Infuriating Things That YOU Do

Because throbber's a lazy b*****d and can't start the thread himself:

• I bite my nails and have done since primary school. I also chew the end of pencils, and the sticky out side bits you get on plastic pen lids.
  • I tap things with my fingers when deep in thought,  probably with little rhythm. I also do it at the ATM whilst waiting on the cash dispensing. 
  • I say PAT test, knowing the T in PAT stands for Test already. I don't say PIN number though, so the inconsistency in this is also annoying somewhat. 
  • I correct my own grammar out loud when I realise that I've made a mistake. 
  • I make a point of turning up for things bang on time, even if it makes other people sweat that I'm running late.  
  • Worst of all: I watch Gogglebox from time to time and I think I actually enjoy it. I disgust even myself. 
Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Because throbber's a lazy b*****d and can't start the thread himself:

I bite my nails and have done since primary school. I also chew the end of pencils, and the sticky out side bits you get on plastic pen lids.

I tap things with my fingers when deep in thought,  probably with little rhythm. I also do it at the ATM whilst waiting on the cash dispensing. 

I say PAT test, knowing the T in PAT stands for Test already. I don't say PIN number though, so the inconsistency in this is also annoying somewhat. 

I correct my own grammar out loud when I realise that I've made a mistake. 

Worst of all: I watch Gogglebox from time to time and I think I actually enjoy it. I disgust even myself. 

Gogglebox is brilliant 

Guest JTS98
3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I support Edinburgh City. Apparently that's quite an infuriating thing. 

evil.jpg.55fd89ecf8095864745e9f2aff72f04d.jpg

Saw Edinburgh City play at East Kilbride earlier this season.

It was the first time I'd ever seen the club play and up until that point I had absolutely zero opinion on them in a positive or negative sense. In the second half I moved to stand a bit closer to their supporters and 45 minutes later Edinburgh City were only marginally below The Old Firm and Hibs on my list of utter scum.

The most annoying group of supporters in the world. I hope your club dies.

10 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Saw Edinburgh City play at East Kilbride earlier this season.

It was the first time I'd ever seen the club play and up until that point I had absolutely zero opinion on them in a positive or negative sense. In the second half I moved to stand a bit closer to their supporters and 45 minutes later Edinburgh City were only marginally below The Old Firm and Hibs on my list of utter scum.

The most annoying group of supporters in the world. I hope your club dies.

We've arrived folks, a Jambo hates us.

What a glorious day to be alive.

I say cunt too much.  Just in general conversation.  Apparently I sound aggressive too when I'm talking, although I don't intend it that way.

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I say c**t too much.  Just in general conversation. 

I swear a lot also and I'll pretty much always swear at myself out loud if I make a mistake.  "For ffffff.... (cough)" is bound to be a very familiar phrase and a pain for anybody that works around me, although I apologise to them in advance when I meet them. 

I also continue this when I'm alone, but do it loudly and properly in these situations.  I also talk to myself a fair bit if I'm alone, although that doesn't really bother anybody else.

Eta: I'm currently rolling a ball of red wax around my fingers that used to be a Babybel wrapper half an hour ago.  I'm a chronic fidget.  I also tap or shake my feet around subconsciously and it'll usually take my other half's intervention to highlight that I'm doing it (a firm hand on the thigh is the signal).  I'm even shaking my right foot around (as if I'm fitting from the ankle downwards) as I type this. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I swear a lot also and I'll pretty much always swear at myself out loud if I make a mistake.  "For ffffff.... (cough)" is bound to be a very familiar phrase and a pain for anybody that works around me, although I apologise to them in advance when I meet them. 

I also continue this when I'm alone, but do it loudly and properly in these situations.  I also talk to myself a fair bit if I'm alone, although that doesn't really bother anybody else.

Eta: I'm currently rolling a ball of red wax around my fingers that used to be a Babybel wrapper half an hour ago.  I'm a chronic fidget.  I also tap or shake my feet around subconsciously and it'll usually take my other half's intervention to highlight that I'm doing it (a firm hand on the thigh is the signal).  I'm even shaking my right foot around (as if I'm fitting from the ankle downwards) as I type this. 

Quite so.