Berwick v QP

We scored four without reply at the weekend and they lost six second half goals and  their manager invited an elderly fan in to lecture the players at the end. All of this, coupled with the fact that we scored seven against them and recently came from behind to win down there, should point to an away win. This makes me feel quite uneasy. 

Great team performance on Saturday. 4-0 win without being absolutely spectacular. Everyone did their job and we took our chances. No reason not to keep faith with the same XI. Our old chums in Coatbridge will have a keen eye on this as well. 

We've got to anticipate a tough game and not let the standard drop. I don't think we'll do that. 2-1 QP. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree about same team. I think it has exciting potential. Confidence must be growing and, heaven forbid, complacency could be our enemy. Don't say that very often following QP. Comfortable 2-0 victory for me. Perhaps Berwick will have their elderly fan playing this weekend. He could be no worse than some of them.

I've been saying as much for quite a while now, but this final meeting between ourselves and the QP boys really is a pivotal match for the end of our season; our single most-reliable chance at points. This is not to knock QP at all, who I feel have done reasonably well this season what with the forced change of gaffer and all, but rather based on the fact that we still face promotion-chasing Clyde, Rovers in the deathmatch that will be 'El Disastrico 2; Relegation Boogaloo', and Elgin City in what will be a silly season match for them.

I had typed out something negative here, but let me recant that before I post it; the boys need to come up big for us here. Please, please, please, for the love of the Tweed, put in a shift, lads.

Let's not forget the  three shutouts in a row. It's maybe been a blessing in disguise having the injuries and the dull spot. If not, we'd likely be chasing fourth spot and the impressive Diet Irn Bru Firm wouldn't have got the chance to shine. We've got some decent pace in attack and the back line on Saturday looked as tight as it's been since the pre-Connah spell. We need a lively showing before the final 3 laps. Looking forward to it.

It's clear Mark is looking for progress so anything less than 8-0 will be unacceptable. 8)

3 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

What the hell! The chip van is the best thing about Berwick.

The alleged victim was telling us about it in the pub in Coatbridge after Saturday's game

At the last midweek game, he was having some banter with the guy who runs the van about the difference in price between a portion of chips and a portion of chips n cheese. Nothing serious, he was still going to buy them. The guy went mental at him :lol:

"I run  this place, not you! I set the prices, not you! What I say the prices are, that's what they are!"

"Awright Chairman Mao, calm doon"

"That's it! You are barred! Don't serve him, don't serve him ever again!"

Quite right, total scumbag behaviour :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

The alleged victim was telling us about it in the pub in Coatbridge after Saturday's game

At the last midweek game, he was having some banter with the guy who runs the van about the difference in price between a portion of chips and a portion of chips n cheese. Nothing serious, he was still going to buy them. The guy went mental at him :lol:

"I run  this place, not you! I set the prices, not you! What I say the prices are, that's what they are!"

Shockng! Some solidarity needed here. Total boycott during the first 40 mins of the game.

30 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Strangely I was at the match and had some good natured banter with him with no problems. Maybe I had exhausted his patience.

It was only 1-2 last time out but being at the game there was only ever one winner. QP were miles ahead of Berwick. The weather was atrocious but QP still played some silky stuff. Can see a really comfortable 0-3 win. Hope to Hell I'm wrong but just can’t see anything else but a home defeat. 

TBF, Chairman Mao is dead.

After a huge and excellent debate on the Berwick thread that makes Brexit look like an exercise in political unity, its back to the football. 

I'm told that the players are still solidly behind the manager and Sean Brennan has been practicing saving penalties. 

As ever, the despair of last week has drifted away a tad and I live in hope that 100% effort will be enough tomorrow. If not, there is always beer. 

57 minutes ago, Redcar said:

After a huge and excellent debate on the Berwick thread that makes Brexit look like an exercise in political unity, its back to the football. 

I'm told that the players are still solidly behind the manager and Sean Brennan has been practicing saving penalties. 

As ever, the despair of last week has drifted away a tad and I live in hope that 100% effort will be enough tomorrow. If not, there is always beer. 

It's been interesting observing the syle of Imminent Danger Management between Rovers and Gers fans recently, Two very different styles. 

For those who didn't see it on the EC v Clyde thread I've put up the prize money table for our league. Quite a differnce for QP moving from 5th to 8th.  So, yes, plenty to play for. If anyone's interested in the percentages, that's the share of the whole SPFL pot each position warrants. Scottish Government's aspiration for a fair and even society hasn't reached the fitba beaks obviously.

Footnote: Div 1 9th for last year was £69k and 6th would have been £76k (although slightly different pot that year)

image.png.0cff779881e5fa38212d38e6a1f1931f.png

I will be sorry to see Berwick go out of the league if it happens. A great wee away day and a great wee club.

The game looks a banker for Queens but I have a feeling it might not work out that way.

Good to see us getting a run of results. I was not a fan of the new coach but he is starting to make an impact.

1-1

Archived