Bankies v Talbot tonight

Kilbowie Benches

its well known the talbots fans are a nasty, bitter old lot ... no one has much time for them... big fish in a small pond and they like it like that... thats why they shat themselves when asked to move to a pyramid system :lol::lol::lol: ... no class ... no ambition.

its well known the talbots fans are a nasty, bitter old lot ... no one has much time for them... big fish in a small pond and they like it like that... thats why they shat themselves when asked to move to a pyramid system [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] ... no class ... no ambition.

Yes just the opposite Bankies,🤣 who have no ground and haven't won anything of worth since their conception a few in the 2000's, They where A big fish who couldn't afford to be in the big pond so went to the wall, bought by Airdrie and then came back pretending to be the same team. Hell yes that sounds like a plan for the future 🤣🤣🤣

You clearly don't keep up with anything happening outwith the village do you ? .... we do have a ground so thats one to tick off the talbot "insult bingo" checklist ... fear not though ... you can still bleat on about scottish cup medals and all the other shite we laugh at you for.
Looks like yokers ground to me. You've just hijacked their park

Remind me where your playing at the minute?

23 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Yes just the opposite Bankies, who have no ground and haven't won anything of worth since their conception a few in the 2000's, They where A big fish who couldn't afford to be in the big pond so went to the wall, bought by Airdrie and then came back pretending to be the same team. Hell yes that sounds like a plan for the future

You clearly don't keep up with anything happening outwith the village do you ? ... we do have a ground so thats one to tick off the talbot "insult bingo" checklist ... fear not though ... you can still bleat on about scottish cup medals and all the other shite we laugh at you for.

Edited by mike strutter

Maybe if the 2 cretins on the social club side of the park with the grey clydebank jackets on were not claiming Talbot to be just a wee junior team while their club had reached THEEE  scottish cup semi final as they called it then maybe all  the airdrie stuff would never have started, if you give it out then you must be prepared to take some back, as for vezza he could of walked for kicking out at the wee tussle at the first penalty.
Just watched highlights there is no kick from vezza.

Mon the papers

Yes just the opposite Bankies,🤣 who have no ground and haven't won anything of worth since their conception a few in the 2000's, They where A big fish who couldn't afford to be in the big pond so went to the wall, bought by Airdrie and then came back pretending to be the same team. Hell yes that sounds like a plan for the future 🤣🤣🤣 

Oh u little bitch.

Mon the papers

You clearly don't keep up with anything happening outwith the village do you ? ... we do have a ground so thats one to tick off the talbot "insult bingo" checklist ... fear not though ... you can still bleat on about scottish cup medals and all the other shite we laugh at you for.

Trophies are Something you lot aren't used to and will never have anyways.

Are you sure you ain't Nocknosh in disguise as you're as delusional as him🤣

12 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Trophies are Something you lot aren't used to and will never have anyways.

Are you sure you ain't Nocknosh in disguise as you're as delusional as him

says the man who can't get his facts right ... deary me

Some shameful comments from both sides on here, behave yourselves and be the bigger person. Better team won, four penalties were correct.

Yoker and Clydebank happy to be in a groundshare agreement with the council.

Following Clydebank has never been about trophies and it never will be.

Some shameful comments from both sides on here, behave yourselves and be the bigger person. Better team won, four penalties were correct.

Yoker and Clydebank happy to be in a groundshare agreement with the council.

Following Clydebank has never been about trophies and it never will be.
Ha ha so many cliches in that comment.

That last comment about Clydebank is so strange. Maybe that's why you don't have many young ones following the club?

Ha ha so many cliches in that comment.

That last comment about Clydebank is so strange. Maybe that's why you don't have many young ones following the club?

Which cliches is that then?

Can’t force young ones to follow the club though I do feel we do ok for younger supporters. Maybe been a bit more difficult this year with being at Maryhill however trophies shouldn’t be the reason for following a club in my opinion and I really don’t see why that is strange.

1 hour ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Not sure that the ref got much wrong having watched back highlights. The Bankies 3rd is too far away to be sure how much contact but the others look clear cut. 2 keepers possibly lucky to stay on park, especially Waters.

Doesn't the new law of the game mean that the ref won't red card a player if he gives a penalty unless it's for serious foul play?  I don't think either of the 2 penalties given away by the keepers could be classed as that, hence no red card?  Double-jeopardy or some such wordplay? 

Doesn't the new law of the game mean that the ref won't red card a player if he gives a penalty unless it's for serious foul play?  I don't think either of the 2 penalties given away by the keepers could be classed as that, hence no red card?  Double-jeopardy or some such wordplay? 

Or if no attempt to play the ball or something like that for example a deliberate trip or pull of the jersey etc. Don’t think anyone should have been sent off in those instances.

Which cliches is that then?

Can’t force young ones to follow the club though I do feel we do ok for younger supporters. Maybe been a bit more difficult this year with being at Maryhill however trophies shouldn’t be the reason for following a club in my opinion and I really don’t see why that is strange.

You have had that many different locations that I'm actually doubtful you should be calling yourselves Clydebank.

Youngsters associate with teams that win trophies, fact!

When you dominate any level of football to the extent that Talbot have done over the years it’s perhaps understandable why you tread a fine line between overwhelming faith and confidence in your team and what at times could be seen as unbelievable arrogance

Talbot are the best team at this level bar none - any victory over them is enjoyed in much the same way I would think that many SPL sides enjoy their rare triumphs over the ugly sisters

On the pitch they are a machine that grind teams down through sheer hard work and excellent fitness levels. They have players who could quite easily be playing at a much higher level but I get that playing for Talbot gives a greater chance of silverware than many SFL teams would provide

There are twats amongst the Talbot support and after over 35 years watching them I know there are twats amongst The Bankies support

What is abundantly clear is that as a club everyone at Talbot is committed to the cause and that can at times annoy others - I’m sure they don’t give a monkeys and why should they?

There is much for fans of both teams to look forward to - Talbot are on course to potentially win a league and cup double whilst Bankies are making huge strides on and off the park. A flourishing Academy system which is already bearing fruit , a redevelopment of Holm Park set to give both ourselves and Yoker as well as the town a real boost and the chance to put down serious long term roots again - helping us to progress as a club - in whatever league set up beckons longer term

We have punched above our weight this season after narrowly avoiding relegation last season and there is much to be positive about under Kieran McAnespie

Hopefully with a fully established permanent community facility in the town we will continue to grow and attract a new generation of supporters.