Why Hamilton

ThemightyHERTHA

1 hour ago, Talbot 1978 said:
3 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:
Listen to the other guy about the geography he is bang on 

I'll bow to your better knowledge but never heard anyone refer to the area as South Ayrshire.

Talk to the Kilbirnie fans then geography Beith would be a east team to is and Largs would be west but we are all classed as North 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Smudger said:
2 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:
It's south of what was Cunningham laugh away if you want but clearly you don't know anything of what was the history they have always been a South Ayrshire team to us and always will be they can call themselves what they want

Just cos you tell yourself its south ayrshire doesn't mean it is. Did your aunt have baws aswell no wait ........

It is south if your from Kilbirnie dig out Google maps if we go east we end up in Beith get your heid straight on

This should settle it once and for all.   Achinlek is in the Province of Kyle, or was in 1654 according to Timothy Pont's map.  Cumnock didn't exist then as such, Lefno Castle which had variations on that name  is where now stands Dumfries House, near to  Cumnock.

Auchinleck in 1654, KYLE.png

1654 map of Kyle, Auchinleck area.png

9 minutes ago, Marlowe said:

This should settle it once and for all.   Achinlek is in the Province of Kyle, or was in 1654 according to Timothy Pont's map.  Cumnock didn't exist then as such, Lefno Castle which had variations on that name  is where now stands Dumfries House, near to  Cumnock.

Auchinleck in 1654, KYLE.png

1654 map of Kyle, Auchinleck area.png

And Kilbirnie was part off Cunningham also Bruce lands south off the river Garnock people look at were roads are distorting the picture instead off the hills

Why does the final have to played as late as it is.

Less rounds this season meant we have finalists sorted by first Saturday in April. Therefore the final could have been played early May. Would that not have allowed much more options of places to play.

5th May for example in Kilmarnock, Killie away on the Saturday that weekend, could that have allowed a Sunday game?

Or 5th May st Mirren away and their park still in use the week after so end of season ground maintenance wouldn’t have started?

6 hours ago, Kennie said:

It probably goes back to the days when there was 2 separate Ayrshire divisions. North Ayrshire League and South Ayrshire League.

In those days Troon played in the North Ayrshire leagues. So Troon are North Ayrshire?

Should be there for the players when they finish there career can say they played for or scored there but Boyence sells more tickets

I dont see a Beyonce concert, Pink is playing the last weekend in June so theres nothing to stop the sjfa booking Hampden for the first weekend?
Obviously they’ll need to pay the going rate for the hire.

36 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

In those days Troon played in the North Ayrshire leagues. So Troon are North Ayrshire?

'Were' a North Ayrshire team as in they played in a North Ayrshire league just as Kello Rovers, once upon a time were a South Ayrshire team because even though they are not in Ayrshire, they still played in the South Ayrshire league.

I dont see a Beyonce concert, Pink is playing the last weekend in June so theres nothing to stop the sjfa booking Hampden for the first weekend?
Nobody cares what you think ya Muppet. Just let the finalists care where the final is. You just sit and sift through the pages of pie and bovril 🤣

Which is exactly why it is never played at Hampden. The going rate is extortionate. The amateurs get it free due to a long standing historic agreement with Queens Park.

2 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
10 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Which is exactly why it is never played at Hampden. The going rate is extortionate. The amateurs get it free due to a long standing historic agreement with Queens Park.

I would not mind an extra fiver on price of admission if it helped pay for hiring Hampden, All national cup finals should be played at the national stadium.Give the players that have knocked their pans in all season a chance to grace Hampden, most would say that was the highlight of their careers to play at Hampden, i know people will argue about atmosphere and empty seats, but i would be more excited and proud at watching my team run out at  Hampden than the thought of them coming out on to the plastic at Hamilton.Ive heard its £30K to hire Hampden, that may be wrong, but if the crowd was around 6K an extra £5 on ticket would cover the cost of hiring, i beleive thats a price worth paying to reward our players the chance to lift the Scottish Cup at our national stadium.

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

I would not mind an extra fiver on price of admission if it helped pay for hiring Hampden, All national cup finals should be played at the national stadium.Give the players that have knocked their pans in all season a chance to grace Hampden, most would say that was the highlight of their careers to play at Hampden, i know people will argue about atmosphere and empty seats, but i would be more excited and proud at watching my team run out at  Hampden than the thought of them coming out on to the plastic at Hamilton.Ive heard its £30K to hire Hampden, that may be wrong, but if the crowd was around 6K an extra £5 on ticket would cover the cost of hiring, i beleive thats a price worth paying to reward our players the chance to lift the Scottish Cup at our national stadium.

Totally agree and I attended the scottish amateur Cup final in goldenhill v shortlees and despite there being loads of gaps it felt okay being in amongst about 1000 fans, you just switched off to the empty seats and enjoyed a good game on a very good grass pitch, it would without a doubt be a proud moment for players to tell their future kids and grandkids that they played at hampden, a lot different from telling them they played in a Scottish Cup final between two Ayrshire teams on a plastic pitch up in Lanarkshire. 

Archived