potentially win a league and cup double whilst Bankies are making huge strides on and off the park. A flourishing Academy system which is already bearing fruit , a redevelopment of Holm Park set to give both ourselves and Yoker as well as the town a real boost and the chance to put down serious long term roots again - helping us to progress as a club - in whatever league set up beckons longer term

We have punched above our weight this season after narrowly avoiding relegation last season and there is much to be positive about under Kieran McAnespie

Hopefully with a fully established permanent community facility in the town we will continue to grow and attract a new generation of supporters.

Talbot are the benchmark on and off the park.On Sat though we can't get caught up in the mutual appreciate society though We need the three points and hopefully we get them.

4 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Alan vezza

Mon the papers

Didnt show on the highlights but he did have a fly kick, if you listen to it you hear the lino being questioned on it

Holm park is/was not your home 
Jeezo it's yokers.

This is like cumnock playing at Beechwood or vice versa with Talbot at Townhead. Hardly a good set up when you don't even have a ground.

Yet youngsters come to games at Talbot. Go figure[emoji848]

The council own Holm Park and have done for a very long time, long before we moved in. We’ve had to work hard as a group to have any form of setup over the last 20 years or so and we’re progressing well considering.

Yoker were more than happy for us to join up with them there so I fail to see what the problem is.

Youngsters come and watch us, a reduced number at present given we’re not playing in the town.

I still really don’t get any of the points you are trying to make, why the constant digs?

The council own Holm Park and have done for a very long time, long before we moved in. We’ve had to work hard as a group to have any form of setup over the last 20 years or so and we’re progressing well considering.

Yoker were more than happy for us to join up with them there so I fail to see what the problem is.

Youngsters come and watch us, a reduced number at present given we’re not playing in the town.

I still really don’t get any of the points you are trying to make, why the constant digs?
It's not digs, I appreciate you work hard but ultimately most fans don't associate Holm Park with Clydebank.

It's in Yoker, and Yoker play there.

It would have made sense to get a place in Clydebank?

It's not digs, I appreciate you work hard but ultimately most fans don't associate Holm Park with Clydebank.

It's in Yoker, and Yoker play there.

It would have made sense to get a place in Clydebank?

You’ll actually find that it’s in Clydebank, Yoker is an area of Glasgow. The Lovat bar is the practically on the boundary.

We explored a number of options over the years with the council in Clydebank before the decision was made by all parties to do up Holm Park.

I think all clubs at our level work hard btw, and it gets harder year on year. Your club is what others want to be, In hink everyone has to take a step back and look at what we all achieve across the grade given the lack of resources many have.

You’ll actually find that it’s in Clydebank, Yoker is an area of Glasgow. The Lovat bar is the practically on the boundary.

We explored a number of options over the years with the council in Clydebank before the decision was made by all parties to do up Holm Park.

I think all clubs at our level work hard btw, and it gets harder year on year. Your club is what others want to be, In hink everyone has to take a step back and look at what we all achieve across the grade given the lack of resources many have.
Nmom

I'll be honest here. You come across an actual decent poster on here and I'll respect your view. 🤙

8 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

I'm not a lover of the carpet but best of luck in your venture to improve Holm Park. As you said resources are hard to come by and it looks like Clydebank and  Yoker have a lot of work to do concerning the facilities at the ground.

Archived