Keep, Punt or Undecided

10 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Goalkeepers
Mark Gillespie - solid keeper, has been excellent since Carson's unexpected injury which had the potential to entirely f**k our season. Keep
Trevor Carson - again, one of the best 'keepers we've had since Randolph. It'll take a while for him to get back from his injury. Keep
Rohan Ferguson - this season's shown the benefit of having a 3rd keeper and he fits the bill for this. Made his debut last week, plenty experience in lower leagues. Still only 21. Keep

Defenders
Richard Tait - Make him captain please. Keep
Liam Grimshaw - Taken a while to find a consistent spot in the team. Right back suits him rather than midfield.  Keep
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - He's already confirmed as being punted. Punt
Tom Aldred - He's been fucking brilliant. A pretty complete centre half. Keep
Peter Hartley - I love big Pete but he's spent the 2nd half of the season parked on the bench and being honest hasn't looked the same player since his injury last season. A reluctant Punt
Charles Dunne - Some boy, top value on IG. First half of the season really highlighted how much we missed his pace at the back. Keep
Christian Mbulu - Looked like he had something about him showed up well in the Irn Bru Cup games. Picked up a freak injury and hasn't been seen since. Undecided.
Liam Donnelly - Never really been near the team and when he has, he's looked like he shouldn't be. Punt
Barry Maguire - Part of the Young Team. Keep

Midfielders
Carl McHugh - Offers solid cover at centre half and midfield, but unlikely to start every week now. Still worth having around though as he wins headers & tackles. Unlikely to want to be sat on the bench as cover so it'll be no surprise if he moves on. Keep
Chris Cadden - This shift to a 433 is finally a Robinson managed Motherwell that would get the best out of Cadden. Keep
Allan Campbell - The Lanarkshire Kante. Keep
Elliot Frear - Has actually shown his worth in the past few weeks with a few important goals and assists as an impact sub. His appearance off the bench against Rangers on Sunday was quite the full circle to his debut when he looked like he was struggling with the pace and the physical side of the game up here. Punt
Ally Gorrin - He's probably the player Robinson was hoping he was getting with Bigirimana. Makes passes, keeps the ball moving, cements folk in 50/50s. Been a revelation in midfield alongside Campbell and Turnbull. Keep
David Turnbull - 10 year deal plz, never let him leave. Keep

Forwards
Curtis Main - Has spent this season looking permanently raging. 3 league goals to his name he's done a decent job as a makeshift target man but looks like he'll never score another goal for Motherwell. Needs a fresh start away from Fir Park. Punt
Gboly Ariyibi - Absolutely brilliant value in terms of chaos factor but telling that Frear's actually delivered more in terms of end product in far less game time. Undecided
George Newell - Made of glass. Currently on loan at Albion Rovers. Hasn't been near the first team in over a year. Punt
Conor Sammon - Has turned out exactly as everyone thought he would but he's shown up and from the looks of things has been a thoroughly solid pro. He's not our player and he'll be off back to Hearts. Punt
Danny Johnson - Natural finisher and goalscorer who offers absolutely nothing in any other area of the park. Currently looks redundant in our squad. Punt
Craig Tanner - He's been broken for over a year but was our one creative spark last season and it'd be interesting to see him in this new #SexyMotherwell team. Keep
Jake Hastie - 7 goals in 12 starts. Keep
Ross McCormack - He's already back at Villa. Punt
James Scott - He's not there yet but he's got all the attributes to develop into a very decent centre forward. Keep

Aye.

I expect we'll need an entirely new set of forwards and I wouldn't be surprised if we see Scott going out to someone in the Championship to get a regular game for 6 months before coming back similar to Hastie.

In addition to what you've said:-

Richard Tait:- 10 year deal and make him captain. Watching him being class at football while chucking himself about the park is great. 

Tom Aldred:- He's been probably our best centre back in about 10 years. An absolute unit and comfortable on the ball. Sadly I suspect the signing of Gallagher confirms that he'll be away. I don't think he'll struggle to get a handsomely paid gig down south for a couple of years. 

David Turnbull:- I would dance in the rain with David Turnbull.

17 minutes ago, The Master said:

You get a greenie for correctly using "uninterested" instead of "disinterested". 

As an old fart, I hate the misuse of the English language too.

However, nowadays"disinterested" seems to be accepted as a synonym for "uninterested" and vice versa.

I'm afraid the purists (like me) have to admit defeat on this one.:(

On football matters...……...

It depends which league we're in.

I'd agree with DJC mostly.

However, if we ended up in the Championship, I'd also keep Cooke, Kellerman and MacKenzie (if he's injury free!).

I doubt Popescu would hang about if we're relegated, even if we could afford his transfer fee.:(

Edited by FTOF

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark  - About as good a goalie as we can hope to have - Keep

Cammy Bell(loan)- I have absolutely no faith in him even as a back up, but Wright may well look to keep him on as he seems happy to play that role for us - Punt

Ross Sinclair - A fine third choice and potentially Clark's long term replacement - Keep

Defenders

Richard Foster - A very up and down season and he's not getting any younger. Just done enough to keep faith - Keep

Joe Shaughnessy - It seems likely he'll be out the door but he's still our first choice and one of our best defenders - Keep

Steven Anderson - Old father time seems to have caught up on Ando now, sadly. It seems he's still a capable Championship level player though, and he wants to play regularly football - Punt

Brian Easton - Needs to prove his fitness, ability isn't in question - undecided

Scott Tanser  - Another who's had an up and down season but largely he's been fine - Keep

Liam Gordon - Has proved himself to be a very competent third choice and needs a run now that bottom six has been confirmed - Keep

Aaron Comrie - Pish - Punt

Jason Kerr  - A sell-able asset who is class and improving all the time. He wont be with us for much longer if he keeps going the way he is - Keep

Niall Keown  - Not good enough for the side currently second bottom of the championship, shouldn't be playing for Saints when we're 7th in the Premiership - Punt

Midfielders

Drey Wright - Picked up a serious injury but was probably our player of the year before that. The fact he's still near the top of the WAP standings for Man of the match awards speaks volumes - Keep

David Wotherspoon - He's trusted by the manager based on his past form for us. If we're being honest, it's been mostly downs for Spoony over the last couple of years but still capable at this level - Keep

Blair Alston - A player who looks somewhere between a championship and premiership player. Hasn't really worked out for him at Saints and would probably benefit from a fresh start elsewhere - Punt

Murray Davidson - I hope I'm wrong but he's a player who seems to be creaking a bit now. Perhaps not surprising given his age and injury record. Still a very good player on his day - Keep

Ross Callachan - The heir apparen to Murray Davidson. Whenever he plays we seem susceptible to counter attacks. Wouldn't be devastated if he left but he's just about done enough to stay - Keep

Liam Craig - He's had a good season when sitting deep but his legs don't really look up to playing further forward now. Still a good option. Keep

Sean Goss (loan)- Doesn't suit the team and  our record with him in the team is atrocious. Punt

Kyle McClean - Haven't seen enough of him to pass comment. Probably still young enough to justify the manager giving him another year if he's so inclined - undecided

Ali McCann - Looks a good prospect. Keep

Matty Kennedy - He's had a good first season. He's proven himself versatile, has scored and set up quite a few goals. Maybe needs to be a bit more consistent but deserves to stay. Keep

Danny Swanson - Based on this season, he's a punt. Based on his first two spells, he's a keep. Happy to give him pre-season and the cup games but if he left now he'd be no real loss to the team - Keep (just)

Strikers

David McMillan - sadly doesn't look up to playing at this level. He's been unlucky with injuries and circumstance but ultimately he'd probably be better off going down a level or back to Ireland - Punt

Chris Kane  - A decent third choice striker, probably no more - Keep

Tony Watt - I like Tony Watt but he's been expensive for a 3 league goal return and has been poor since the winter break. The fact we know he's going makes this one easy, but I'd have happily seen him year for another year - Punt

Michael O'Halloran - Only starting to get himself up to speed. His pace can be devastating and Tommy Wright knows how to get the best ouf of him - Keep

Callum Hendry - Very injury prone but looks a decent. Not sure I'd want him starting every week at this stage though - Keep

6 punts, 2 undecided and one of the 'keeps' is likely to leave of his own accord.

Edited by Kyle

Lewis - Keep

Cerny - About as good as it gets for a back up - Keep

Rogers - Never really saw it with him. Happy for him to go - Punt

Logan - Not as good as he was but still good enough for this level. Could be done with some competition though - Keep

Lowe - Would love to keep him but there will be no chance of him coming back - Keep

Considine - Steady back up - Keep

Devlin - Keep

McKenna - Keep

Hoban - Would offer him a deal on a low weekly wage heavily incentivised but I think he'll easily pick up a club in England. Wouldn't break the bank for him due to injury troubles - Undecided

Roscoe - Have heard good things about him. McInnes doesn't fancy him obviously as he still trains with the reserves when he is back up the road - Undecided

Ball - Steady back up. Again wouldn't break the bank for him so if someone else can be found... - Undecided

Shinnie - We all know he is away - Keep

Gleeson - Looked a neat and tidy player at the start but hasn't been able to break in to the team. He'll be on a decent wage so makes sense for him to go elsewhere - Punt

Campbell - Looks like he'll be a stalwart for years to come - Keep

Ferguson - Signing of the season IMO - Keep

Frank Ross - Struggled with injury this year. Worth another year to see if he has it - Keep

Stewart - We won't be able to compete with the wages the **** can offer - Punt

GMS - He can stay but I wouldn't be breaking the bank for him. We all know he's offski anyway - Keep

McGinn - Not the force he was but he's still a very good player, if lacking consistency - Keep

McLennan - If he improves his decision making in the final third then we'll likely only get another year out of him - Keep

Wright - Last chance saloon for the lad - Keep

Cosgrove - Hopefully not just a purple patch. Looks a far more confident player these days - Keep

Wilson - Punt

May - Puts in a power of work but that should be the bare minimum for someone on his wage. He can go if we get a replacement in - Punt

Anderson - Would like to see him given more chances when we play with a front two - Keep

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Aye.

I expect we'll need an entirely new set of forwards and I wouldn't be surprised if we see Scott going out to someone in the Championship to get a regular game for 6 months before coming back similar to Hastie.

In addition to what you've said:-

Richard Tait:- 10 year deal and make him captain. Watching him being class at football while chucking himself about the park is great. 

Tom Aldred:- He's been probably our best centre back in about 10 years. An absolute unit and comfortable on the ball. Sadly I suspect the signing of Gallagher confirms that he'll be away. I don't think he'll struggle to get a handsomely paid gig down south for a couple of years. 

David Turnbull:- I would dance in the rain with David Turnbull.

Realised I'd missed out Adam Livingstone. It's pretty much a make or break season for him. When you look at the impact his peers have made you'd hope that'd be an incentive.

Craigan was in the press talking about Hastie basically sacking off his holidays and spending the summer putting in graft having arrived back like a fat kid at school the previous season and it still feels like a summer in the gym getting swole would help Livingstone kick on as technically he has the attributes but even players in the age group below him (Scott, MacDonald and even Semple) are looking increasingly better developed physically.

Genuinely hope he's able to make a go of it because he's got a cracking left foot.

35 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Realised I'd missed out Adam Livingstone. It's pretty much a make or break season for him. When you look at the impact his peers have made you'd hope that'd be an incentive.

Craigan was in the press talking about Hastie basically sacking off his holidays and spending the summer putting in graft having arrived back like a fat kid at school the previous season and it still feels like a summer in the gym getting swole would help Livingstone kick on as technically he has the attributes but even players in the age group below him (Scott, MacDonald and even Semple) are looking increasingly better developed physically.

Genuinely hope he's able to make a go of it because he's got a cracking left foot.

Without wanting to pile the pressure on him this is probably fair enough. Our succession of woeful left backs since Hammell begun to drop out the team is quite something so if he puts his mind to it and has the talent there's a wide open spot in the first team for him.

Grimshaw's been great at RB but I'd still rather see Tait over there and a proper left back that's not slow as a week in the jail (Chalmers), made of wet cardboard and parcel tape (ATS) or fucking shite at football (Straker).

Alright, let's try and do this savagely. If everyone stayed I'd be delighted.

Goalkeepers
#1:      Liam Kelly - Give him a big ass new contract plz. Keep
#21:   Ross Stewart (23) - I have no idea if he's any good or not. If he's not expensive, and he's happy sitting on the bench, keep him around. Keep

#20:   Gary Maley (35) - We probably need a 3rd choice keeper. Cheap. Keep.

Defenders
#5:     Ciaron Brown (20) - I'd happily have him back if Cardiff would loan/release him. Looks like he's got potential. Clearly isn't a left back, but hasn't looked out of his depth there. Keep.
#28:  Cameron Clark (17) - Kid. Potential. Keep
#31:  Declan Gallagher (27) - Arguably POTS. Motherwell have got a bargain there. Already gone.
#26:  Craig Halkett (23) - Seeing him line up against us in maroon next year is gonna suck. Hope they win the cup and he gets a european jaunt. Already gone
#3:     Ricki Lamie (25) - Great first season. Shame about the injuries. Keep
#4:     Alan Lithgow (30) - Deserves a new contract Keep
#14:  Hakeem Odoffin (20) - Looked excellent against Celtic. Definite potential. Keep

Midfielders
#24:  Cameron Blues (20) - Not sold on him tbf. I'm not convinced he'll improve enough. Punt.
#6:     Shaun Byrne (25) -  Probable new captain. Would be well deserved. Keep
#23:  Raffaele De Vita (30) - <3 Keep
#7:     Keaghan Jacobs (28) - Other POTS candidate. Signed a new contract, so definitely staying, and I'm delighted. Keep
#15:  Steven Lawless (28) - Can't get into the team now, which is a bit of a surprise. He was great for the first few months of the season. Think it says more about everyone else than him. Keep.
#33:  Steve Lawson (23) - Most improved player by a mile. If we don't get him signed ona . new deal then someone's getting a bargain in a years time. Keep
#8:     Scott Pittman (25) - The man would run through brick walls for this club. Our attitude is what's got us where we are, and he's the epitome of this. Keep
#17:  Scott Robinson (26) - Didn't realise how much we missed him until he was gone. Been great since he's come back into the team. Keep
#10:  Craig Sibbald (22) - Up there with Lawson for most improved. Deserves his starting spot right now. Couple of good goals in the mix. Keep
#39: Gregg Wylde (27) - Hasn't made the grade for whatever reason. Shame. Punt.

Attackers
#19:  Chris Erskine (31) - Gets a lot of criticism from fans for some reason. I think he's done pretty well as part of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1. Keep.
#9:    Ryan Hardie (21) - Would love to keep him if we could afford him, but the rumoured 1.5k/week is steep. Borderline.
#45:  Dolly Menga (25) - Like Robbo, we didn't realise how much we missed him until he was gone. Mega frustrating, but the most box-office player we have. <3 Dolly. Give him a new deal. Keep.
#18:  Lee Miller (35) - Doesn't look like his legs have it any more, which is a shame. Maybe we can find a coaching job for him. Punt.
#22:  Scott Tiffoney (19) - Highest potential of the kids we signed in the summer. Keep.

Edited by thruthenight

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Punt Wylde and Brown and that's it

I reckon Wylde would do better in the 4-2-3-1 we're playing rather than him being a wing back, would like to see him there before saying we should definitely be punting/keeping him though. Brown I would be happy with us keeping if he was released or sent back out on loan, seems happy to play anywhere he's needed and I think the more game time he got the better he started to look. 

The players currently at Celtic on permanent deals

Gordon - Undecided

Izaguirre - Punt

Hendry - Punt

Simunovic - Undecided

Bitton - Punt

Brown - Keep

Griffiths - Keep

Bayo - Keep

Sinclair - Keep

Gamboa - Punt

Hayes - Punt

Christie - Keep

Rogic - Keep

Allan - Already being Punted

Boyata- Punting himself

Ntchan - Keep

Edouard - Keep

Lustig - Punt

De Vries - Punt

Bain - Keep

Compper - Punt

Ajer- Keep

McGregor- Keep

Forrest - Keep

Ralston - Punt on loan

Tierney - Keep

Johnston - Keep

Kouassi - Punt

The players currently on loan at Celtic

Toljan- Punt

Arzani- Punt

Burke - Keep

Weah- Keep

Benkovic - Keep (although Brendan will be thinking the same thing at Leicester)

The players currently loaned out

Morgan - Keep

Benyu - Punt

Mulumbu - Punt

C. Miller - Punt

C. Hazard - Keep

Gutman - Undecided

Perez - Undecided

Shved - Keep

Doohan - Keep

Edited by senorsoupe

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Lewis - Keep

Cerny - About as good as it gets for a back up - Keep

Rogers - Never really saw it with him. Happy for him to go - Punt

Logan - Not as good as he was but still good enough for this level. Could be done with some competition though - Keep

Lowe - Would love to keep him but there will be no chance of him coming back - Keep

Considine - Steady back up - Keep

Devlin - Keep

McKenna - Keep

Hoban - Would offer him a deal on a low weekly wage heavily incentivised but I think he'll easily pick up a club in England. Wouldn't break the bank for him due to injury troubles - Undecided

Roscoe - Have heard good things about him. McInnes doesn't fancy him obviously as he still trains with the reserves when he is back up the road - Undecided

Ball - Steady back up. Again wouldn't break the bank for him so if someone else can be found... - Undecided

Shinnie - We all know he is away - Keep

Gleeson - Looked a neat and tidy player at the start but hasn't been able to break in to the team. He'll be on a decent wage so makes sense for him to go elsewhere - Punt

Campbell - Looks like he'll be a stalwart for years to come - Keep

Ferguson - Signing of the season IMO - Keep

Frank Ross - Struggled with injury this year. Worth another year to see if he has it - Keep

Stewart - We won't be able to compete with the wages the **** can offer - Punt

GMS - He can stay but I wouldn't be breaking the bank for him. We all know he's offski anyway - Keep

McGinn - Not the force he was but he's still a very good player, if lacking consistency - Keep

McLennan - If he improves his decision making in the final third then we'll likely only get another year out of him - Keep

Wright - Last chance saloon for the lad - Keep

Cosgrove - Hopefully not just a purple patch. Looks a far more confident player these days - Keep

Wilson - Punt

May - Puts in a power of work but that should be the bare minimum for someone on his wage. He can go if we get a replacement in - Punt

Anderson - Would like to see him given more chances when we play with a front two - Keep

Agree with all of that apart from May, he can stay.

Marciano - Best Keeper we've had for years - Keep.
Bogdan - 2nd Best keeper we've had for years. Probably too expensive but would still like him to stay - Keep.

Gray - Keep. Obviously.
Whittaker - Punt.
Hanlon - Keep.
Stevenson - Keep.
Nelom - WTF?! Punt.
Johnson - Punt.
McGregor - Keep
Spector - Not seen too much of him but based on his pedigree I would Keep.
Porteous - Keep.

Milligan - He's integral to the way we play under PH. Keep.
Bartley - Keep. Just.
Slivka - Keep.
Boyle - Keep.
Horgan - Keep. The f*kn boy.
Gauld - With Allan coming in I don't really see a place for Gauld, which is a shame. Punt.
Mallan - Keep.
Agyepong - Punt.
Bigirimana - See Nelom.
Murray - Keep. I'm excited to see more of him next season.
Omeonga - I can't see it but I'd love for him to stay. Keep.

Kamberi - Keep.
Shaw - Despite being one of the most talented young players in Europe, I just don't think he is good enough. Punt.
Allan - Not good enough either. Punt.
McNulty - Break the bank for him. Keep.