The Battle for 2nd - Edinburgh City vs Clyde

1 hour ago, Officer Barbrady said:

His game-management frankly is fucking awesome. The flat starts frustrate me like hell too, but i've rarely seen a Clyde manager understand exactly where the opponents gap exists with such precision. There are some managers who are 'lucky'- Lennon is most definitely not in that category, as we're normally steamrolling teams into submission rather than lucky breakaways, which from other teams have been our undoing for the last 10 years. I don't think anything needs addressed at all!

Completely agree. I wasn't having a moan or a go at the manager or players. Sometimes plan A for some reason doesn't work. My comment was only meant as praise for having a manager and a squad that can adapt in game. There are teams at a much higher level that struggle to do that. 

12 minutes ago, Clyde_1977 said:

Completely agree. I wasn't having a moan or a go at the manager or players. Sometimes plan A for some reason doesn't work. My comment was only meant as praise for having a manager and a squad that can adapt in game. There are teams at a much higher level that struggle to do that. 

And at the worst- the absolute, very very worst- we'll have a bash at one of those exact teams for a spot in L1. Be it Stranraer or Brechin, or an Annan side we already have figured out. Personally- i want it to be Brechin, to finally exorcise the demons of 2004. 

i want it to be Brechin, to finally exorcise the demons of 2004. 

Utter shout my friend [emoji122]

I swear tae f**k if this team dont go up utter travesty. Im old enough to appreicate and respect but we are as good teams of Alloa. QP and arbroath in that order from recent years..

Play offs if that route freak me out

And at the worst- the absolute, very very worst- we'll have a bash at one of those exact teams for a spot in L1. Be it Stranraer or Brechin, or an Annan side we already have figured out. Personally- i want it to be Brechin, to finally exorcise the demons of 2004. 
spot on [emoji106]

Utter shout my friend [emoji122]

I swear tae f**k if this team dont go up utter travesty. Im old enough to appreicate and respect but we are as good teams of Alloa. QP and arbroath in that order from recent years..

Play offs if that route freak me out

phenomenal team spirit few players have told me they have never been in a dressing room like it[emoji106]

that aligned with some smashing players can take a long way.

the job Lennon and moore have done to create that and nurture the togetherness with the fans you simply can't quantify
A total class act on and off the pitch

My thoughts on the game can probably be best summarised by the text I sent my wife about 15 seconds after the Clyde winner, “I’ll be home early and I’m not going to the playoff game”*.

*I actually will but heat of the moment and all that.

Other than my macaroni pie and a reasonable performance from Danny Galbraith that wasn’t a particularly pleasant way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Interesting to see some of the grass banking opened up yesterday, that did make the crowd more manageable. My thoughts on Ainslie Park are well documented on this forum so I won’t rehash any of that.

Feel free to contribute any time Edinburgh!

Or are you all still bubbling into your bubbly?

Yesterday was really disappointing, our form seems to be in free fall at the minute.
A bit jealous that you lot have possibly got one more crack at the title after Peterhead dropping points to Albion. Frustratingly as someone already mentioned, with our points total in any other season we’d have it in the bag already but I’ve said it before, I’d have bitten you’re arm off to be in a 1st Division play-off at the start of the season.
In all honesty, the form you’re in at the moment I’d prefer our chances with Peterhead in the play-off’s.

Yesterday was really disappointing, our form seems to be in free fall at the minute.
A bit jealous that you lot have possibly got one more crack at the title after Peterhead dropping points to Albion. Frustratingly as someone already mentioned, with our points total in any other season we’d have it in the bag already but I’ve said it before, I’d have bitten you’re arm off to be in a 1st Division play-off at the start of the season.
In all honesty, the form you’re in at the moment I’d prefer our chances with Peterhead in the play-off’s.
maybe the cup runs are coming back to haunt Edinburgh or possible not a good depth of squad ?
still in the play offs and still in with a chance of going up. yesterday is a big psychological blow if we meet in the play offs that's 3 on the bounce

going to a nerve jangling end to the season

maybe the cup runs are coming back to haunt Edinburgh or possible not a good depth of squad ?
still in the play offs and still in with a chance of going up. yesterday is a big psychological blow if we meet in the play offs that's 3 on the bounce

going to a nerve jangling end to the season

Possibly a mixture of both, we certainly miss players when they’re injured, Mark Laird being the obvious one for the last couple of games and Danny Handling has been out long term since the Arbroath game in November. Looking back, the form for the 1st half of the season was phenomenal but we haven’t managed to beat any of the other top 5 teams during the 2nd half of the season (although we have at least held Peterhead to 2 draws and only played Stirling the once).

Pie yesterday was class. Fair play. 
last time I was there they handed out the pies/ sausage rolls that weren't sold nice touch i thought .mind you it was about 5 mins after I had bought a macaroni pie[emoji23] ( superb by way ) didn't stop me having a sausage roll which again was top notch

Wasn’t a fan of Norway to start with but he really has came on to a game now in recent months, he’s still only 20 years old he could be a top player in the future, needs to work on his speed tho seems like he rans, walks, jogs at the same pace