The Battle for 2nd - Edinburgh City vs Clyde

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Yes, that's what I meant - I phrased it badly.

I'm just as bad. He was a registered Clyde player, but his eligibility for recall from his loan had expired, and we did so after the deadline. Only signing a free agent, or a development loan (like Banks) which i can only assume hadn't come to fruition, would have been permitted. 

4 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

I’ll be practising my vocal scales all week for this upcoming fixture.

My prediction; 2-1 Clyde and myself being threatened with and/or papped out by half time

Bring a baseball- It's a holiday weekend in Edinburgh and the Sheriff Court doesn't sit until Tuesday...

5cab7b1867e56_stevemcqueen.jpg.1d32c89d20fae9c5b646e605ce1b2360.jpg

Clyde have been the form team since January so they'll probably win.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Bring a baseball- It's a holiday weekend in Edinburgh and the Sheriff Court doesn't sit until Tuesday...

5cab7b1867e56_stevemcqueen.jpg.1d32c89d20fae9c5b646e605ce1b2360.jpg

Clyde have been the form team since January so they'll probably win.

The possession of a mere baseball gets the gaol now? Fucking softies.

48 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

I'd say it was pretty important could make a difference to the playing budget.

A whopping £60 a week- you're not convincing six players to come to us for the sake of a tenner- behave. 

The real earner, if not this Saturday alone, will be for Edinburgh if they go on, secure 2nd, and then have us at home in the second leg. You lot, getting us twice in a month, is a major disadvantage to us, given your shite numbers. Not only would you pocket that 3k, but most likely also double that this weekend, and again in May. So- £15k for you, an addition of more than 25% of your prize money on top- and what for Clyde? Not even a grand through the away gate from the home leg, probably barely a monkey on  Tuesday night. Nice. 

I do fancy we'll finish in 2nd, 3 behind Pedro, to rub salt in the wounds, and the above scenario won't play out quite as bad. We'd likely not bring that many to the first-leg, so one saving grace is hopefully not being rinsed by the Edinburgh PIE franchise on that occasion.

I'd say it was pretty important could make a difference to the playing budget.
3k is better than nothing but hardly a game changer As said second gets you second leg at home always think that's a bit of an advantage ( that said made no difference to stenny last year ) will also give us more gate money, again for the final would depend who wins 4th v team dropping from Div 1