Fife vs Mo - 4th Place Fracas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone pointed out on the EF thread, this is indeed relegation form and had it not been for the good run earlier in the season we'd be fucked. 

Very disappointing end to the season and hope to f**k it's not a sign of things to come for the next campaign. 

#Allthegoodworkundone 

Awaits the stalker...

We were absolutely brilliant today. Was really glad to see they put the Arbroath defeat behind them and didn't look nervy at all with Dillon and Bolo out. Redman and Masson both had great games in midfield again but thought the two centre halves Harrington and Yano were outstanding at the back. Fully deserved three points. Enjoyed that one.

So disappointed but not surprised we lost this one. Thought Montrose were more up for it and coped with the conditions better than we did. They pressed quite high to force us to play it long which saw us launch the ball forward and out of play numerous times in the first half. We looked like a team with little confidence and to be honest never really looked like scoring again. How we are missing the impact that Rory Currie gave us from the bench !
We started poorly with defenders missing headers, players swinging a leg at the ball and making poor connections in our own box. Too often we launched the ball forward or played crosses from deep which went out for goal kicks. Yes the conditions were not great to allow good football but it was the same for both teams and Montrose coped with it and used the wind to their advantage better than we did.
We have only scored 7 goals since 26th Feb which makes it difficult for us to win games, especially when we’ve been forced into making changes at the back due to injury and suspension. I hope I’m wrong but I have always said that if we fell out the play off spot we won’t get back into it. Today hasn’t done anything to change my mind. Other teams seem to break on us much quicker than we do on them. We always seem to hold the ball up giving opponents time to get behind the ball and organised making it difficult to break them down. A lack of confidence probably contributes to this with players not wanting to take responsibility and looking to ‘pass the buck’
With three games to go it is now out of our own hands and with our current form, I can’t see where things are going to change to get us back into the play offs. I live in hope that we can finally come off the Dumbarton mantelpiece and Airdrie find some form to beat Montrose next week.
Well done to Montrose today who coped better with the conditions and deserved to win. Also congratulations to all at Arbroath FC who deservedly won the League 1 title today. I’m sure even they have been surprised that they have won it with 3 games to play despite having been on a poor run by their standards in recent weeks. It shows what can be done even by part time outfits.

Before the game started I wandered through the Mo fans and none of us could figure out who would b e playing where - so many changes to the starting line up. We had to wait until after kick-off to see how the shape would unfold but any worries about it all coming together were soon forgotten as we played as well as we have done all season. Just shows - what do we know sitting up in the stands? Good job SP knows what he's doing but I bet I wasn't the only one who wondered when I saw the teamsheet!

Who knows where that starting line up came from. Looking at the team sheet I really had the fear .. Webby at fullback?.. Ryan at centre half? Dillo missing his first game in 2 seasons? Remarkably it worked. We were by far the better side. It looked like East Fife were even more confused by the line up than us. In truth, if it had been 3 or 4 nil it wouldn’t have been undeserved. The wind was a big factor but we harnessed it much better. Loved the “we are staying up” at the end. That was our objective at the start of the season. Anything else is a bonus. SP and his team deserve a huge amount of credit for what they’ve done. This is a team that’s poorer (on paper) than the one that won the league last year. Christ knows how they’ve done it .. but I’m loving it.

Excellent stuff from Montrose and Petrie.
He's going into the DAFC Hall of Fame in a couple of weeks and hopefully he'll back in one of the dugouts at EEP in the Championship next season!

Wash your mouth out!

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Excellent stuff from Montrose and Petrie.

He's going into the DAFC Hall of Fame in a couple of weeks and hopefully he'll back in one of the dugouts at EEP in the Championship next season!

He will be in one of the dugouts at EEP next season. The away one.
SP, Mo legend !

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Any highlights going up from Saturday?

Liam had posted a link but I couldn't get it work.

Did stumble upon EFTV https://eftv.info

I wonder how much demand there is for it.

I would definitely be interested in watching live streamed Montrose matches and paying for the service.

I'm on the other side of the planet on Saturdays and sad to be missing out on the Mo's purple patch. 

Been grateful to P&B, since the message board on the official site got punted and having highlights, some games in particular, are enough but if  we have the tech, why not use it?

E.t.a. just paid £3 for whole match. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the bahookey, when they use it to sign a new striker!

Archived