Ian Blackford MP

RubixPubes

19 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A quick summary of the above story: Ian Blackford is paid more than £3K per month as chairman of an investment company with a £1 billion asset portfolio. They have stakes in loads of companies. Two are BAE and Airbus, who between them own 75% of MBDA who sold £140 million of missiles to Saudi Arabia who have used them in the Yemen conflict.

Indeed, so using the Mails logic and tenuous links, then everyone who has flown with Easyjet is a despicable individual and guilty of war crimes.............

20 hours ago, RubixPubes said:

How low can the SMSM stoop too? Lower than a midgets c**t the lot of them

They have now started a smear campaign against Ian in regards to Saudi arms deals that he has profited from. The bare faced cheek of the Tory c***s knows no bounds

We are now on the cusp of our birthright, Scottish Independence and they are fully aware that project fear will no longer wash. The establishment are terrified of Ian and the the rest of the gallant 35 who are shaking things up down in Westminster and will now do anything to protect their precious dictatorship, sorry I mean “union”

IMG_2946.thumb.jpg.347d0b88a805ceef71f22e8befeb61e4.jpg

The English Mail is a minority read paper in Scotland, it is though the bible to the little englander home cunties, but truth be told print journalism is on it's way out as Caley's sage poster Sophia nutshelled print journalists when he reminded us that there once was Blacksmiths.

Another pet btw for me is that these print wankers put feck all into our game financially but happily freeload on the hospitality, twats!

Anyway I'm loving your last paragraph pubes and you're spot on, we just had a big expensive leaflet delivered from Fatty Davidson reminding how much she's done for Scotland???????????????? 

My whole family are paid up SNP members and activists including one of us politically involved so guess where that feckin leaflet ended up. The tories are in total disarray and they know what the outcome would be should there be an election.

How the feck did us Scots get lumbered with all that English nonsense?

5 hours ago, RubixPubes said:

At the end of the day the man is just a simple crofter doing his best for the people of Scotland. He doesn’t need a smear campaign against him

I do however believe that Mr Blackford will more than hold his own in a defamation case if needs be

Though I despise the Mail..,  the audit trail of who's paying him, and what for, and if where the investments are made are clear...

then he doesn't seem to have much grounds for defamation.   The fact that half the Commons, mostly Tory, have got their heads face down

in the troughs of high finance isn't really the point. That's the Mail for you.

4 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Ross Thomson tweeted that he (Blackford) was an arms dealer and then swiftly deleted it. It may turn into quite an expensive tweet for young Ross.  

Who's arms are more deadly the dealer's or Ross Thomson's ? 

8 hours ago, RubixPubes said:

At the end of the day the man is just a simple crofter doing his best for the people of Scotland. He doesn’t need a smear campaign against him

I do however believe that Mr Blackford will more than hold his own in a defamation case if needs be

Are you Ian Blackford or his publicist?  :lol:

The whole cesspit is, well full of cess! Anyone knocking at my door or stopping me in the street asking for my vote at any future elections will be greeted by 'eff off' (but probably by more polite language).

10 hours ago, RubixPubes said:

He's certainly not a simple crofter, he's held high positions as an investment banker with several high profile banks and companies. The Daily mail is a Tory rag

I  don't agree that our MPs should be allowed to be taking,  what ordinary people consider fortunes, just because we voted for them. I would hope a independent country would have much tighter control on this.

A bill is going through the Scottish parliament currently, in fact the consultation period has just finished which puts much more controls in place as regards outside remuneration of MSPs.  My opinion is we should go further, the absurdity of nothing happening to the DUP MPs for jaunts to Israel and Sri Lanka shows up imo the corruption of Westminster

8 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Blackford's performances on TV, in the Commons and the positive reaction from many down south meant this was always going to happen. Wonder who'll be next to have The Male treatment?

Keith Vaz.

6 hours ago, LordHawHaw said:

He's certainly not a simple crofter, he's held high positions as an investment banker with several high profile banks and companies. The Daily mail is a Tory rag

I  don't agree that our MPs should be allowed to be taking,  what ordinary people consider fortunes, just because we voted for them. I would hope a independent country would have much tighter control on this.

A bill is going through the Scottish parliament currently, in fact the consultation period has just finished which puts much more controls in place as regards outside remuneration of MSPs.  My opinion is we should go further, the absurdity of nothing happening to the DUP MPs for jaunts to Israel and Sri Lanka shows up imo the corruption of Westminster

I'm very glad indeed that successful individuals want to put themselves forward for public service.

The idea that they would simply cease to take part in other activities is preposterous.

17 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
17 hours ago, RubixPubes said:
At the end of the day the man is just a simple crofter doing his best for the people of Scotland l. He doesn’t need a smear campaign against him
I do however believe that Mr Blackford will more than hold his own in a defamation case of needs be

He is far from a simple crofter.

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Are you Ian Blackford or his publicist?  :lol:

I think he might have been being sarcastic.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Why?

Is it not obvious to you?

Would you really expect someone who has life long investments to suddenly remove themselves from whatever arena they are in for a relatively brief period of time of public service that may last 5 years or perhaps even shorter?

What a strange thing to be fixated upon.

14 hours ago, beefybake said:

Though I despise the Mail..,  the audit trail of who's paying him, and what for, and if where the investments are made are clear...

then he doesn't seem to have much grounds for defamation.   The fact that half the Commons, mostly Tory, have got their heads face down

in the troughs of high finance isn't really the point. That's the Mail for you.

As you are in Somerset you will be aware that the clown Coco Johnson is in breach of Commons rules and is to be disciplined for not declaring an interest in a house in Somerset.

First a clown in the Whitehouse and soon another in 10 Downing Street.

And who would name there child Boris with it's russian communist connotations?  

Edited by SandyCromarty

40 minutes ago, sophia said:

Is it not obvious to you?

Would you really expect someone who has life long investments to suddenly remove themselves from whatever arena they are in for a relatively brief period of time of public service that may last 5 years or perhaps even shorter?

What a strange thing to be fixated upon.

I'm afraid it's just a sign of the times.

We're currently living through a period where EVERYONE is under the spotlight with throwaway comments and sarcastic social media posts from years previous being used to destroy peoples lives. Nobody is allowed a sense of humour with innuendo and sarcasm now being criminalised.

Unfortunately our politicians have to take a large part of the blame for heading us down this road and as such they MUST be whiter than white and above any sort of suspicion, sleaze or scandal, otherwise they'll be accused of gross hypocrisy and will be required to face the music like everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Mail article is utter nonsense in this case and is all driven by politics, however this is the world that we now live in and personally I don't like it one little bit...................

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I'm afraid it's just a sign of the times.

We're currently living through a period where EVERYONE is under the spotlight with throwaway comments and sarcastic social media posts from years previous being used to destroy peoples lives. Nobody is allowed a sense of humour with innuendo and sarcasm now being criminalised.

Unfortunately our politicians have to take a large part of the blame for heading us down this road and as such they MUST be whiter than white and above any sort of suspicion, sleaze or scandal, otherwise they'll be accused of gross hypocrisy and will be required to face the music like everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Mail article is utter nonsense in this case and is all driven by politics, however this is the world that we now live in and personally I don't like it one little bit...................

It was ever thus, consider Aitken, Murdoch and Beaverbrook for starters, rank right wing conservatives.

3 hours ago, sophia said:

I'm very glad indeed that successful individuals want to put themselves forward for public service.

The idea that they would simply cease to take part in other activities is preposterous.

In the main, I agree but Shirley, isn't there a danger of conflicts of interests arising from "certain other activities" like investments for instance?

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It was ever thus, consider Aitken, Murdoch and Beaverbrook for starters, rank right wing conservatives.

That's true but it just seems more blatant nowadays.

4 hours ago, sophia said:

Where have I said that given you have quoted me?

ReductIon to the ridiculous argument in operation  methinks