Ross County vs Dunfermline Athletic - "The Craig Brewster and Stewart Petrie Love-In Thread (Feat. Alex Keddie)"

1 minute ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Don't get me wrong - it WAS cringeworthy.

But... You could argue that our graveyard of an atmosphere, even at such a key stage of the season, is even more cringeworthy. At another time in our history, where the crowd WAS making noise on a regular occasion, before games even kicked off, never mind before the team "gives us something to make some noise about" - at a time like that in our history, an announcer like last nights', (yes, down a notch or two), might not actually have come across as quite so weird.

It WAS cringeworthy, but at least there's some kind of attempt to bring some kind of atmosphere into the ground and get fans fired up - even if it was the wrong attempt. Hopefully more are around the corner, are better, and are successful.

I found the announcer amusing and thought he added to the atmosphere. The usual guy is a bit Smashy & Nicey for me anyway.

Don't take it so seriously.

"Ooh to Ooh to be Ooh to be a ..."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Don't get me wrong - it WAS cringeworthy.

But... You could argue that our graveyard of an atmosphere, even at such a key stage of the season, is even more cringeworthy. At another time in our history, where the crowd WAS making noise on a regular occasion, before games even kicked off, never mind before the team "gives us something to make some noise about" - at a time like that in our history, an announcer like last nights', (yes, down a notch or two), might not actually have come across as quite so weird.

It WAS cringeworthy, but at least there's some kind of attempt to bring some kind of atmosphere into the ground and get fans fired up - even if it was the wrong attempt. Hopefully more are around the corner, are better, and are successful.

Bring back Zero.

That's my answer to all atmosphere issues.

Archived