Mid table mediocre Pars vs Falling oot the bottom Bairns

5 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

''Using more than one exclamation mark is a sign of insanity'', so I shudder to think what that monstrosity of a post classes as.

It  doesn't though.   In what way does that mark insanity fool boy?  tell me!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Imagine........?

Swedgin'!

Did Jarvis not have an overhead kick saved by Scully? Didn't think he was that rank. Certainly not in the El Bak category of mince, that's for sure.
The ref gave a foul for high feet tbf but it was a decent effort. However, for the job he was there to do IMO Todorov was more effective. Jarvis maybe be better with DKD playing too but its Todorov for me next week.

I read this thread with interest prior to the game and couldn't quite believe the number of Falkirk fans suggesting they had no chance in this game. Our home form has been turgid all season and our severe lack of creativity / goals gives the opposition an opportunity.

I would say that, had we scored first, I would have been pretty confident we would've won the game. While we were unfortunate with Ashcroft's header off the post, then we had Hippolyte's miss (preceded with what looked like a handball by a Falkirk man taking the ball onto the post), I didn't think we showed enough.

Both teams, let's be honest here, were poor and consistently gave the ball away and struggled to get into any kind of rhythm. Credit to the keeper for the penalty save, but I don't think it was Anderson's best effort, and it looked pretty obvious which side he was going to put it. Still, the ball was right at the post, so Burgoyne's done well there.

We were slow in possession, and lacked any sort of intensity and desire. I know that it was pretty much out of the question in terms of fourth, but mathematically it was still there to at least put a wee bit of pressure on Inverness, never mind make completely sure of our own safety in the league. Beadling's injury didn't help but there were far too many out there that underperformed, which has been consistent throughout the season. It was a soft goal to lose as well and, if you're Falkirk, you're looking at the ideal away day performance in their position; they asked us the question, we couldn't answer it, they carried a bit of luck and took their chance when it arrived.

I'd suggest that should give them the lift they need to at least avoid the bottom slot. If Morton lose on Tuesday, and / or we beat QoS next week, I think they are in big trouble.

As for us, I just want us to get a win to end any slight possibility we could be dragged into it, and get this season over and done with.

I thought Jarvis did okay yesterday. Didn't win a lot of headers cleanly but was holding it up quite well. Would benefit from Rudden being a bit closer to him and the midfield being pushed 10 yards further up the park. Starting Jarvis and bringing Todorov on for the last 20-30 minutes is the way to go for the last couple of games imo 

Guest Ecosse83

Not very good on the day and probably lucky to get 3 points but at this stage the performance doesn't matter at all. What matters is points and that's what we achieved.

Hopefully Inverness do us a favour on Tuesday and we get another 3 points on Saturday. It's going to be tight on the final day that's for sure!

I still can't believe we won that yesterday, our goal led a charmed life. McKenna and Edge had strange games, generally solid and dominant in the air but they both committed mistakes which could've cost us multiple goals on another day. Burgoyne is class in the sticks though, would love to have him back for next year but I think he'll go on to better things.

Osman was our best player but Dunfermline have so many guys in there just doing the same nice job without really having the creativity to make things happen. Paton is murder when we're looking to create but thought he was really useful after we scored.

Petra is a fan favourite for some on here but he was very poor, him going off changed the game, along with Todorov coming on who raised our tempo at a crucial time. Keillor-Dunn is a classy player, just a shame we can only use him once more in the regular season.

I think we have enough in the side to stay up but we'll need to be a hoor of a lot better than we were yesterday.

Great day overall - decent weather, The Elizabethan is a good pub pre-match and we beat the Fifers with a great jump about when we scored.

Our worst season in my lifetime (I'm not a kick in the arse off 30!) and we're still only 6 points behind Dunfermline.

Bit embarrassed at the absolute mess I was in at the end of the game today. My god I've watched some absolute shite this season but that topped the charts today. Fucking disgraceful. I would not give two fucks if any of those players (Scully, Todd and Bruce excepted) didn't kick a ball for us again. Spineless gutless shower of shite.

Fair doos to Falkirk for taking their chance. Big game for you guys next week.
I lost the plot at hippolyte and his lack of effort he put into scoring. Shouted something like duck off you useless munt
Yesterday was so frustrating they had zero midfield and we didn't know what to do.
Only Scully and Longridge showed any class. Harsh on Todd he was left exposed.
Like getting beat at tennis off a guy with no arms.

I lost the plot at hippolyte and his lack of effort he put into scoring. Shouted something like duck off you useless munt
Yesterday was so frustrating they had zero midfield and we didn't know what to do.
Only Scully and Longridge showed any class. Harsh on Todd he was left exposed.
Like getting beat at tennis off a guy with no arms.
Whilst we had zero midfield going forward, Abdul Osman (midfield) was comfortably the best player on the park precisely because he prevented your midfield from doing anything.

Hats off to the ex Bairns for doing their bit though... Hippo missing when it was easier to score, Ryan Blair shelling balls out the park and James Craigen getting leathered by a Bairn for the second time.

Really rode our luck there and not for the 1st time at EEP this season when you think back to their striker missing the open goal last time. 

Burgoyne, Edge, Todorov, DKD and Osman (MOTM) were good, McKenna, Rudden and Jarvis were OK, McGhee, McLean and Petra were poor and Dixon and Paton were brutal.

We'll need to play an awful lot better to beat Morton next week.

We got the points than God, but I think we are actually playing much worse than we were in January and Feb. That’s got to be a worry given that we have McKinnon playing the most stable of team selections week in, week out.

Maybe it was simply down to the pressure, and no-one wanting to be the guy who made the crucial mistake (although a couple of them came close to screwing it up completely).

Best signing has to be Burgoyne. That boy is tremendous. I thought McKenna would be the main man, but he has definitely gone off the boil lately (as has Dixon).

They all need to take a deep breath before next week, and understand they aren’t scrapping for a point.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Still hurting over Saturday then?
Salty tears...

Not really that bothered pal, as I've said, this season was over before Saturday. But if you want to think that I feel gutted, enjoy. If it troubled me would I share a pic of your fans gieing it laldy after the goal? 

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Football stewards need to f**k off, none of this enjoying yourself. 

At least one is getting a hug.