Alloa v Queens

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flash

Having seen the goal, my view is that Brownlie should never play for us again. Before I saw the goal, my view was that Brownlie should never play for us again.

At least it shows the benefit of having everybody back at corners. I mean, if you leave somebody up the pitch you leave yourself wide open.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Having seen the goal, my view is that Brownlie should never play for us again. Before I saw the goal, my view was that Brownlie should never play for us again.

At least it shows the benefit of having everybody back at corners. I mean, if you leave somebody up the pitch you leave yourself wide open.

Pretty sure you have just made a solid argument for leaving Brownlie up the park for corners, or possibly out the park.

The big man upstairs is Obviously an Alloa Fan, 

John 3:8, "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." This verse brings out that man has no power over the wind. He cannot command the wind when, where, or how hard to blow; man has no control over it. But God does, and He uses it as it pleases Him.

6 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Agree not having a dominant goalkeeper that is willing to come out and gather the ball or take a forward out is a Big problem... 

I almost agree but I go on again about it , the number of bodies in the 6 yard box is unreal and Alloa players are there to block the keeper from getting near the ball. There was a very similar corner just before the goal when keeper was blocked. Compare that with when we get a corner one or two players in 6 yard box with rest on edge of box. This allow space for keeper to come and claim the cross

Alloa had a very narrow width to the pitch, we all knew about it before hand but couldn't Queens have made better use of dykes long throw in from attacking point of view. He would have got ball into 6 yard box easily and with Wilson, McQuire, Brownie, and to a lesser extent Todd a chance to win a header

Is it Brownlie who actually ducks, just in time to allow the ball safe passage into the net?

He should never wear the Queens shirt again. In fact, we should never have signed him after being part of the Cowdenbeath side that shipped 100 goals or so in a season!!

10 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Is it possible he got a shout from behind to leave it?

Probably from an Alloa fan behind the goals. Even if Brownlie does get a shout from the keeper or another defender he should take responsibility,  deal with it and then argue about it later.  We lack players with the confidence to make decisions to deal with things. 

Archived