Celebrity c***s

6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Alan Davies! Seemingly he was very drunk in the bar one night ranting on how little he was paid compared to other comedians.

Maybe so, but he's not a comedian, is he?

8 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

What really bugs me about Alan Davies - and QI in general - is their constant interruptions and talking over each other and the host, in a vain attempt to appear funny.

Is that not the raison d'etre of those kind of shows?

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Is that not the raison d'etre of those kind of shows?

Aye, to an extent. And I agree it's hard to avoid. But imagine you were down the pub with 4 mates and you're telling an amusing / interesting story ... the odd interjection you would expect, but one of your mates launching into their own patter mid-stream would not be acceptable. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

12 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Aye, to an extent. And I agree it's hard to avoid. But imagine you were down the pub with 4 mates and you're telling an amusing / interesting story ... the odd interjection you would expect, but one of your mates launching into their own patter mid-stream would not be acceptable. 

You must have a great imagination...

8 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

True, but you might also be a bit ticked if your mate murdered someone, or shagged your missus. Telly land is a strange place.

Also, 4 mates? Fooling naebdy, Your Eminence.

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

What really bugs me about Alan Davies - and QI in general - is their constant interruptions and talking over each other and the host, in a vain attempt to appear funny.

Thought his place in QI, was to be the idiot?

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

The Cardinal has at least 2 mates...

5cb36bc13a6cb_spanishinquistion.jpg.dc423079916c07158dcb6a2f1a658abc.jpg

6 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

When Dion Dublin was stealing a wage from Celtic he was a regular in a Merchant City restaurant I worked in. He was sound as f**k, enjoyed a big bottle of Tiger Beer and often sat at the bar talking music and general shite after his dinner. I believe he was living on his Todd in a rented flat and so appreciated a bit of patter and somewhere to hang about. He was made welcome to hang about whilst we cashed up and had a staff beer with us a few times.

A few weeks into his stay he comes in midweek as usual, but this time with Roy Keane in tow, wearing a permanent scowl.

Sat him in his usual spot in the corner, got their order and left them to it after they ordered. Clearly deep in conversation I didn't want to intrude.

After dinner Dion brings Roy up to sit at the bar and they have a drink while I'm cashing up and generally sorting things to close for the night.

I'm behind the bar, directly between these two famous c***s and so say "ha, feels like I'm on Question of Sport here" and Keane aggressively spits "why the f**k's that then?"

I politely explain that I'm between two famous footballers in a panel like situation and that it wasn't particularly funny but was just a joke nonetheless.

The atmosphere is fairly shite from that point onwards. Shortly thereafter they leave.

About half an hour later as I'm about to phone myself a taxi, there's a chap on the door and it's Dion Dublin. He came back to apologise for Roy Keane saying "he's a fucking p***k" and that he was really embarrassed.

No apologies necessary, he is a p***k, but you're sound and we'll see you again soon.

Had a wee farewell night out with Dion when he was leaving Celtic, got steaming in One Up which was horrendous but then had a lock in back at the restaurant and the big man was loving a smoke.

Sound c**t Dion Dublin. Keane? w****r.

Astonished to find out Roy Keane is an arsehole.  Nothing will ever seem real again.

When Dion Dublin was stealing a wage from Celtic he was a regular in a Merchant City restaurant I worked in. He was sound as f**k, enjoyed a big bottle of Tiger Beer and often sat at the bar talking music and general shite after his dinner. I believe he was living on his Todd in a rented flat and so appreciated a bit of patter and somewhere to hang about. He was made welcome to hang about whilst we cashed up and had a staff beer with us a few times.

A few weeks into his stay he comes in midweek as usual, but this time with Roy Keane in tow, wearing a permanent scowl.

Sat him in his usual spot in the corner, got their order and left them to it after they ordered. Clearly deep in conversation I didn't want to intrude.

After dinner Dion brings Roy up to sit at the bar and they have a drink while I'm cashing up and generally sorting things to close for the night.

I'm behind the bar, directly between these two famous c***s and so say "ha, feels like I'm on Question of Sport here" and Keane aggressively spits "why the f**k's that then?"

I politely explain that I'm between two famous footballers in a panel like situation and that it wasn't particularly funny but was just a joke nonetheless.

The atmosphere is fairly shite from that point onwards. Shortly thereafter they leave.

About half an hour later as I'm about to phone myself a taxi, there's a chap on the door and it's Dion Dublin. He came back to apologise for Roy Keane saying "he's a fucking p***k" and that he was really embarrassed.

No apologies necessary, he is a p***k, but you're sound and we'll see you again soon.

Had a wee farewell night out with Dion when he was leaving Celtic, got steaming in One Up which was horrendous but then had a lock in back at the restaurant and the big man was loving a smoke.

I find him kind of amusing on Homes Under The Hammer. It’s as if he’s some ex footballer who’s had a complete meltdown, thinks he’s really a tv presenter, so keeps turning up alongside Martin and Lucy and just won’t go away [emoji1]

8 hours ago, eddiemunster said:

I would imagine most on here thought Keane was a w***** before that anecdote. Still worth a read, all the same! :thumsup2