83rd Masters Tournament

Davis Love III

Who is going to win the 83rd Masters Tournament?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the 83rd Masters Tournament?

• Rory McIlroy
    • Dustin Johnson
    • Justin Rose
    • Tiger Woods
    • Justin Thomas
    • Jon Rahm
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Francesco Molinari
    • Jordan Spieth
    • Tommy Fleetwood
    • Paul Casey
    • Brooks Koepka
    • Matt Kuchar
    • Bryson DeChambeau
    • OTHER PLAYER
  2. 2. Which former Masters champion will make the cut? (1/2)

• Patrick Reed (2018)
    • Sergio Garcia (2017)
    • Danny Willett (2016)
    • Jordan Spieth (2015)
    • Bubba Watson (2014/2012)
    • Adam Scott (2013)
    • Charl Schwartzel (2011)
    • Phil Mickelson (2004/2006/2010)
    • Angel Cabrera (2009)
    • Trevor Immelman (2008)
    • Zach Johnson (2007)
    • Tiger Woods (1997/2001/2002/2005)
    • Mike Weir (2003)
    • Vijay Singh (2000)
    • Jose Maria Olazabal (1994/1999)
  3. 3. Which former Masters champions will make the cut? (2/2)

• Bernhard Langer (1985/1993)
    • Fred Couples (1992)
    • Ian Woosnam (1991)
    • Sandy Lyle (1988)
    • Larry Mize (1987)
    • Langer/Couples/Woosnam/Lyle/Mize to all Miss Cut

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/19 at 12:15

A well earned win for a fantastic finish today.  I really enjoyed watching that especially with the changes and drama  at the top of the leader board.  Glad I never put a bet on it as I was nervous enough trying to predict the outcome for long periods as it was.

Really feel sorry for Molinari after he had done well before those horrible holes.  Looking forward to the Masters 2020 and hoping for more of the same then. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, Woods come across as an arsehole, but he seemed completely done just a few years back.

Fair play to him for this though, and the fawning over him is purely because of how he put Golf into the mainstream sporting eye. Theres been players you can argue are better, but he seems the first who was a "global phenomenon"

Has there? I'd love to hear their names...

Just now, Kuro said:

Has there? I'd love to hear their names...

Sorry, I dont intend on letting you ruin this thread with tedious troll bait, m8.

I wasn't particularly wanting Woods to win this afternoon, but despite myself, it was exhilarating to watch.

Sport does have the capacity to throw up these redemptive tales.  The remarkable bit of this one is that he didn't win from the front.

It must now be possible for that safe looking Nicklaus record to be caught.

He has the game for Augusta, the Open is at St Andrews in 2 years, and this year's PGA is at Bethpage, which he loves.
It is a challenge, but he could do it.

It must now be possible for that safe looking Nicklaus record to be caught.

If, and it's still a every big if, he can maintain his fitness he probably has another 3-4 years as a top level player so winning 3 majors to tie with Nicklaus now seems plausible all of a sudden. The first one was always going to be the hardest. I can certainly see him adding another Masters at some point so it's whether he can pick up others along the way.

If, and it's still a every big if, he can maintain his fitness he probably has another 3-4 years as a top level player so winning 3 majors to tie with Nicklaus now seems plausible all of a sudden. The first one was always going to be the hardest. I can certainly see him adding another Masters at some point so it's whether he can pick up others along the way.

The Masters is the easiest of the 4 for him - a smaller field and a course that plays to his strengths.  

It doesn't really punish wayward tee shots like The Open does - no discernible rough. The par 5s a generally reachable in 3 by most power hitters do that favours Woods. Hardest part is Amen Corner and not fucking up on the 16th.

It's no surprise that 5 of Tiger's majors have come here - he clearly loves this course.

It will be interesting to see how he copes at Royal Portrush and Pebble Beach (where he won in 2000).

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:47, Monkey Tennis said:

I wasn't particularly wanting Woods to win this afternoon, but despite myself, it was exhilarating to watch.

Sport does have the capacity to throw up these redemptive tales.

Golf is an elitist game run almost exclusively by privileged white men.  For a man of colour [Tiger Woods] to produce one of the greatest sporting comebacks of all time in Georgia, of all places, is incredibly satisfying.