Forfar v Dumbarton 13/4/19

How can two teams with forward lines containing Dale Hilson, John Baird, Ross Forbes and Dom Thomas create so, so few chances? That was a rubbish game of football.

I'm very pleased with the point though, especially considering we lost Carsy in the warm-up. I didn't really give us a chance when I heard that news. Defensively we were solid, with Cammy especially (as per) looking pick of the bunch. 

If Carsy isn't fit for the next week then the only change I'd make would bringing Ben Armour in for Boris Melingui - who really, really struggled to make any form of impact as a lone forward. You can't fault his effort, but he's almost too eager to make an impression and that results in panicky decisions and cheat fouls. His positioning is also absolutely wild.

That was a scrappy game where we had most of the ball but created nothing. Forfar forced 2 decent saves from Adam. At times we looked nervous but overall happy with a point. Shame Stranraer got that last minute goal though.
How did Brad Spencer get MOTM? He done nothing all game - in fact I'd go as far as to say he was poor. None of the Forfar players really looked as good or sharp as they have in previous meetings.

Darren Whyte probably deserved MOTM if anyone.

10 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

What’s Reilly got to do to start?

Sign for Dumbarton imo :wub:

8 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Thought Boris was one of your better players today if I’m honest.

He works hard, but he spent the entire time being told by his teammates where to position himself. As Silverton says I think we saw today why he's been a last 20 sub since signing.

I thought the worst thing I'd see today was Baird's hair colour. Then the game started. Woeful stuff. Just me or did the game nearly get exciting when Easton came on? Couple of nice moves with Dale but this game was really poor. Shouldn't have joked earlier in the week about JW playing Baxter the Mascot up front.

15 minutes ago, speedframe said:
18 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:
Imagine travelling all the way from Paisley to sit and watch Irvine pass it sideways and back for 90 minutes.

Midfield was v.poor today, surely Reilly (and Easton) must start next week.

You'd think. Creativity and entertainment is sucked out the team when they don't play.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

Guest bernardblack

Not saying Dumbarton were time wasting or anything, but seemed to be quite content with a draw at the end. Would a win not keep them in the playoff hunt?

Not saying Dumbarton were time wasting or anything, but seemed to be quite content with a draw at the end. Would a win not keep them in the playoff hunt?
We're only worried about avoiding the relegation playoffs

Think the players realised if we lost a late goal we would really be in the shit

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Don't quite understand where that comes from. Think it was a scrappy and even game which both teams looked happy to hear the final whistle in. Forfar looked pretty content at the end and our players obviously realise that every point gets us a step closer to safety (which as mentioned above is our only target atm).