Raith Rovers v Stranraer

Mcglynn inherited a squad that wasn't good enough, and has changed it up to resemble a squad still not good  enough. 

Mixture of reasons and a share of the blame to a few different parties, but really difficult to see where we go from here. 

I'm a Mcglynn fan and personally would like him to stay, but if we fail to go up and he isn't here next season it would be a difficult one to argue. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone who can defend McGlynn now really needs to have a look at themselves. At full time he had 5 players who he has brought into the club. To say he's had no chance to change the squad is dilusional. We're playing part time Stranraer ffs.

No offence meant to Stranraer who thoroughly deserved the win.
Agreed, but we have to suffer another season of it.

I like McGlynn and am happy to defend him. I’m busy cooking dinner just now but I’ll have a look at myself later (sounds a bit dodgy that).

That said, I’ve lost interest with supporting his team this season. I’m amazed the crowds have held up. I’ll reappear for the play-offs, but I honestly don’t know why, given we haven’t much hope of getting promoted through the play-offs. I don’t think we have the players for it. I don’t really blame McGlynn for that as he’s had to wheel and deal mid-season and try and cobble together a winning team. This season looks a write-off. All you can really cling to is the knowledge that strange things sometimes happen in football. It’s the sort of daft hope that sees people putting lines on at bookies where 50p will pay out £5,000.

He had a bench half full of loan players that don't get on. Players on loan who are utter garbage there is no defending him.

We are a shambles of a club with not one player of note coming through from this so called double u20 league winning team. I have never been so disinterested in attending matches in years.

10 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
Anyone who can defend McGlynn now really needs to have a look at themselves. At full time he had 5 players who he has brought into the club. To say he's had no chance to change the squad is dilusional. We're playing part time Stranraer ffs.

No offence meant to Stranraer who thoroughly deserved the win.

Agreed, but we have to suffer another season of it.

A whole season with nae Brechin soup* or Stephen's Bridies at the football.

Doesn't bare thinking about.

*This situation can be avoided if Brechin get 3 points at Starks where Raith have next to nothing to play for now .  Just saying, like.  :whistle 

10 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

He had a bench half full of loan players that don't get on. Players on loan who are utter garbage there is no defending him.

We are a shambles of a club with not one player of note coming through from this so called double u20 league winning team. I have never been so disinterested in attending matches in years.

To be honest, the much lauded Craig Easton was employed to deliver young players good enough for the first team.  If they aren't ready or good enough it's not all at Mcglynns door. 

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

A whole season with nae Brechin soup* or Stephen's Bridies at the football.

Doesn't bare thinking about.

*This situation can be avoided if Brechin get 3 points at Starks where Raith have next to nothing to play for now .  Just saying, like.  :whistle 

I would gladly give that up to see Barry Smith and Toshney suffer relegation. 

To be honest, the much lauded Craig Easton was employed to deliver young players good enough for the first team.  If they aren't ready or good enough it's not all at Mcglynns door. 
Yup and McGlynn the master coach has done what with them. There is not one player out there you can say has improved in any way over the last 6 months or so. Remember he arrived after only 12 games or so.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

To be honest, the much lauded Craig Easton was employed to deliver young players good enough for the first team. 

Doubt it would make much difference the much lauded Mcglynn prefers youngsters from other clubs.

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Yup and McGlynn the master coach has done what with them. There is not one player out there you can say has improved in any way over the last 6 months or so. Remember he arrived after only 12 games or so.

They have to be good enough. No manager can turn a young player into a good footballer if they aren't good enough. 

Id be all for giving some of them a go for the last few games of the league, young lad Bowie looked like a handful. 

47 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

We are knocked off the ball way too easily, there seems to be no fight amongst the players. No urgency to try and get forward, we can’t even seem to pass the ball at times. Teams have clicked that we try and play through nat and just put pressure on us causing us just to give the ball away. Continuous punts up to nobody again today. I’d shout for mcglynn to go, but who would we get in?

Danny Lennon? 

Given our Board’s track record the odds are whoever is chosen next, it will just be the latest disaster. Our Board would be better throwing darts at some names. At least then we’d have some chance of them picking the right manager.

They have to be good enough. No manager can turn a young player into a good footballer if they aren't good enough. 

Id be all for giving some of them a go for the last few games of the league, young lad Bowie looked like a handful. 

I'm also talking about the current supposed first team squad. Bowie has looked effective coming on, trying to muscle himself about and create chances when coming on as a sub. Nope sit him on the bench and play fucking two midgets or one up front.

Danny Lennon? 
Given our Board’s track record the odds are whoever is chosen next, it will just be the latest disaster. Our Board would be better throwing darts at some names. At least then we’d have some chance of them picking the right manager.
We have a chairman who spends 650k on a pitch. That's to save money on training facilities and u20 pitches along with up keep. It can't be utilised by the public and at night even if able to do so is not cost worthy. This is the type of clown that is at the helm. We are fcuked, clueless to say the least.

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:
Danny Lennon? 

We have a chairman who spends 650k on a pitch. That's to save money on training facilities and u20 pitches along with up keep. It can't be utilised by the public and at night even if able to do so is not cost worthy. This is the type of clown that is at the helm. We are fcuked, clueless to say the least.

Looking at the Championship table, next season will probably be a struggle too. Strugglin’ 

Archived