Alloa v Queens

40 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Trouten was not so good last night, kirky and cawley to start surely . 

Shields is a bit one dimensional for my liking sometimes  but hard to criticise this team .

Shields has started to grow since the turn of the year. Do agree not the greatest at Morton but has good strength and pace and his final ball into the is usually pretty good. Still believe his best position is in the centre role.

Think a big call will be  Rosco as was close to a come back for the Morton game. If fit  do we stay with the same back four or change it to bring Rosco in.  

18 hours ago, whereismillar said:

BiG game for both teams, same points , but 4 in a row is a big ask .. Dobbie being out is a blow for you guys, but will still be a heck of a tough game

Saturday is going to be Awesome..

7 in a row or riot. I want the extra £50,000.

Think a big call will be  Rosco as was close to a come back for the Morton game. If fit  do we stay with the same back four or change it to bring Rosco in.  

Agree. Based on what Jim G has done previously, I'd expect big Sam to come in with Robbo being very unlucky and dropping out. It's not what I would choose to do - I like Taggs pace beside Graham. I'm also a fan of the way Robbo plays football - in particular the quality of his passing, simple stuff keeping the ball moving, but able to play incisive balls when the opportunity arises (e.g. for Andy's goal on Tuesday).

Difficult to be too critical of the manager as the team are delivering again when the chips are down.

I think Alloa should be worried about Saturday because ....... they’re favourites to win! (haven’t checked this at bookies yet but given recent form must surely be).

I’m expecting a scrappy, turgid affair decided by a scrappy goal, hopefully for us, we’re due a break.

18 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

I think Alloa should be worried about Saturday because ....... they’re favourites to win! (haven’t checked this at bookies yet but given recent form must surely be).

I’m expecting a scrappy, turgid affair decided by a scrappy goal, hopefully for us, we’re due a break.

The bookies might consider us favourites but we don't , taking nothing for granted , full effort mentality till end of season . this is going to be a game and a half..

Queen of the South are favourites at the bookies.

We are still the only part-time in this division and I think regardless of any winning run - the pressure will always be on the bigger clubs, the amount of money they’ve pumped into it compared to us, it’d be disastrous to go down.

We’ve never won four on the bounce (don’t think we’d won three prior to Morton) in the second tier but these records are there to be broken! Despite no Dobbie, it’ll still be a hard game. Not sure if anyone mentions this but he’s not been firing on all cylinders for a while. I wrote the programme and put Kyle Jacobs as one to watch for the visitors. It’ll be a tough game and another do or die I think. Let’s hope Alloa can find some energy to put in a decent performance. Weren’t great on Tuesday but saw it out - more of the same would do!

Queen of the South are favourites at the bookies.

We are still the only part-time in this division and I think regardless of any winning run - the pressure will always be on the bigger clubs, the amount of money they’ve pumped into it compared to us, it’d be disastrous to go down.

We’ve never won four on the bounce (don’t think we’d won three prior to Morton) in the second tier but these records are there to be broken! Despite no Dobbie, it’ll still be a hard game. Not sure if anyone mentions this but he’s not been firing on all cylinders for a while. I wrote the programme and put Kyle Jacobs as one to watch for the visitors. It’ll be a tough game and another do or die I think. Let’s hope Alloa can find some energy to put in a decent performance. Weren’t great on Tuesday but saw it out - more of the same would do!
The bookies also have players to score for us who are no longer at the club. One of which is higher than our only other other striker (Dykes) and our second highest scorer (Todd) respectively. The bookies are pretty useless at this level. The first season Dobbie came back many Queens (and other sides as well I'd imagine) made a fortune off him due to the ridiculous odds they gave. Make no mistake, Alloa are the favourites for this game.

Why have you got Jacobs as the one to watch out of interest? He's our DM and breaks up play. I can't recall the last time he set up a goal and he's scored his goal for the season against Morton. That's not supposed to be me slamming you btw, I'm just curious. FWIW, our man to watch will be Todd.

If you can get a bet on the player most likely to win a tackle then pass it straight back to the opposition then Jacobs is your man. His distribution is,  mostly,  terrible.  He was putting in his usual frustrating display against Morton then scored a cracker of a goal,  as I say,  frustrating. He works hard though and has been playing with a slight injury,  which is probably the line that his admirers will use to excuse his shortcomings. 

Why have you got Jacobs as the one to watch out of interest? He's our DM and breaks up play. I can't recall the last time he set up a goal and he's scored his goal for the season against Morton. That's not supposed to be me slamming you btw, I'm just curious. FWIW, our man to watch will be Todd.

I don’t get to watch other teams play and normally it’s a clear cut one to watch - wasn’t really here, already wrote about Dobbie. Jacobs scored a decent goal recently and in the games I’ve seen has been decent in the midfield. One to watch doesn’t always need to be your top scorer. Pretty sure his goal previous to Morton was against us, so made sense from my Alloa specs!

However, sometimes I do agree that my one to watches are stabs in the dark when teams are in free fall and I don’t get the opportunity to watch them.

The bookies also have players to score for us who are no longer at the club. One of which is higher than our only other other striker (Dykes) and our second highest scorer (Todd) respectively. The bookies are pretty useless at this level.

SkyBet offering odds of 11/4 on Ross Irving to score, and 3/1 on Daniel Irving to score.

Neither of these boys have ever played for us (youth players) and Daniel Irving is a right-back. They’re 3rd and 4th favourites behind Todd and Dykes (for QoS only).

11/2 for Bell, who’s on loan at East Kilbride to score, and 6/1 for Dean Watson who we actually released in January. Callum Williams (no idea who he even is, is he even a player) is 5/1 to score, marginally ahead of Jacobs (11/2) who scored on Sat and has played every singe league game this season.

With Aird seemingly posted missing it is perm 11 from 13 starters. Jacobs looks as though he is struggling a bit with a hip injury so I would be inclined to leave him on bench.

I would go with :-

Leighfield

Fordyce Doyle Brownlie

Mercer Wilson McGuire Marshall

Stirling Dykes Todd

Use the 3 up top to do something we never do - press high up and try and keep the opposition hemmed in. Take a high defensive line and do our best to keep the ball in the opposition half.

These would be alien tactics for us but surely we can’t persist with same game plan that has yielded 5 points from a possible 33 .........can we??

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Is Dobbie out for the season?

More news expected of his injury today when more scans are done according to Naysmith.  Even if it's the least serious type of hamstring tear it'll probably be 2 weeks minimum but I'd be surprised if he's risked again this season. Shame when he's only 2 goals short of the goals per season record.