• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is it Brownlie who actually ducks, just in time to allow the ball safe passage into the net?

Yes... 

Indeed the Alloa goal is a thing of oddness (as well, of course, of beauty).

23 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We came back from 3 goals down to earn a draw in the first game V Alloa at Palmerston with a DOBBIE hat-trick and should have won that game in the end , according to the Alloa Manager then also. The only game we deservedly lost was our previous visit to The Recs when we went down by 2-0.  

I don't think that's the case, I recall Goodwin saying he felt we could have won that game even after it went to 3-3 with Flannigan hitting the post and also a penalty claim. Think we'd all feel that was very much 2 points that got away. Would agree that 10 points from QoS flatters us though, although at the same time we haven't taken the amount of points our play probably merited against some other teams. 

15 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

Just watched the goal again, six times, and  I still can’t fathom out what the three defenders on or around the line were doing. It’s like someone had nailed their feet to the grass.

I thought at the time Jack was culpable but I’m less sure now.  The ball just seemed to swirl about, apparently hypnotising the 11 Queens players who were all in the penalty area at the time.

From behind the goals it looked like the ball was hanging in the air then very suddenly blew down towards the goal when the wind caught it. Tricky to defend. That said, hard to have much sympathy for the QoS defence when they had struggled so badly even with simple balls into the box previously. Every corner, free kick and long throw seemed to cause panic. 

Edited by Waspie

4 hours ago, printer said:

Indeed the Alloa goal is a thing of oddness (as well, of course, of beauty).

Steven 'Nakata' Hetherington

26 minutes ago, Waspie said:

That said, hard to have much sympathy for the QoS defence when they had struggled so badly even with simple balls into the box previously. Every corner, free kick and long throw seemed to cause panic. 

This.

We had 3 centre halfs playing and the team doesn't lack height with the likes of Wilson and Dykes to add to that. 

We look frail every time a high ball comes into the box especially from set pieces but also from open play.

I remain convinced that our goalkeeping woes are a big factor in this but the outfield players carry some responsibility too.

20 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

This.

We had 3 centre halfs playing and the team doesn't lack height with the likes of Wilson and Dykes to add to that. 

We look frail every time a high ball comes into the box especially from set pieces but also from open play.

I remain convinced that our goalkeeping woes are a big factor in this but the outfield players carry some responsibility too.

Agree not having a dominant goalkeeper that is willing to come out and gather the ball or take a forward out is a Big problem... 

25 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Agree not having a dominant goalkeeper that is willing to come out and gather the ball or take a forward out is a Big problem... 

On the subject of goalkeepers I note Alan Martin is starting for the reserves at Falkirk this afternoon. 

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

On the subject of goalkeepers I note Alan Martin is starting for the reserves at Falkirk this afternoon. 

Saving Mehmet to start on Sat then. 

Having seen the goal, my view is that Brownlie should never play for us again. Before I saw the goal, my view was that Brownlie should never play for us again.

At least it shows the benefit of having everybody back at corners. I mean, if you leave somebody up the pitch you leave yourself wide open.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Having seen the goal, my view is that Brownlie should never play for us again. Before I saw the goal, my view was that Brownlie should never play for us again.

At least it shows the benefit of having everybody back at corners. I mean, if you leave somebody up the pitch you leave yourself wide open.

Pretty sure you have just made a solid argument for leaving Brownlie up the park for corners, or possibly out the park.

14 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Pretty sure you have just made a solid argument for leaving Brownlie up the park for corners, or possibly out the park.

He'd give away a pointless free kick up the park

The big man upstairs is Obviously an Alloa Fan, 

John 3:8, "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." This verse brings out that man has no power over the wind. He cannot command the wind when, where, or how hard to blow; man has no control over it. But God does, and He uses it as it pleases Him.

Edited by whereismillar

6 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I almost agree but I go on again about it , the number of bodies in the 6 yard box is unreal and Alloa players are there to block the keeper from getting near the ball. There was a very similar corner just before the goal when keeper was blocked. Compare that with when we get a corner one or two players in 6 yard box with rest on edge of box. This allow space for keeper to come and claim the cross

Alloa had a very narrow width to the pitch, we all knew about it before hand but couldn't Queens have made better use of dykes long throw in from attacking point of view. He would have got ball into 6 yard box easily and with Wilson, McQuire, Brownie, and to a lesser extent Todd a chance to win a header

Is it Brownlie who actually ducks, just in time to allow the ball safe passage into the net?

He should never wear the Queens shirt again. In fact, we should never have signed him after being part of the Cowdenbeath side that shipped 100 goals or so in a season!!

10 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Is it possible he got a shout from behind to leave it?

Probably from an Alloa fan behind the goals. Even if Brownlie does get a shout from the keeper or another defender he should take responsibility,  deal with it and then argue about it later.  We lack players with the confidence to make decisions to deal with things. 

Is it possible he got a shout from behind to leave it?

No competent footballer would ever leave the ball in those circumstances