Coldstream v Penicuik

I think it is a disgrace that the players have to travel 50 miles for a 6.30 k.o.  meaning they will have to be at Coldstream by 5.30. I would imagine most of them will need to take time off work which can’t be correct or in some cases won’t make it full stop.

Remember we are talking about part time players 

I think it is a disgrace that the players have to travel 50 miles for a 6.30 k.o.  meaning they will have to be at Coldstream by 5.30. I would imagine most of them will need to take time off work which can’t be correct or in some cases won’t make it full stop.

Don't see the issue with it personally, its not happening every week, and is it really any different to say Jeanfield going to LTHV midweek and having to deal with rush hour traffic around Edinburgh?

Wasn't 50 miles also the supposed midweek travel limit in the juniors.

38 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Don't see the issue with it personally, its not happening every week, and is it really any different to say Jeanfield going to LTHV midweek and having to deal with rush hour traffic around Edinburgh?

Wasn't 50 miles also the supposed midweek travel limit in the juniors.

Think you have  maybe picked the wrong example as LTHV have the devils lanterns but putting that aside that would be totally wrong aswell 

46 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

The problem is Penicuik are in the title race, therefore all games have to be played by 20th April. Could've been played next midweek for an extra 15 minutes of light, but would they want to be playing Sunday-Wednesday before the Musselburgh game?

It was meant to be played on 26th January but ironically it was postponed because of the South Challenge Cup game between the same teams at Penicuik.

In the Juniors there was probably more matches waiting to be played midweek at the end of the season, so it allowed them to put the closest teams together first?

15 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The problem is Penicuik are in the title race, therefore all games have to be played by 20th April. Could've been played next midweek for an extra 15 minutes of light, but would they want to be playing Sunday-Wednesday before the Musselburgh game?

It was meant to be played on 26th January but ironically it was postponed because of the South Challenge Cup game between the same teams at Penicuik.

In the Juniors there was probably more matches waiting to be played midweek at the end of the season, so it allowed them to put the closest teams together first?

What you say makes perfect sense but it is also a reason why SFA want teams to have floodlights to obtain the license but that’s another argument 

17 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Most teams have to do it just get on with it and stop putting you’re excuses in early 

Archived