Why Hamilton

ThemightyHERTHA

2 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

I would not mind an extra fiver on price of admission if it helped pay for hiring Hampden, All national cup finals should be played at the national stadium.Give the players that have knocked their pans in all season a chance to grace Hampden, most would say that was the highlight of their careers to play at Hampden, i know people will argue about atmosphere and empty seats, 

I've attended two Ammy finals (Eddlewood),and a Schools final at Hampden and with both sets of fans sharing the same stand there was absolutely no lack of atmosphere and the place was jumpin' on each occasion. As both Talbot and Largs would,I imagine,bring more fans to this final,then the atmosphere would be just fine.  :)

Incidentally,in the Schools final a wiry wee ginger heided boy ran with the ball for40 yards before slotting the goal that's said to have clinched his move to Motherwell. The wee guy (he's now 6'3" :lol:) was Stephen Pearson (Pearo) and the rest,as they say,is history.:)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont see a Beyonce concert, Pink is playing the last weekend in June so theres nothing to stop the sjfa booking Hampden for the first weekend?
Obviously they’ll need to pay the going rate for the hire.

But there was talking in past tence  there and making the point in general that it's used for music when it's meant to be used for the fitbaw

47 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its gotta pay folks wages and out of the traditional football season that has to be expected, a beyonce concert will pay the wages.

What for when they still dont even own it was talk about QP selling but don't think it's went through or happened yet

But is in the works cos lesser Hampden has been revamped and is looking really good

What for when they still dont even own it was talk about QP selling but don't think it's went through or happened yet
But is in the works cos lesser Hampden has been revamped and is looking really good

Im not talking about the sfa, but my point is the owners/management of Hampden have to rent it out to pay costs and wages, whats outrageous about that? If the staff are willing to come in and work for free then maybe the costs would be less but I doubt folks will come in and work for nothing.

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im not talking about the sfa, but my point is the owners/management of Hampden have to rent it out to pay costs and wages, whats outrageous about that? If the staff are willing to come in and work for free then maybe the costs would be less but I doubt folks will come in and work for nothing.

Queens are amature so suspect that is exactly what a lot off them do maybe not the security though

4 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

I would not mind an extra fiver on price of admission if it helped pay for hiring Hampden, All national cup finals should be played at the national stadium.Give the players that have knocked their pans in all season a chance to grace Hampden, most would say that was the highlight of their careers to play at Hampden, i know people will argue about atmosphere and empty seats, but i would be more excited and proud at watching my team run out at  Hampden than the thought of them coming out on to the plastic at Hamilton.Ive heard its £30K to hire Hampden, that may be wrong, but if the crowd was around 6K an extra £5 on ticket would cover the cost of hiring, i beleive thats a price worth paying to reward our players the chance to lift the Scottish Cup at our national stadium.

So Adult tickets £15 and OAPs/children  £10 you want to charge. As this 6000 (?) crowd will likely have about 40% OAPs and children. The attendance isn't likely to be more than 5K I think it would be a few less at those prices. Is it not about 30 years since it was last at Hampden - get over it, it isn't going back there.

Ffs you are just the joys of summer. Haven't you got another thread to go on and waste,

I'm sure there is 5 threads on the pyramid so please head over there.

2 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Ffs you are just the joys of summer. Haven't you got another thread to go on and waste,

Charge for use of Hampden for Juniors makes it a definite non-starter.

You know there’s an ignore button, i’ve used it on yourself but saw you’d quoted me. I’ve no interest in engaging with muppets like yourself any further, plenty of decent Talbot fans on here yet you drag the average intelligence level down.

You know there’s an ignore button, i’ve used it on yourself but saw you’d quoted me. I’ve no interest in engaging with muppets like yourself any further, plenty of decent Talbot fans on here yet you drag the average intelligence level down.
Acht bile yer head and wheesht up.
Yet another of the burnieman crowd, why you even on this thread, away you go now [emoji8]

22 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

But there was talking in past tence  there and making the point in general that it's used for music when it's meant to be used for the fitbaw

How much football would you expect to be played on it in June or July?

Would a solution be to talk to the SAFA and arrange it on the same day? The SFA would get back some of the money that the lose with letting it for free to the ammies, plus there may be negotiation on the rate as it would be in use anyway, bigger crowd for both games. Just an idea.

Archived