Raith Rovers v Stranraer

Probably for the second week in a row this game means more to the blues than their illustrious opponents.As Rovers coast towards the Championship play offs,Stranraer continue their fight to climb clear of the bottom 2.After Saturday's well earned 3 points against Forfar,can we do the double against their play off rivals.On the evidence of the lack lustre performance against Montrose a couple of weeks ago,no chance,but on the evidence of last Saturday every chance.Having watched the other 3 games against Raith this season this could be another close one.Obviously Nisbet is the one to watch for the home team,where would the Kirkcaldy side be without his goals this term?Again a really hard one to call if the young blues side are firing on all cylinders,let's hope the boy on A View from the Terrace makes Raith his banker.:whistle

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie Hamill to give away a penalty which Kev Nisbet scores, then in a shocking turn of events Dougie Hill - fresh from tracking down Josh Falkingham and putting things right - appears from the crowd and puts Hamill in a headlock.

1 v 0 Rovers.

3 hours ago, Hottoddy22 said:

Rovers will defo win at home to Stranraer

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Jamie Hamill to give away a penalty which Kev Nisbet scores, then in a shocking turn of events Dougie Hill - fresh from tracking down Josh Falkingham and putting things right - appears from the crowd and puts Hamill in a headlock.

1 v 0 Rovers.

Very confident Raith supporters ,That is what i like to see

Yep, predicting a 1-0 home win smacks of arrogance 

That’s what I thought. Get that up on the dressing room wall. Random punter on the Internet predicts 1 v 0 home win by penalty. That’ll enrage them.

When Jamie Hamill becomes enraged, we get the penalty. #mindgames

John McGlynn on the Raith channel cursing his luck on injuries.I think the blues have had a pretty wretched time with injuries this season with arguably the smallest budget in the League,if we manage to beat Raith and that's a big if,I think I know where this is going.

I'm wondering if the whole Stenhousemuir team is out after Saturday's game!Especially after a full week at work I'll bet all their team are ok while our chances are using every excuse. 

If our senior players are that bad just give am opportunity to our young players! We are guaranteed a play off pace so why not?

John McGlynn on the Raith channel cursing his luck on injuries.I think the blues have had a pretty wretched time with injuries this season with arguably the smallest budget in the League,if we manage to beat Raith and that's a big if,I think I know where this is going.

We won’t need an excuse if we lose to you as it’s a game that means nothing to the Rovers anyway. If Stranraer don’t manage to beat us then there’s a Problem..

2 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

If Stranraer beat you with there budget mate I think I know where the problem is and  certainly ain't with us,quite sure your fellow fans see it your way, not.

Games of football arent won/ dictated by budgets

19 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Games of football arent won/ dictated by budgets

I wonder how it would work if it did.

Would £1 more equal a goal ?

Would save watching our usual shitfest in the winter.

Might need a hybrid solution involving budgets, fan base and in the event of a draw the winner would be decided by a panel of pundit’s using the clubs ‘rightfull place in scottish football’ index.

3 hours ago, Frank conner said:

I'm wondering if the whole Stenhousemuir team is out after Saturday's game!Especially after a full week at work I'll bet all their team are ok while our chances are using every excuse. 

If our senior players are that bad just give am opportunity to our young players! We are guaranteed a play off pace so why not?

giphy(3).gif

Stranraer haven't won at Stark's Park in 35 years so we're due a result.

That’s in the League. We did win a Challenge Cup tie there in August 1997 thanks to a Gordon Young goal.
Still no doubt we’re overdue a result though. [emoji4]

Archived