Keep, Punt or Undecided

With the season nearly up it's time for us, the fans to disregard contracts, finances and in some cases logic and decide who you'd like your squad to keep and punt for next season. I'm going to do my squad based on the nearly guaranteed assumption we'll be in the Championship next season.

Seny Dieng - Loan deal, if we can keep him it'd be amazing. He's out of contract at the end of the season but don't know if he'll want to stay in England. - Keep.

Elliot Parish - Unbothered. If cheap, keep as back-up, but I'd Punt.

Jack Hamilton - Dreadful keeper, but with another 2 year on his deal I doubt we'll be able to offload. I'd Punt.

Cammy Kerr - Keep.

James Horsfield - Punt.

Andrew Davies - Punt.

Kerr Waddell - Punt.

Genseric Kusunga - Could be good for us in the Championship, but f**k it, Punt.

Darren O'Dea - Punt.

Josh Meekings - Punt.

Nathan Ralph - Shocking start, but one of our few bright points of the season. Very decent LB. - Keep.

Ryan McGowan - Not a CH - Punt.

Martin Woods - Punt into the sea.

Ethan Robson - Supposed Sunderland wonderkid. He can follow in Martin Woods' footsteps. Punt.

Paul McGowan - Wouldn't mind him staying another year with us in the Championship. Probably purely keeping him out of loyalty as he's looked done at points this season. - Keep.

John O'Sullivan - Looks half decent. Doesn't impose himself enough but Championship stint could be good for him. I'd Keep if possible.

Andreas Hadenius - Punt.

Jesse Curran - Could be effective in the Championship? Hugely frustrating but I'd Keep.

Scott Wright - Unlikely Aberdeen would give us him for a stint in the league below but I would Keep.

Andy Dales - Punt.

Craig Curran - A striker more suited for a relegation scrap than a promotion push IMO. I like him and he will stay due to the length of his contract but on the basis that we could do better - Punt.

Kenny Miller - A 40 year old Kenny Miller is ridiculous. I didn't want him to sign, but he's the most intelligent forward we have, will have his uses - Keep.

Andy Nelson - Our only genuine top flight talent IMO. - Keep.

Jim McIntyre - Follow Martin Woods. - Punt into the sea.

So for a Championship assault next season, we've got the following side assembled:

Dieng

Kerr - ??? - ??? - Ralph

Curran/O'Sullivan - McGowan - ??? - Todd

Nelson - Miller

Going on the formality that there's no chance we will have Wright next season. I'd like to hope McGowan would be a back-up option as would Jesse Curran and Kenny Miller, but not the worst basis of a side to have a go at bouncing straight back up.

If we did manage to miraculously stay up I'd add Kerr, McGowan, Curran and possibly Miller to the bin list. We need that big a clear out.

Over to the rest of you now, who would you bullet and keep?

Edited by Ludo*1

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's harsh man. :( Anyone else you'd keep for next season?

Jokes M9.*

I think I would keep Waddle and give El Bak another chance.

Spoiler

* Still pissed off about "Most hated player" thread.

Edited by johnnydun

Definitely keep:

Hladky, P. McGinn, Popescu, Erhahon, Baird, Muzek, Magennis, Flynn, MacPherson

Possibly keep:

S. McGinn, Mullen, Tansey, Corbu, Cooke

Can/will go:

MacKenzie, Nazon, Dreyer, Lyons, Jackson, Ferdinand, Holmes, Kellermann, Hodson, McAllister, Rogers

Keep - Woods,Fulton, McGowan, Kilgallon, Ziggy, Martin, Miller, Oakley, Davies, Mimnaugh, Smith, Andreu.

Punt - McMann, Want, Sowah,Tshambles, Daz, McMillan, Penny, Taiwo, Boyd.

The rest not fussed either way.

O Marciano - (Andy who?) Keep
A Bogdan - (Another solid choice) Keep

D Gray - Keep.... forever and ever xxx
S Whittaker - (Was never a great defender. Has lost his attacking threat) Punt
P Hanlon - (100% dedicated to the club) Keep
L Stevenson - (Both cup medals. Where's that statue?) Keep
M Nelom - (Needs more games) Undecided
D Johnson - (Needs more games) Undecided
D McGregor - (Keep those studs high m8) Keep
J Spector - (Only just arrived. Did fine under pressure at Tynie) Undecided
R Porteous - (Still a young lad, has done reasonably well so far) Keep

M Milligan - (Fairly solid all round) Keep
M Bartley - (An absolute bruser) Keep
D Horgan - (Sign this man up forever) Keep
V Slivka - (Scored at Ibrox, that's about it) Punt
M Boyle - (Unlucky with injuries. Great when on form) Keep
R Gauld - (On loan, needs more games) Undecided
S Mallan - (Can score from nothing when on form) Keep
T Agyepong - (On loan, needs more games) Undecided
G Bigrimana - (On short term deal, not getting a look in) Punt
F Murray - (Not getting much time at the moment but bags of potential) Keep
S Omeonga - (On loan, Serie A experience) Keep

M McNulty - (Scoring goals) Keep
F Kamberi - (Needs to find goal form again) Keep
O Shaw - (Our only other backup at the moment) Keep

Only 3 players out of that I would punt. prettygood.png

Keep: Marciano, Gray (10 year deal plz), McGregor, Porteous, Hanlon, Stevenson, Omeonga (loan), McNulty (loan), Kamberi, Horgan, Milligan, Bartley, Boyle, Slivka, Mallan

Punt: Bogdan (purely because he won’t want to sit on the bench) Nelom, Johnson, Bigirimana, Shaw (on loan), Spector, Whittaker, Gauld, Agyepong, 

Edited by Zing.

Goalkeepers
Mark Gillespie - solid keeper, has been excellent since Carson's unexpected injury which had the potential to entirely f**k our season. Keep
Trevor Carson - again, one of the best 'keepers we've had since Randolph. It'll take a while for him to get back from his injury. Keep
Rohan Ferguson - this season's shown the benefit of having a 3rd keeper and he fits the bill for this. Made his debut last week, plenty experience in lower leagues. Still only 21. Keep

Defenders
Richard Tait - Make him captain please. Keep
Liam Grimshaw - Taken a while to find a consistent spot in the team. Right back suits him rather than midfield.  Keep
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - He's already confirmed as being punted. Punt
Tom Aldred - He's been fucking brilliant. A pretty complete centre half. Keep
Peter Hartley - I love big Pete but he's spent the 2nd half of the season parked on the bench and being honest hasn't looked the same player since his injury last season. A reluctant Punt
Charles Dunne - Some boy, top value on IG. First half of the season really highlighted how much we missed his pace at the back. Keep
Christian Mbulu - Looked like he had something about him showed up well in the Irn Bru Cup games. Picked up a freak injury and hasn't been seen since. Undecided.
Liam Donnelly - Never really been near the team and when he has, he's looked like he shouldn't be. Punt
Barry Maguire - Part of the Young Team. Keep
Adam Livingstone - Make or break for him. Made his debut at the end of the 16/17 season but hasn't made the impact his peers have. Still looks like he could do with a summer in the gym given the physical development of his contemporaries along with the likes of Scott, MacDonald and Semple in the age group below. We need left back options and he's quick, can put crosses in and hit free kicks so if he can sort out the physical side the position's there for him. Keep

Midfielders
Carl McHugh - Offers solid cover at centre half and midfield, but unlikely to start every week now. Still worth having around though as he wins headers & tackles. Unlikely to want to be sat on the bench as cover so it'll be no surprise if he moves on. Keep
Chris Cadden - This shift to a 433 is finally a Robinson managed Motherwell that would get the best out of Cadden. Keep
Allan Campbell - The Lanarkshire Kante. Keep
Elliot Frear - Has actually shown his worth in the past few weeks with a few important goals and assists as an impact sub. His appearance off the bench against Rangers on Sunday was quite the full circle to his debut when he looked like he was struggling with the pace and the physical side of the game up here. Punt
Ally Gorrin - He's probably the player Robinson was hoping he was getting with Bigirimana. Makes passes, keeps the ball moving, cements folk in 50/50s. Been a revelation in midfield alongside Campbell and Turnbull. Keep
David Turnbull - 10 year deal plz, never let him leave. Keep

Forwards
Curtis Main - Has spent this season looking permanently raging. 3 league goals to his name he's done a decent job as a makeshift target man but looks like he'll never score another goal for Motherwell. Needs a fresh start away from Fir Park. Punt
Gboly Ariyibi - Absolutely brilliant value in terms of chaos factor but telling that Frear's actually delivered more in terms of end product in far less game time. Undecided
George Newell - Made of glass. Currently on loan at Albion Rovers. Hasn't been near the first team in over a year. Punt
Conor Sammon - Has turned out exactly as everyone thought he would but he's shown up and from the looks of things has been a thoroughly solid pro. He's not our player and he'll be off back to Hearts. Punt
Danny Johnson - Natural finisher and goalscorer who offers absolutely nothing in any other area of the park. Currently looks redundant in our squad. Punt
Craig Tanner - He's been broken for over a year but was our one creative spark last season and it'd be interesting to see him in this new #SexyMotherwell team. Keep
Jake Hastie - 7 goals in 12 starts. Keep
Ross McCormack - He's already back at Villa. Punt
James Scott - He's not there yet but he's got all the attributes to develop into a very decent centre forward. Keep

Edited by capt_oats

With the season nearly up it's time for us, the fans to disregard contracts, finances and in some cases logic and decide who you'd like your squad to keep and punt for next season. I'm going to do my squad based on the nearly guaranteed assumption we'll be in the Championship next season.
Seny Dieng - Loan deal, if we can keep him it'd be amazing. He's out of contract at the end of the season but don't know if he'll want to stay in England. - Keep.
Elliot Parish - Unbothered. If cheap, keep as back-up, but I'd Punt.
Jack Hamilton - Dreadful keeper, but with another 2 year on his deal I doubt we'll be able to offload. I'd Punt.
Cammy Kerr - Keep.
James Horsfield - Punt.
Andrew Davies - Punt.
Kerr Waddell - Punt.
Genseric Kusunga - Could be good for us in the Championship, but f**k it, Punt.
Darren O'Dea - Punt.
Josh Meekings - Punt.
Nathan Ralph - Shocking start, but one of our few bright points of the season. Very decent LB. - Keep.
Ryan McGowan - Not a CH - Punt.
Martin Woods - Punt into the sea.
Ethan Robson - Supposed Sunderland wonderkid. He can follow in Martin Woods' footsteps. Punt.
Paul McGowan - Wouldn't mind him staying another year with us in the Championship. Probably purely keeping him out of loyalty as he's looked done at points this season. - Keep.
John O'Sullivan - Looks half decent. Doesn't impose himself enough but Championship stint could be good for him. I'd Keep if possible.
Andreas Hadenius - Punt.
Jesse Curran - Could be effective in the Championship? Hugely frustrating but I'd Keep.
Scott Wright - Unlikely Aberdeen would give us him for a stint in the league below but I would Keep.
Andy Dales - Punt.
Craig Curran - A striker more suited for a relegation scrap than a promotion push IMO. I like him and he will stay due to the length of his contract but on the basis that we could do better - Punt.
Kenny Miller - A 40 year old Kenny Miller is ridiculous. I didn't want him to sign, but he's the most intelligent forward we have, will have his uses - Keep.
Andy Nelson - Our only genuine top flight talent IMO. - Keep.
Jim McIntyre - Follow Martin Woods. - Punt into the sea.
So for a Championship assault next season, we've got the following side assembled:

Dieng
Kerr - ??? - ??? - Ralph
Curran/O'Sullivan - McGowan - ??? - Todd

Nelson - Miller
Going on the formality that there's no chance we will have Wright next season. I'd like to hope McGowan would be a back-up option as would Jesse Curran and Kenny Miller, but not the worst basis of a side to have a go at bouncing straight back up.
If we did manage to miraculously stay up I'd add Kerr, McGowan, Curran and possibly Miller to the bin list. We need that big a clear out.
Over to the rest of you now, who would you bullet and keep?

Cant argue with your decisions there although id suggest for cammy Kerr to get himself to a weight lifting class and a protein bundle from Scott Brothers going forward, if his strength was slightly better i think he’d find more confidence in his abilities and see progression and development that so desperately lacked under McCann’s leadership.

Keep: Smith, Souttar, Uche, Hairband Haring, C-Dog Dikamona, Burns, Keena, Cochrane (Naismith if possible)

Final warning: Clare, Bozanic

Retire: Berra

Get so far to f**k that the Hubble telescope sucks air through it's teeth and grimaces: if your name hasn't been called yet, then I've got bad news

This is going to be very boring for Kilmarnock but it’s pretty much keep everyone, I’m going to try to offer a brutal view as well though.

Jamie Mac - Keep him because I doubt Bachmann will be back and, even if he is, Jamie would be a good backup. Bachmann has shown us though that we probably need someone better right enough.

SOD - Keep. Obvious reasons

Ross Millen - So I’ll be harsh here and say punt him. Of course he has been a cheap option and the backup to S(G)OD but in reality the boy probably isn’t good enough if we want to challenge for top 3 next year.

Taylor - Keep.

Waters - See Millen comments.

Findlay/Broadfoot/Boyd - Keep all of them.

Bruce - Keep him if he is happy with his current deal and position in the squad.

Power - Keep. Forever

Dicker - See above.

Iain Wilson - I think we need to keep him with Mulumbu and Tsihbola not here next season although we said that 12 months ago.

Kiltie - I personally think there is more chance of Wilson making it than Greg but that’s purely down to Wilson’s skills being more in the simpler bits of the game. Kiltie has done more in a Killie shirt than Wilson so again due to losing the loan players we need to keep him.

Frizzell - Let him go.

McKenzie - Keep.

Burke - Keep.

Boyd - Unfortunately his time is up.

Brophy- if we got a reasonable bid (not putting a price on that, just whatever the club thought acceptable) and sold him I wouldn’t be too disappointed. I love the Wolf but he isn’t fit enough to be relied upon consistently.

For the rest of the squad, and this is what worries me a bit if SSC does move on this summer, it’s really just loans or players who haven’t had any look in at all. We could lose, including Jones, up to 4 guys who would expect to start ( Bachmann, JJ, Mulumbu, McEleney ). Defensively the team would be ok but attacking options would be limited. We will bring players in of course but you never know how they would settle.

25 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

This is going to be very boring for Kilmarnock but it’s pretty much keep everyone, I’m going to try to offer a brutal view as well though.

Jamie Mac - Keep him because I doubt Bachmann will be back and, even if he is, Jamie would be a good backup. Bachmann has shown us though that we probably need someone better right enough.

SOD - Keep. Obvious reasons

Ross Millen - So I’ll be harsh here and say punt him. Of course he has been a cheap option and the backup to S(G)OD but in reality the boy probably isn’t good enough if we want to challenge for top 3 next year.

Taylor - Keep.

Waters - See Millen comments.

Findlay/Broadfoot/Boyd - Keep all of them.

Bruce - Keep him if he is happy with his current deal and position in the squad.

Power - Keep. Forever

Dicker - See above.

Iain Wilson - I think we need to keep him with Mulumbu and Tsihbola not here next season although we said that 12 months ago.

Kiltie - I personally think there is more chance of Wilson making it than Greg but that’s purely down to Wilson’s skills being more in the simpler bits of the game. Kiltie has done more in a Killie shirt than Wilson so again due to losing the loan players we need to keep him.

Frizzell - Let him go.

McKenzie - Keep.

Burke - Keep.

Boyd - Unfortunately his time is up.

Brophy- if we got a reasonable bid (not putting a price on that, just whatever the club thought acceptable) and sold him I wouldn’t be too disappointed. I love the Wolf but he isn’t fit enough to be relied upon consistently.

For the rest of the squad, and this is what worries me a bit if SSC does move on this summer, it’s really just loans or players who haven’t had any look in at all. We could lose, including Jones, up to 4 guys who would expect to start ( Bachmann, JJ, Mulumbu, McEleney ). Defensively the team would be ok but attacking options would be limited. We will bring players in of course but you never know how they would settle.

You do realise Millen only signed a 18 month contract in January......

• Seny Dieng (loanee) - Started well, but looked dodgy ever since - Punt
  • Elliot Parish - Decent as backup, not a starter - Undecided
  • Jack Hamilton - Absolutely no confidence in him - Punt
  • Cammy Kerr - Was very good two seasons ago, then everything went wrong, hopefully he can get it back - Undecided
  • James Horsfield (loanee) - Uninterested IMO - Punt
  • Andrew Davies - Sign an injury prone defender, who gets injured, then injured again - Punt
  • Kerr Waddell - Cheap backup if we are in the Championship - Keep
  • Genseric Kusunga - Bombscare, with random moments of being OK - Punt
  • Darren O'Dea - Legs have gone, could probably do a job in the Championship - Undecided
  • Josh Meekings - Get him right tae f**k - Punt
  • Nathan Ralph - Thought he was stinking, but he has turned out to be quite good - Keep
  • Ryan McGowan (loanee) - Hasnt improved us - Punt
  • Martin Woods - Theres a special place in hell for this twat - Punt - Punt - Punt - Punt - Punt - Punt - Punt - Punt
  • Ethan Robson (loanee) - Is there a player there, no - Punt
  • Paul McGowan - I love Gowser, but he looks past it - Undecided
  • John O'Sullivan (loanee) - Apart from Nelson, the only McIntyre signing who looks like a player - Keep
  • Andreas Hadenius (loanee) - Not good enough, but better than Woods - Punt
  • Jesse Curran - Not as bad as some make out - Keep
  • Scott Wright (loanee) - Moments every now and again, I think he will sign for a Motherwell / St Johnstone (safe Premiership) team - Keep
  • Andy Dales (loanee) - The white Deacon, just useless - Punt
  • Craig Curran - Runs about a lot, absolutely no ability, peak McIntyre - Punt 
  • Kenny Miller - Didnt want him, but looked OK at times - Punt
  • Andy Nelson - If he was fit, he'd be a really good signing - Keep
  • Jim McIntyre - GTF ya useless DAB cnt. - Punt - Punt - Punt - Punt - Punt - Punt - Punt - Punt

I just copied Ludo's list, and to be honest, theres not many changes. Id guess most Dee fans have pretty similar opinions, most players are clearly good enough or not good enough, theres only a few that are open for debate.

Of the players who are either on loan or whose contract is up at the end of this season:

Daniel Bachmann - rumours have been swirling about him maybe signing for THEM.  He's far too good for them and could actually do a decent job for Watford.  I highly doubt we'll be able to but I'd love to keep him.  Hands down the best keeper in the league.

Devlin McKay - Keep as backup.

Alex Bruce - I'd keep him for another season if he's willing to spend a good deal of it on the bench.

Daniel Higgins - Punt.

Youssouf Mulumbu - Would love to keep him.  Can't see it happening though.

Aaron Tshibola - Punt.

Adam Frizzell - Punt.

Mikael Ndjoli - Punt.

Conor McAleney - I think he's worth a gamble.  He's shown flashes of decency and has chipped in with a goal or two.  I'd like to see us try and get him back on loan.

Kris Boyd - Punt.  Legend though he undoubtedly is, he's done as a player.

Liam Millar - I think he has the potential to be really exciting.  I'd like to see us keep him for another season as I can't see him cracking the Liverpool first team just yet.