Berwick v QP

On 08/04/2019 at 16:37, Mick1867 said:

The alleged victim was telling us about it in the pub in Coatbridge after Saturday's game

At the last midweek game, he was having some banter with the guy who runs the van about the difference in price between a portion of chips and a portion of chips n cheese. Nothing serious, he was still going to buy them. The guy went mental at him :lol:

"I run  this place, not you! I set the prices, not you! What I say the prices are, that's what they are!"

"Awright Chairman Mao, calm doon"

"That's it! You are barred! Don't serve him, don't serve him ever again!"

Quite right, total scumbag behaviour :lol: 

You'll be ok for your Chips n Cheese as the guy that runs the chip van is playing upfront.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berwick should be ok today as long as Robert Bloody Liability Wilson is not playing!

I really wish I could be there today but unfortunately family commitments have to come first.

Best of luck chaps and fingers firmly crossed re. the Clyde decision.

Just about the whole PnB L2 forum seems to be consumed by the SFA's whataboutery. I'm simply looking forward to another opportunity for my favourite team to go out and prove again they are better than their league position would suggest. It's a good time for us with flowing football being the prominent style and our dysfunctional season allowing the head coach the breathing space now to blood some of the young talent that our excellent youth system has brought out.  The weather is with us and everything is right for a display of football and open-play goals. The "Clyde" distraction will likely be on the minds of some BR players as it is with their fans. An early-ish goal would see us run away with it today.

As Phil Lynott once said; "Attack, attack, attack..." 

Very comfortable day out. Could gave had a few more but 3 good goals and a shut-out is very welcome.

Another day of ample choices for MotM but Davie Galt for me today. Playmaker in all 3 goals. His craftiness and quick thinking at the third was something else. Kieran Moore not far behind though. Great debut for young Luke Main and Michael Ruth had another impressive game. Everyone else was just very good.

Jordan had about one real save today. Gerry comes back and by some peculiar coincidence we get our fourth shut-out in as many games. Funny how it all comes together sometimes.

Whichever way you dress it up, we lost today because we were the worst team by some distance. 

8 or 9 of our team would not get on the bench for any other side in this division. Blame whatever you want, but the truth is as stark as that. 

Talking point of the day was the Berwick team sheet. A debut goalie, 3 at the back, Bryson dropped or injured no one was sure., Top scorer under Harvey's reign, Adamson on the bench with the handsome Ousey and Healy.  We needed to win this game so much  we once again started with Rose up front with Barr playing off him, I should really add ' inexplicably ' because how Rose gets that role I do not know. He has the touch of one of Daenerys' Dragons.  It was going well for the first 20 minutes or so until the excellent MOM Galt for QP crossed a beauty and the header went in under the keeper. Harsh to blame him but he maybe should have done better. Then the turning point Berwick have a penalty claim denied, Ive seen them given only for QP to break forward and win a penalty when their forward got in front of Wilson. Unlucky? yes.

Qp were beginning to play, beginning to find space behind our wing backs, The excellent McLaren, controlling the game now, Galt a willing runner, holding up the ball when necessary. Everything we didn't have. A query- if we cannot attract good  players because of our wage bill, how come the 'Amateurs' from QP can attract players of the calibre or Galt and McLaren? 

2-0 at half time, manager JH stayed  at the dug out to discuss tactics (I hope) with his staff before his team talk but strangely with 3 strikers on the bench and the ineffective Rose wondering why the offside rule should apply to him, no changes. We huffed and puffed for the first 10 minutes but we weren't getting anywhere, finally the change was made and Ousey came on to give us a bit more attacking bite. Strangely he replaced our only decent defensive midfielder McIllduff and sure enough with gaping holes in front of our now exposed back 3 we conceded the 3rd. 

The rest of the game was just a chance for Qp to introduce some of their 13 year old youth players to have some shooting practise as we faded from the game.

Positives? Good to see Ousey back, play him JH!  Jack Cook and a mention to Rob Wilson, who if nothing else gives 110% . The loyal Berwick supporters. Last week I was among the  poor 324 Annan crowd who turned up to see their play off seeking team but today even though we are bottom, even though we have won only one game since November, over 400 Berwick fans turned out to see us play. That is phenomenal in my eyes and you know what, most of them were there before our manager and you know what most of them will be there when he goes. That gives them  every right to have a moan and a boo when THEIR  team, THEIR club is dishing up such a shitfest.  Deal with it JH 

The last two weeks were two outstanding opportunities to fall flat on our faces against two teams battling for L2 survival and we cantered through both.  We've taken the chance to bring in the youngsters and, again, they're risen to the challenge.  The lad Main fitted in nicely in one of the more challenging positions, and  Michael Ruth up front took a bit of a battering but kept it going and looked as impressive as his reputation suggests.

Two outstanding goals either side of the penalty, with Galt's cross for the first and the finish being 5 star.

Berwick certainly plugged away and no one could fault them for effort, but they look like lost souls.  We had a spell in the first half when they were defending like schoolboys and we should have rattled in another two at least.

Top marks for QP throughout the side.  McLean again superb and Galt a guy you would pay a premium to watch.  Let's not forget that we kept yet another clean sheet.  Gerry showing that you don't have to be as fast as Usain Bolt (or even Usain Bolt's mum) to be a good defender at this level.  Pleased to see Mortimer have a good game too.  All in all, no one had a bad game in what could have been a challenging day.

As for Berwick, they look a wee step below the Rovers; quite frankly, they're poor in terms of skills and set up.  Perhaps a disappointing crowd, given the importance of the game.  Hopefully the new flag in the Ducket will provide the players with a bit of encouragement. 

Talking point of the day was the Berwick team sheet. A debut goalie, 3 at the back, Bryson dropped or injured no one was sure., Top scorer under Harvey's reign, Adamson on the bench with the handsome Ousey and Healy.  We needed to win this game so much  we once again started with Rose up front with Barr playing off him, I should really add ' inexplicably ' because how Rose gets that role I do not know. He has the touch of one of Daenerys' Dragons.  It was going well for the first 20 minutes or so until the excellent MOM Galt for QP crossed a beauty and the header went in under the keeper. Harsh to blame him but he maybe should have done better. Then the turning point Berwick have a penalty claim denied, Ive seen them given only for QP to break forward and win a penalty when their forward got in front of Wilson. Unlucky? yes.
Qp were beginning to play, beginning to find space behind our wing backs, The excellent McLaren, controlling the game now, Galt a willing runner, holding up the ball when necessary. Everything we didn't have. A query- if we cannot attract good  players because of our wage bill, how come the 'Amateurs' from QP can attract players of the calibre or Galt and McLaren? 
2-0 at half time, manager JH stayed  at the dug out to discuss tactics (I hope) with his staff before his team talk but strangely with 3 strikers on the bench and the ineffective Rose wondering why the offside rule should apply to him, no changes. We huffed and puffed for the first 10 minutes but we weren't getting anywhere, finally the change was made and Ousey came on to give us a bit more attacking bite. Strangely he replaced our only decent defensive midfielder McIllduff and sure enough with gaping holes in front of our now exposed back 3 we conceded the 3rd. 
The rest of the game was just a chance for Qp to introduce some of their 13 year old youth players to have some shooting practise as we faded from the game.
Positives? Good to see Ousey back, play him JH!  Jack Cook and a mention to Rob Wilson, who if nothing else gives 110% . The loyal Berwick supporters. Last week I was among the  poor 324 Annan crowd who turned up to see their play off seeking team but today even though we are bottom, even though we have won only one game since November, over 400 Berwick fans turned out to see us play. That is phenomenal in my eyes and you know what, most of them were there before our manager and you know what most of them will be there when he goes. That gives them  every right to have a moan and a boo when THEIR  team, THEIR club is dishing up such a shitfest.  Deal with it JH 

Was "the excellent McLaren" no. 7 by any chance?

Archived