Forfar v Dumbarton 13/4/19

I didn’t think this was the worse game I’d been at this season but that’s not really surprising.

i would say that the playing surface was the worst version of whatever G since east end park introduced this to us many moons ago. Very flat and looked overused not helped by the wind . How many through it long balls were uncatchable.

thought Dumbarton had best of possession early and all of second half without looking like scoring. Forfar has 2 best chances which were their only 2 on target.

thought grant adam did excellent with the 2 saves 

brad Spencer’s getting mom must have been to start a Ross Forbes fuelled debate on the sons sorrow thread or maybe nobody played very well

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

brad Spencer’s getting mom must have been to start a Ross Forbes fuelled debate on the sons sorrow thread or maybe nobody played very well

When's the last time an away player at ANY match won MotM though?  It must've changed from MotM to Home MotM about 30 years ago, for every team.

Guest bernardblack

What baffles me about our fans is any pass played back to our keeper....in doing so retaining possession, is met with boos.

But any long diagonal that goes straight out of play just giving the other team the ball, seems to be fine.

It’s odd

What baffles me about our fans is any pass played back to our keeper....in doing so retaining possession, is met with boos.

But any long diagonal that goes straight out of play just giving the other team the ball, seems to be fine.

It’s odd

Some people just don’t understand football. Don’t understand why it’s more effective to build up attacks than just hoof it aimlessly long.

7 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Some people just don’t understand football. Don’t understand why it’s more effective to build up attacks than just hoof it aimlessly long.

Unless the goalie then hoofs it aimlessly long or straight out of play. Yesterday's boos seemed more out of frustration at the poor football being played all round the park.

8 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I only make about two or three Forfar games a season and have been going since about 2008. I can safely say that it was possibly the worst game I have ever seen Forfar involved in. Absolutely woeful stuff.

I've been writing match reports for the past five seasons, and yesterday was the first time I was genuinely struggling to hit my word count. Basically nothing happened at all. It was like that football match in The Simpsons where they just bounce the ball around dead slowly. Both teams seemed pretty happy to take a clean sheet and a point (which I was to be fair) and get back down the road. That was actually our first league 0-0 since last February against Falkirk.

1 hour ago, cedrick1 said:

We played Calum Gallagher in midfield yesterday, whilst Spencer has slotted comfortably into the midfield of the 3rd best team in the division. I don't think there's any question as to whether or not we should've got rid of him. Especially with Carsy struggling to shake off this injury.

Ballantyne aside I'm not sure any player on either team deserved above a six. It's not that anyone was bad, it's just that nobody really did anything - for either side. The match sponsor could've put 11 balls in a hat, drawn one out, and I doubt anyone would've been overly surprised. 

11 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

I would say Adam also deserved more than a 6 

Meh. It was difficult to tell from the opposite end where they looked like decent enough stops - but ones where you'd question him if they went in.

They came at crucial times though, and given his form this season I'll bump him up to a 6.5. That could touch 7 once I've seen the highlights.

17 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Meh. It was difficult to tell from the opposite end where they looked like decent enough stops - but ones where you'd question him if they went in.

They came at crucial times though, and given his form this season I'll bump him up to a 6.5. That could touch 7 once I've seen the highlights.

His first half save from Baird was very good I thought ( from behind goal) especially coming so soon after whacking the post.

Archived